Light Leak
ferrus
Neville
P-O
Utisz
Ruby_Bookrose (?)
LowIQLogan
Osito Polar

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhYdcQAhyIRexQ2cD__zkxZh9DaWPtz 6mofmiIF0tEpsn26yvwUw
Can we plan to start on Tuesday?
Theme ideas?

Madrigal
03-28-2015, 12:33 AM
Gangsta mafia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuapp9SORA

Polemarch
03-28-2015, 12:34 AM
Some ideas that came to mind:

Blade Runner (i.e. find the replicants)
Battlestar Galactica (i.e. find the cylons)
Deep Space 9 (i.e. find the changeling)

Yes, I like science fiction.

Fitz
03-28-2015, 12:37 AM
Battlestar Galactica (i.e. find the cylons)

so say we all.

NedLudd
03-28-2015, 12:44 AM
I'll play this. How does it work?

Polemarch
03-28-2015, 01:08 AM
Those were the days (http://www.theonion.com/articles/obama-depressed-distant-since-battlestar-galactica,2693/)

NedLudd
03-28-2015, 01:16 AM
Those were the days (http://www.theonion.com/articles/obama-depressed-distant-since-battlestar-galactica,2693/)

It's feels weird that he's been president since then, it seems like he was elected so recently.

Ptah
03-28-2015, 02:28 AM
Dot has been given moderator powers over this subforum, per request :)

Blorg
03-28-2015, 03:47 AM
I'll play this. How does it work?

Yay!

There are 2 teams: mafia and townies. Mafiosos want to kill townies; townies want to kill mafiosos. You'll be told whether you're a townie or mafia in a pm at the start of the game. If you're a townie, you won't know which of the other players are townies and which ones are mafia. If you're mafia, you'll be told (via pm) who the other mafiosos and townies are.

The game is divided into "days" (48 hours each) and "nights" (12 hours each).

Every day, one player can die. During this time, every player - mafia and townie - has the option of discussing suspects/brewing paranoia in the game thread and then bolding the name of his/her prime target, the person they most want to kill. At the end of the day, the person whose name has been bolded by the most players dies (they drift away to the graveyard thread and can't comment on the game anymore). Then, I will publicly reveal the real identity of that person. If they turn out to be a mafioso, yay for the townies. If you're a townie, you'll be shooting in the dark for the first couple of rounds, because there won't be many clues about who the mafiosos are, but slip-ups and insights will accumulate in the thread over time.

Every night, the townies have to go completely silent and cover their eyes, and the mafia gets to kill a townie. They discuss and vote in pm's (and then send the mod the name of the agreed-upon townie). This has to happen by the end of the night. In the next day phase, I will reveal the name of the murdered townie, and discussion in the game thread can resume, with this new evidence in hand.

There are also special roles (https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Mafia_(party_game)) (scroll down), which complicate the game. If you have a special role, you'll be told so in the first pm.

The game ends when the townies manage to kill all the mafia, or when the mafia outnumbers the townies.

Dot has been given moderator powers over this subforum, per request :)

Thanks!

http://media.giphy.com/media/FG6sjz6GfIaze/giphy.gif

So the edit function got disabled for mods in this subforum?

Blorg
03-28-2015, 03:48 AM
^and yeah I'm rooting for Battlestar Galactica :cheer:

Light Leak
03-28-2015, 04:22 AM
I'm going to admit that I have never watched Battlestar Galactica. I don't mind it being the theme. I just haven't seen it.

GnarlFox
03-28-2015, 12:02 PM
I'd like to play.

Blorg
03-28-2015, 12:27 PM
ok:
Madrigal
lethe
Polemarch
Light Leak
ferrus
Neville
P-O
Utisz
Ruby_Bookrose yes ?
LowIQLogan
Osito Polar
Lud
mhc
GnarlFox

I think that's enough for a game.

http://cdn.crooksandliars.com/files/uploads/2008/06/bush-finger.jpg

kali, ACow, prometheus, Sloth, notdavidlynch, are any of you interested?

Perdix
03-28-2015, 02:13 PM
@kali (http://forums.intpcomplex.com/member.php?u=37), @ACow (http://forums.intpcomplex.com/member.php?u=47), @prometheus (http://forums.intpcomplex.com/member.php?u=111), @Sloth (http://forums.intpcomplex.com/member.php?u=256), @notdavidlynch (http://forums.intpcomplex.com/member.php?u=56), are any of you interested?

Sure, I'll play.

Utisz
03-28-2015, 04:07 PM
It is the least I could do in comparison to Dot's 'msg is banned celebratory Mafia game' which is just such a fantastic idea. Gj Dot.

