PDA

View Full Version : Mafia II: Day 4 (still 48 hours)

Kyuri
11-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Welcome to Day 4. Light Leak was killed last Night. She was Town Deputy. Should the Town Cop die, The Town Deputy inherits the Cop's powers and all their role reads up to that point.

Live list:

Dirac
Dot Vanilla Townie
LowIQLogan Vanilla Townie
Slab_Bulkhead Innocent Child
Utisz
Osito Polar Vanilla Townie
Light Leak Town Deputy
lethe
Hephaestus
Dr. Ahcir
Noir
Polemarch
Granny Smith Mafia Goon
P-O
tele

Again, things you might want to keep in mind:

I will only count bolded votes made in this thread (and other Day threads I create)
Vote is plurality. You can change your vote at any time during the Day.
The Day ends exactly 48 hours from the time of this post regardless of whether I have announced it. After that no changes to your vote will count.
Nights will last 12 hours or until I have received all Night actions.
I consider any role from this list (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Normal_Roles) fair game.

Do not quote my PMs verbatim or use its wording to prove towniness.
As I've said before, once dead, players should not influence the game.

lethe
11-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Utizs

I'm relieved that there is likely a Cop, sad there is likely no Doctor or Jack-of-All-Trades Human. I was spending too much time thinking how funny this game would be if it was the one time Kyuri decided not to use a Cop, lol.

P-O
11-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Utisz It must be done

Kyuri
11-11-2014, 06:15 PM
It's still an information/trust game so I like to keep the cop. Not to say you should expect cops next time. ^^

jigglypuff
11-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Utisz

Hephaestus
11-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Utisz

Hephaestus
11-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Utisz Folly mk 4: The Doozy

jigglypuff
11-11-2014, 06:40 PM
is he dead yet

Polemarch
11-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Utisz

P-O
11-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Dr. Ahcir

Dirac
11-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Utisz

Noir
11-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Utisz

LordLatch
11-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Today I Utisz my favorite Utisz and then I Utisz the Utisz. I want to Utisz until Utisz but Utisz is five Utisz. What Utisz should I Utisz?

Utisz that!

Imma Utisz instead!

Noir
11-11-2014, 09:45 PM
I feel like that's a bastardized Eminem song, but I have no idea which one.

LordLatch
11-11-2014, 10:37 PM
I feel like that's a bastardized Eminem song, but I have no idea which one.

You Utisz me, sir!

Noir
11-12-2014, 01:14 AM
Alright, so since Utisz is basically a slightly warmed corpse at this point, let's do some meta:

Here is the Anime role list:
Town Cop
Jailer
Masons (x2)
Mafia (x2)
Mafia Godfather
Serial Killer
Vanilla Townie (x8)

Here is the original role list:
Innocent Child
Town Cop
Town Vigilante
Mafia (x3)
Mafia Jack-of-all-trades
Vanilla Townie (x8)

Here is what we know so far:
Innocent Child (Slab_Bulkhead)
Town Cop (presumed from Deputy)
Town Deputy (Light Leak)
Mafia Goon (suggests non-goon Mafia)
Vanilla Townie (x3) (Dot, Osito, Logan)

I think the non-vanilla proportions are especially important to note. During the Anime Mafia game, The proportions were 4-4-8, meaning there were equal parts pro-Town and anti-Town roles. During the stillborn Vampalien round, that proportion was off-set to 3-4-8, meaning there were more anti-Town than pro-Town roles. The game was reset at this point.

To me this suggests two things:
1) Kyuri disliked the way the roles played together, so she opted to mix things up a bit.
2) The proportions were skewed anti-Town, so she reshuffled the roles to account for this.

So if we assume a) perfect proportions, and b) a new mix of roles, what assertions can we reasonably make about our current predicament?

I think that there are (4) pro-Town roles, (4) anti-Town roles, and (7) Vanilla Townies.

Vampalien MkII setup per Noir:
Town Deputy (Light Leak)
Unknown Town Special
Mafia Goon (x3)
Non-Goon Mafia
Vanilla Townie (x7) (Dot, Osito, Logan)

Which leaves (4x) Vanilla Townies, (1x) Town Cop, (2?) Mafia Goons, and (1?) Non-Goon Mafia.

