PDA

View Full Version : Foods for weight loss

Paul
08-08-2014, 05:56 AM
Raw veggies foods provide supportive for the weight loss purposes.
Add more fresh fruits, raw vegetables, and water foods in your diet to lose your weight effectively.
You can take apple, orange, grapefruit, berries, broccoli, cabbage, cucumber, citrus fruit juices, green tea, coffee, nuts, fish, fish oil, and green vegetables soups for reducing your weight through diet.

EDITED: SPAM LINK REMOVED

stuck
08-08-2014, 06:05 AM
I drank like eight fucking gallons of orange juice a day and didn't lose any weight.

:confused::confused:

rincon
08-08-2014, 06:10 AM
I drank like eight fucking gallons of orange juice a day and didn't lose any weight.

:confused::confused:

Duh, that's because of all the fibrous pulp. Try refined apple or grape juice.

stuck
08-08-2014, 06:14 AM

Alcohol is refined.

What if I strained the pulp out of the orange juice and put some vegetarian potato alcohol in it?

jyng1
08-08-2014, 06:16 AM
If you take the orange and apple out and just leave the watery bit, you'd probably lose a bit more.

Perdix
08-10-2014, 09:50 PM
Workout daily; run, swim, 100-500 pushups, 200+ situps, stairs, etc. Eat 2000-2500 calories per day, stick with slow burning carbs, healthy fats, and lots of protein.

As long as calories in < calories out you will lose fat and gain muscle (yes, you can gain muscle on a calorie deficit). There is no magical food that will help you lose weight, unless you count coca leaves and/or kratom as food.

Faust
08-10-2014, 10:45 PM

Plant fiber is usually lacking in diet (the Western sort anyway). With it your body pumps less insulin to process sugar, which is why eating fruit whole is recommended - plus there's less of an overall sugar count. Smoothies are okay I think.

- Eat your fucking vegetables. Include fermented ones if you're adventurous, like in kimchi, as those help with gut bacteria.
- rice, oft-called a slow-release carb, can help you stay full longer. Carbs paired with meat help with melatonin production, starting with the chain of tryptophan + insulin in your system, and proper sleep is another factor in weight loss. Have in moderation. Or don't, w/e.
- avoid processed shit
- fasting (intermittent or otherwise) has health benefits and increases lifespan. I now skip some breakfasts and will attempt to go a whole day.
- eat fats and protein

Beyond that, there's a stronger difference of opinion (e.g. vegan vs paleo vs ovo-lacto whatever), but I'd venture most any direction you choose if you cut out junk and sugar will help you lose weight and stay healthy.

There is no magical food that will help you lose weight, unless you count coca leaves and/or kratom as food.

That's true, though I'd add that consuming nutrient-dense food can help keep you from over-eating.

On fasting - the idea first came about, I think, when djm mentioned that he has clearer thinking, and feels better, working on an empty stomach. That seemed paradoxical to me but it inspired a bit of research.

rincon
08-10-2014, 11:39 PM
Plant fiber is usually lacking in diet (the Western sort anyway). With it your body pumps less insulin to process sugar, which is why eating fruit whole is recommended - plus there's less of an overall sugar count. Smoothies are okay I think.

I thought it was obvious that I was following stuck's lead and being facetious.

JollyBard
08-10-2014, 11:42 PM
You wanna lose weight? Eat less fucking calories. Doesn't matter where you get them. Eat less.

God, you people.

keto seems to work, though

Faust
08-11-2014, 12:05 AM
I thought it was obvious that I was following stuck's lead and being facetious.

Yeah I was just needlessly lecturing in what amounts to a joke thread.

MarkovChain
08-11-2014, 12:29 AM
Does heroin count as a weight loss food?

Senseye
08-11-2014, 03:09 AM
Raw veggies foods provide supportive for the spam link (http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/bootcamp-maitland-adam-prowse-personal-fitness-trainer/maitland/).
I have to admit, I haven't paid much attention to Paul's other 3 posts, but now they I check, 3 out of 4 contain links to the same advertisement. I would suggest a liberal application of the ban hammer is in order.

notdavidlynch
08-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Best overall food for weight loss: Beans. Eat at least a cup before every meal, wait 20 minutes or so, and then rethink your meal.

One of the worst foods for weight loss that Americans ingest way too much of: Milk, of all types. Milk is a great tool... for weight gain. Whole milk in particular is like the perfect mass gaining concoction. Use it wisely. Skim milk is actually worse, because it has all of the sugar but none of the satiating, hormone fueling fat. Oh, and there's no fiber, so it will fuck up your stool. Chocolate is also bad. Chocolate milk may just be straight from Satan's teet (or cock).

jigglypuff
08-11-2014, 08:02 AM
if the goal is simply "weight loss," the obvious answer is to eat less. eat just enough to live for a while and not die, and do lots of cardio. it'll work.