That's not a bad idea for a theme actually.

We're all in a forum where the mafia are secret evil moderators and townies are normal users afraid of being banned. A doctor/detective is like a white hat hacker, the godfather is like the evil admin.

Or equivalently, the townies are all virtuous moderators, the mafia are trolls who make the moderators lose the will to live, the doctor/detective is an admin, and the godfather is a sock.

All we need now is a name for the forum ...

Sloth
03-28-2015, 04:43 PM
Ah I would but I'm leaving for China today for my new gig :D (my post about it is on the raves thread) so I'm going to be fairly distant on the forum until mid June. I'm hoping to pop in at least every now and then though. We'll see.

I'm on the plane right now, we're about to take off omgah!

Perdix
03-28-2015, 05:23 PM

intpcomplex_v2

Blorg
03-28-2015, 06:57 PM
That's not a bad idea for a theme actually.

We're all in a forum where the mafia are secret evil moderators and townies are normal users afraid of being banned. A doctor/detective is like a white hat hacker, the godfather is like the evil admin.

Or equivalently, the townies are all virtuous moderators, the mafia are trolls who make the moderators lose the will to live, the doctor/detective is an admin, and the godfather is a sock.

:applause:

"intption.com" (like inception with a lisp, in honor of the recursiveness)
"forums.nsa.gov"

Blorg
03-29-2015, 12:43 AM
intpcomplex_v2

Oh how did I miss this one! I like it.

Polemarch
03-29-2015, 04:14 AM
I'd suggest the theme not be a joke that picks on a certain member.

Ruby_Bookrose
03-29-2015, 05:35 AM
ok:
Madrigal
lethe
Polemarch
Light Leak
ferrus
Neville
P-O
Utisz
Ruby_Bookrose yes ?
LowIQLogan
Osito Polar
Lud
mhc
GnarlFox

I think that's enough for a game.

http://cdn.crooksandliars.com/files/uploads/2008/06/bush-finger.jpg

kali, ACow, prometheus, Sloth, notdavidlynch, are any of you interested?

Not this time (sorry) -very bogged down with work/travel...
Thanks!

Blorg
03-29-2015, 02:19 PM
Not this time (sorry) -very bogged down with work/travel...
Thanks!

You're welcome and no problem! Have fun (?) traveling!

Blorg
03-29-2015, 02:50 PM

Well, the theme itself doesn't necessarily involve a joke that picks on anyone. Could just call it intpx or intpc (or whatever).

Should we go with Battlestar Galactica? Or something else?

Utisz
03-29-2015, 04:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjwofYhUJEM

The original intent was to pick on the moderators though ... they're the evil ones in the game. There was nothing but love in my heart for the member in question.

Maybe we can always ask msg_v2 for his blessing.

Blorg
03-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Maybe we can always ask msg_v2 for his blessing.

intpcomplex_v2 has his blessing

Blorg
03-29-2015, 07:59 PM
intpcomplex_v2 has his blessing

And by extension (I assume) whatever variations on the forum theme we choose, if we go with that option

As a Lesser Mod, I bless the evil mod features of the theme as well

---------

Does Tuesday work for everyone?

Light Leak
03-29-2015, 08:00 PM
Tuesday works for me.

Utisz
03-29-2015, 08:03 PM
As a Lesser Mod

demimod.

Tuesday sounds reasonable, yep!

Perdix
03-29-2015, 08:16 PM
demimod.

Tuesday sounds reasonable, yep!

halfmod prince(ss).

I don't have anything on my calendar this week, or next, so anytime works for me.

Animals
03-29-2015, 11:33 PM
I want in

Blorg
03-30-2015, 01:20 AM
In:
Madrigal
lethe
Polemarch
Light Leak
ferrus
Neville
P-O
Utisz
LowIQLogan
Osito Polar
Lud
mhc
GnarlFox
prometheus
Animals

Still time to sign up! Unless there are protests registration will close on Tuesday at 6 am Washington DC (est?) time.

http://youtu.be/dMoaJCd6qMk

Blorg
03-30-2015, 01:21 AM
Blocked! OK hopefully this one works:

http://youtu.be/uToMvq3yw2A

Blorg
03-30-2015, 01:29 AM
In:
Madrigal
lethe
Polemarch
Light Leak
ferrus
Neville
P-O
Utisz
LowIQLogan
Osito Polar
Lud
mhc
GnarlFox
prometheus
Animals
Hephaestus ! Sorry I missed your name. I was going to say

Hephaestus
03-30-2015, 04:58 AM
No worries. I'm sitting this one out.