Noir
11-12-2014, 01:25 AM
Ugh here we go:

Town Cop (unknown)
Town Deputy (Light Leak)
Town Special (unknown)
Mafia Goon (x3) (Granny Smith)
Non-Goon Mafia (unknown)

Which leaves (4x) Vanilla Townies, (1x) Town Cop, (2?) Mafia Goons, and (1?) Non-Goon Mafia.[/QUOTE]

Noir
11-12-2014, 01:39 AM
Jesus God!

Town Cop (unknown)
Town Deputy (Light Leak)
Town Special (unknown)
Mafia Goon (x3) (Granny Smith)
Non-Goon Mafia (unknown)

Which leaves (4x) Vanilla Townies, (1x) Town Cop, (1x) Town Special, (2?) Mafia Goons, and (1?) Non-Goon Mafia.

Hephaestus
11-12-2014, 02:11 AM
I don't think there is a 4th town special. I think the deputy cop was the rebalance. We haven't had a fast kill rate which indicates neither a vig or a sk. There is an outside chance the vig is sufficiently experienced to hold their bullets, but I wouldn't count on it. Instead, I would note that the previous setup had no safety net for the Detective, the new setup created a safety net. I think most likely the vig was swapped for the deputy.

Noir
11-12-2014, 03:34 AM
I don't think there is a 4th town special. I think the deputy cop was the rebalance. We haven't had a fast kill rate which indicates neither a vig or a sk. There is an outside chance the vig is sufficiently experienced to hold their bullets, but I wouldn't count on it. Instead, I would note that the previous setup had no safety net for the Detective, the new setup created a safety net. I think most likely the vig was swapped for the deputy.

Okay. So considering the survivability of the Cop role, we shouldn't rule the possibility of competing Mafia specials:

Godfather - A Mafia role that investigates as Not Guilty (or whatever would be least incriminating).
Miller - A Town role that investigates as Guilty (or whatever would be most incriminating).
Roleblocker - When given to the Mafia, this role allows them to block the Cop's investigations, neutering the Follow the Cop strategy.
Framer or Tailor - A role that can target a player each Night; if the Cop investigates the Framer's target, they will get an incriminating result. If the Cop investigates a Tailor's target, they will get an incorrect result.

Would you agree that there are likely 3 mafia remaining as well then? If we're mirroring the stillborn game that is.

P-O
11-12-2014, 05:44 AM
Vampalien MkII setup per Noir:
Town Deputy (Light Leak)
Unknown Town Special
Mafia Goon (x3)
Non-Goon Mafia

Which leaves (4x) Vanilla Townies, (1x) Town Cop, (2?) Mafia Goons, and (1?) Non-Goon Mafia.

Doubt there are more than 2 mafia left. There's no serial killer this time. Worst possibility is that there's a godfather.

Dirac
11-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Advance warning that I'm busy most of the day today. Please don't take my absence as an insult. I should be on later tonight to throw down if needs be.

Noir
11-12-2014, 05:34 PM
I don't think anyone's going to be around until Utisz kicks the can.

Noir
11-12-2014, 10:35 PM
or bucket as the case may be. :dont:

Hephaestus
11-12-2014, 10:51 PM
I heard he was plotting to buy the farm.

LordLatch
11-13-2014, 03:08 AM
Utisz

Kyuri
11-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Utisz was Vanilla Townie. Yeah...

Day 4 is over. Night 4 begins now and will last 12 hours. Get your actions in etc.

Noir
11-13-2014, 07:28 PM
:laser:

Hephaestus
11-13-2014, 07:38 PM
This is actually the worst case scenario for the town. Utisz wasn't scum, he wasn't the cop, he was just a scummy townie. It sucks because he wasted two turns, and now, our worst case scenario is we have to lynch correctly or lose in the next day phase.

P-O
11-13-2014, 07:51 PM
This is actually the worst case scenario for the town. Utisz wasn't scum, he wasn't the cop, he was just a scummy townie. It sucks because he wasted two turns, and now, our worst case scenario is we have to lynch correctly or lose in the next day phase.

It's funny because our starting hand was all aces. We managed to mess it up pretty good.