Polemarch
03-30-2015, 05:07 AM
No worries. I'm sitting this one out.

I think I'm sitting this one out too. Not a big fan of the ban/mod/v2 theme idea, however it's branded. To be honest, I'm a little disturbed it was even suggested.

Perdix
03-30-2015, 05:11 AM
I think I'm sitting this one out too. Not a big fan of the ban/mod/v2 theme idea, however it's branded. To be honest, I'm a little disturbed it was even suggested.

Why? It was in good humor.

Fitz
03-30-2015, 05:12 AM

Yeah, I agree. This is fucked up. Have fun kiddos.

Blorg
03-30-2015, 07:32 AM
Let's not go with that name and/or theme then. (presumably it makes several participating players uncomfortable too.) I'm sorry. I got carried away.

I'm not going to be around tomorrow but let me know by Tuesday morning what the theme is (or we can play the first round without a theme, if enough players are still interested).

Blorg
03-30-2015, 07:45 AM
^Also, let me know if any themes would encourage the three players who withdrew to participate again. And/or we can start more afresh with a new host/mod, if that would make a difference. I'm not sure how else to make this game newer/more refreshed, but if anything else would make a difference, let the thread know, I guess..

Blorg
03-30-2015, 08:00 AM
You know what, someone else take over. Let's start anew.

(I won't participate as a player because that would feel icky.)

If no one else takes over I will mod for the players who want to play (?) but I encourage a new mod to step up (or nominate someone else). (I kind of invited myself to host the game without asking permission, anyway.)

Blorg
03-30-2015, 08:37 AM
Well, this makes me feel entirely shitty, but someone else does need to take over. I've gotten an overload of baggage from this place and real life lately, plus I'm vague and wouldn't make a good mod. I count three instances of significant vaguenesses so far.

Let's push back the start date a few days to make sure the game doesn't dissipate/someone else takes over.

Irrelevant rundown:
I am genuinely invested in the hope that people will have fun and not feel uneasy.
I feel that the reaction was overblown. I'm not sure if that opinion is reasonable because I'm feeling opaque right now and can't provide better insight.
I feel entitled to my irritation, which stems from a number of sources, and do not apologize for it (though my apologies for the tacky stuff were genuine), but respectful of the queasiness, irritation, disappointment etc that others may feel.
I honestly have no idea how I feel about msg but I gave him the best defense I could in the perdition thread because he certainly doesn't deserve to be permanently banned. My alternating bandwaggoning and reluctance here was the product of residual/fading anger.

More than enough drama tonight. It's the apocalypse.

Blorg
03-30-2015, 01:39 PM
Well, I'm going to board a flight soon so let me know what other people want me to do. It seems like there's no way I can make everyone content/satisfied right now.

I PM'd P-O about hosting but he hasn't replied yet. If he doesn't reply, would anyone else be interested? Hephaestus?

Light Leak
03-30-2015, 02:39 PM
Dot, I'm fine with you hosting if you still want to, but I agree that the theme should probably be something other than the evil mod/banning theme.

Off the top of my head... I'm thinking something like a gang of people who dress up as murderous bunnies or something. Spring/Easter mafia. I dunno.

Utisz
03-30-2015, 03:01 PM
Sorry Dot for my part in causing this mess. Hopefully the game can still go ahead under another theme. Polemarch, ent, what do you say?

Polemarch
03-30-2015, 03:06 PM
I have no objection to Dot hosting, never did. Just wasn't comfortable with the suggested theme. If the theme were different I'd probably still participate - but either way, the game can and should go on.

Utisz
03-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Well if Dot were still agreeable to hosting then it seems we could just stick with the Battlestar Galactica theme. ent, what do you think?

http://www.thegeekocracy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/cylons-models.jpg

Madrigal
03-30-2015, 04:01 PM
Well, this makes me feel entirely shitty, but someone else does need to take over. I've gotten an overload of baggage from this place and real life lately, plus I'm vague and wouldn't make a good mod. I count three instances of significant vaguenesses so far.

Let's push back the start date a few days to make sure the game doesn't dissipate/someone else takes over.

Irrelevant rundown:
I am genuinely invested in the hope that people will have fun and not feel uneasy.
I feel that the reaction was overblown. I'm not sure if that opinion is reasonable because I'm feeling opaque right now and can't provide better insight.
I feel entitled to my irritation, which stems from a number of sources, and do not apologize for it (though my apologies for the tacky stuff were genuine), but respectful of the queasiness, irritation, disappointment etc that others may feel.
I honestly have no idea how I feel about msg but I gave him the best defense I could in the perdition thread because he certainly doesn't deserve to be permanently banned. My alternating bandwaggoning and reluctance here was the product of residual/fading anger.

More than enough drama tonight. It's the apocalypse.

https://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/wait_what.jpg

Dot, I'll do the Battle Star Galactica one (whatever that is) - but I think you should consider what I'm gonna say. If you moderate the game you need to have thicker skin, cause people are going to ask you for favors, try to cheat, accuse you of favoritism, say the game sucks, question your modding skills, etc. And you're the only player that isn't allowed to get worked up over anything. You really have to think about that because I don't know if we'll finish a game if the mod is that susceptible.

Noir
03-31-2015, 12:03 AM
I will play...if it's still happening?

Hephaestus
03-31-2015, 12:09 AM
It is not my intent to manipulate what tint of whitewash you put on the game. While I'm not opposed to seeing a more tasteful theme chosen, it doesn't influence my wish to sit this one out. But by all means, play.

Perdix
03-31-2015, 01:18 AM
Count me out as well. I can't sit idly by pretending that this game doesn't outrage me. I feel my core moral tenants are being violated.

NedLudd
03-31-2015, 01:42 AM
Count me out as well. I can't sit idly by pretending that this game doesn't outrage me. I feel my core moral tenants are being violated.

I feel like I should be offended too, but I don't understand enough about what is going on.

LordLatch
03-31-2015, 01:49 AM
I feel like I should be offended too, but I don't understand enough about what is going on.

That makes it your fault.

NedLudd
03-31-2015, 02:05 AM
That makes it your fault.

I can be the scapegoat, that's OK.

Blorg
03-31-2015, 05:17 AM
Sorry Dot for my part in causing this mess. Hopefully the game can still go ahead under another theme. Polemarch, ent, what do you say?

That's ok - it's the poltergeist's fault, anyway.

Dot, I'll do the Battle Star Galactica one (whatever that is) - but I think you should consider what I'm gonna say. If you moderate the game you need to have thicker skin, cause people are going to ask you for favors, try to cheat, accuse you of favoritism, say the game sucks, question your modding skills, etc. And you're the only player that isn't allowed to get worked up over anything. You really have to think about that because I don't know if we'll finish a game if the mod is that susceptible.

Ok. I'm ready. *makes eyes steely*
Also, it's 'Battlestar' :dont:

I will play...if it's still happening?

Yep!

-----------

For the record, I never suggested that the game be discontinued. I also never declared the forum idea as the theme.
In the future, if you find any of my decisions here unjust/oppressive (qualities I will try to avoid), please tell me so directly and politely, and I promise that I will respond constructively.
I am not actually an evil mod and this is not actually an evil mafia game. I love all of you. However, accept the love you think you deserve. Those are my words of wisdom for tonight.

Since there has been drama, I'd like to get the list of players sorted out tomorrow and start the game on Wednesday, if that's ok - it just feels rushed to start tomorrow. Looks like Battlestar Galactica has the most votes so far?

GnarlFox
03-31-2015, 09:14 AM
Not to throw in a wrench (but to throw in a wrench) have you guys and gals done anything fantasy oriented. I mean Hogwarts is full of witchcraft and wizardry and I'm going on the assumption that most people have watched at least one of the movies. When is this happening anyway?

Light Leak
03-31-2015, 12:36 PM
Not to throw in a wrench (but to throw in a wrench) have you guys and gals done anything fantasy oriented.

We did a Game of Thrones theme at the old place but I guess we haven't done a fantasy theme here yet.

Blorg
03-31-2015, 03:54 PM
I don't know how much time Osito Polar would like to have for story-writing? (I or someone else can do it too/instead when your time is short). Thank you for volunteering btw! (I love reading them)
In any case, can we try to reach a decision about the theme by early this evening? 6 pm (http://time.is/ET) (et)? I'll go with whichever one looks like it has the most interest by that time.

And how about we start the game at noon (et) tomorrow?

Blorg
03-31-2015, 04:12 PM
And let's have the player list resolved by 6 pm (http://time.is/ET) today too, unless anyone objects. (there's still time to join!)
Correct me if I'm wrong:
Madrigal
lethe
Polemarch
Light Leak
ferrus
P-O
Utisz
LowIQLogan
Osito Polar
Lud
mhc
GnarlFox
prometheus (please rejoin? the drama has passed and the game will be more fun with more players)
Animals
Noir

Osito Polar
03-31-2015, 05:32 PM
I'd enjoy writing Hogwarts, maybe Battlestar.

Again I can't really promise to have a lot of time to contribute stories. If someone would be willing to summarize turns for me when they're recently concluded that would help.

Polemarch
03-31-2015, 07:17 PM
I think I am going to sit out, sorry to be wishy washy here. I truly will be busy over the next couple of weeks, and don't want that to be perceived as meta-gaming. Good luck with the game.

Light Leak
03-31-2015, 07:37 PM
So no killing Polemarch because Polemarch? What kind of mafia game is this?

Polemarch
03-31-2015, 07:40 PM
I'm sure Osito can work my death into the "MacGuffin is dead" round.

Osito Polar
04-01-2015, 12:08 AM
“Oh, MAN that is such a good idea. But how are we going to get a herd of alpacas into the Gryffindor common room?” asked Ferrus.

“Exactly how many are in a herd, anyway? Like, six?” asked Light Leak.

“I think a standard herd is eleven alpacas.” said LowIQLogan.

“Is that the same if it’s a metric herd?” asked Lud.

“Shut up, Lud.” said Utisz.

“Fucking Americans.” said Madrigal and shook her head.

“Okay, so here’s the plan — I can borrow a portable hole from my uncle and we can put the alpacas into it. I’ll roll up the hole, you guys provide a distraction, I’ll sneak in, dump out the alpacas and once I’m out I’ll book it, you guys wait a little while then follow me.” said Logan.

“Easy peasey, mate.” said GnarlFox.

“Yeah, that sounds amazing.” said Noir.

“Do alpacas poop a lot?” asked LowIQLogan.

“I’m not sure. But I do think they’ll eat just about anything” said Madrigal.

“Like freshmen?” asked mhc.

“Nah, pretty sure they’re herbivores. But they’ll definitely eat the curtains, maybe some of the furniture. Maybe some of the paintings. Hopefully only the annoying ones.” said Madrigal.

“Amrose Swott. I hope they eat that old weirdo.” said P-O.

“Yeah, he creeps me out. He’s like sixty percent made of ginger beard.” said Ferrus.

“Okay, I’ll go to my uncle’s tonight and get the portable hole.” said LowIQLogan.

“Alright, I’ll buy eleven alpacas and meet you at Diagon Alley tomorrow morning.” said Animals.

“Right on. We’ll come up with a good distraction.” said Lethe.

The next day, everything went swimmingly until LowIQLogan was emptying the portable hole in the middle of the Gryffindor common room. Eight traumatized alpacas came pouring out (as planned) but then as he shook the hole up and down to get out the last few, out fell a severed arm.

“What the — “ muttered LowIQLogan.

The remaining three alpacas fell out on the floor immediately afterwards along with the rest of Polemarch. He limply flopped out on the carpet, naked except for a banana hammock and a brightly colored butterfly tramp stamp. And dead. Polemarch was very, very dead.

“OH FUCK.” thought LowIQLogan, crinkling his nose as the smell hit him. He picked up the arm and dropped it back in the portable hole. He tried to pick up Polemarch, but found him to be both smelly, ungainly, and difficult to stuff back in the hole.

“GODDAMMIT.” he cursed under his breath. He could hear some Gryffindors in the adjoining rooms, currently occupied but bound at any second to notice the sound of eleven irritable alpacas stirring around in their common room trying to decide which piece of furniture to eat first.

LowIQLogan considered his chances. Hey, *HE* hadn’t killed Polemarch. He was innocent here. Fuck it. Like previously planned, he just rolled up the hole, stuffed it in his back pocket and slipped out of the common room as nonchalantly as possible.

“Hey, uncle MacGuffin. I sorta borrowed your portable hole last night. And umm. Well, you might want to message me back when you get this. There’s a thing I need to ask you about. Thanks.” LowIQLogan finished recording the note, strapped it to his owl E. Honda and sent him on his way.

He was pacing the room anxiously when the others piled into the Ravenclaw dorm.

“Hey, the distraction worked like a charm. How did it go on your end?” asked Lethe.

LowIQLogan’s face said everything.

“Oh fucking hell. What happened?” asked Utisz.

Utisz
04-01-2015, 02:23 AM
Polemarch was very, very dead.

Hmm ... not dead enough for my liking. We shouldn't risk it.

Polemarch

Polemarch
04-01-2015, 04:30 AM
He tried to pick up Polemarch, but found him to be both smelly, ungainly, and difficult to stuff back in the hole.

Are you calling me fat?

Osito Polar
04-01-2015, 04:42 AM
Are you calling me fat?

Well, no. I have no idea. I was suggesting you were dead. Very, very dead.

Have you ever tried to move a very, very dead person?

They're inconveniently heavy and the weight's distributed all weird.