PDA

View Full Version : What kind of dog are you?

Makers!*
05-23-2015, 01:34 AM
I'm reading this book called "Jung to Live By." About 40% of it is okay to pretty interesting. In one section though, the author goes into Astrology, saying something like "Here's these different ancient Gods and you probably identify with the personality traits at any given time. Here's the personality traits: yada, yada." And understanding these Gods are supposed to help us undertand ourselves. Well, thats good and fine, but if I'm going to try identify with anything, it's probably not the identity type of Greek and Roman Gods. The Greek and Roman myths are pretty cool I will admit. Sometimes I see myself in those. But the Gods...they're, i don't know, to far removed from my experience. What's not removed from my experience though, like any red-blooded american, *chest thump* are dogs. I like dogs, and screw you all who want to go bashing their heads in for some dough. I can indentify with the breeds, and think if I were to pick which most typified my nature or what I project onto at this very moment in time, it'd be the Malinoise. According to wikipedia....

Well-raised and trained Malinois are usually active, intelligent,[2][3][4] friendly,[2] protective,[3] alert and hard-working. Belgian Malinois exhibit energy levels that are among the highest of all dog breeds. A typical Malinois will have puppy-like energy until the age of 3, though it is not uncommon for them to exhibit this energy level until the age of five. Many have excessively high prey drive. Some may be excessively exuberant or playful, especially when young.[2][3] They can be destructive or develop neurotic behaviors if not provided enough stimulation and exercise. This often causes problems for owners who are unfamiliar with the breed and are not prepared to provide the exercise they require or a job for them to do. They are medium-sized, strong dogs that require consistent obedience training, and enjoy being challenged with new tasks. They are known to be very easy to train, due to their high drive for rewards.[2][3]

Here is a picture: http://ccprotectiondogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Belgian-Malinois.jpg

What kind of dog are you?

BIOTCH
05-23-2015, 01:39 AM
Are you sure you're not Se? If i ever get a dog it will be when i'm settled with kids and i will get newfies.

Makers!*
05-23-2015, 01:41 AM
Are you sure you're not Se? If i ever get a dog it will be when i'm settled with kids and i will get newfies.

Oh yea. That's the other thing. I don't fit into these personality types. With the exception of maybe Introvert. Every other trait, I can see myself at one point or another behaving in a way that defies the categorizations. And you didn't answer the question.

jigglypuff
05-23-2015, 01:41 AM
i'm most familiar with pekingese dogs (my childhood dog) & identify with them. they're small dogs who don't know how small they are and act like little overconfident assholes. they're not the most trainable dog, you can't trust them to be gentle with kids, and they march to the beat of their own drum. i'm sorta making this up but not really. little stubborn fluffy butts they are. cute as shit. leaves hair everywhere.

BIOTCH
05-23-2015, 01:46 AM
Oh yea. That's the other thing. I don't fit into these personality types. With the exception of maybe Introvert. Every other trait, I can see myself at one point or another behaving in a way that defies the categorizations. And you didn't answer the question.

if you say u dont fit in ur not NT, i think you are ISTP. nothing defies categorizations. sure we are all special snowflakes but i haven't met one person that doesn't fit into one of the 16 types, deep cognitive function analysis included

Makers!*
05-23-2015, 02:45 AM
if you say u dont fit in ur not NT, i think you are ISTP. nothing defies categorizations. sure we are all special snowflakes but i haven't met one person that doesn't fit into one of the 16 types, deep cognitive function analysis included

How old are you? What places have you been? Have you been in any romantic relationships? When I say mother or father, what does it bring to mind? Have your school expierences been favorable? Do you like white or red sauce on your spaghetti?

Oh yea,

And why are trolling my thread?

Madrigal
05-23-2015, 06:56 AM
The Littlest Hobo, Che Guevara of the dog world

Dirac
05-23-2015, 11:07 AM
Do you realise that scoring on the traits tends to be normally distributed?

stigmatica
05-23-2015, 02:37 PM
http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/akcdoglovers/LabradorRetriever_cutout.png
Somebody throw the ball already!

The Labrador Retriever is a strongly built, medium-sized, short-coupled, dog possessing a sound, athletic, well-balanced conformation that enables it to function as a retrieving gun dog; the substance and soundness to hunt waterfowl or upland game for long hours under difficult conditions; the character and quality to win in the show ring; and the temperament to be a family companion. Physical features and mental characteristics should denote a dog bred to perform as an efficient Retriever of game with a stable temperament suitable for a variety of pursuits beyond the hunting environment.
The most distinguishing characteristics of the Labrador Retriever are its short, dense, weather resistant coat; an "otter" tail; a clean-cut head with broad back skull and moderate stop; powerful jaws; and its "kind," friendly eyes, expressing character, intelligence and good temperament.

Makers!*
05-24-2015, 06:27 PM
Somebody throw the ball already!

I love labs! Had two growing up. I should have just named this thread, "what are your favorite dog breeds?"

Makers!*
05-25-2015, 08:20 PM
I posted this pic a long while back. He's my brother's dog, a german shepherd, husky mix. Super Handsome. Great temperment.

http://s30.postimg.org/ejjzgkfvl/rigby.jpg

Denzien
06-03-2015, 10:12 PM
I grew up with Afghan Hounds. Quiet and aloof. When I'm with my dogs though, I'm not really an INTP anymore - my Fe is expressed and I'm more in the moment.

I currently have a Miniature Schnauzer (11y/o), a Catahoula (2y/o) and a Blue Heeler (1 y/o)

Hephaestus
06-03-2015, 10:21 PM
I grew up with Afghan Hounds. Quiet and aloof. When I'm with my dogs though, I'm not really an INTP anymore - my Fe is expressed and I'm more in the moment.

I currently have a Miniature Schnauzer (11y/o), a Catahoula (2y/o) and a Blue Heeler (1 y/o)

I knew of a therapist who specialized in veterans with PTSD. He had a Giant Schnauzer, and it went to work with him. Apparently, having that large beastie resting quietly in the corner had a very calming effect on his patients--they didn't want to upset the dog.

He retired early when some asshat ran over him and his dog while they were in a crosswalk. They both survived, but each had many broken bones. He retired because the settlement was... significant. A Giant Schnauzer in a body cast gets lots of empathy in court too.

Denzien
06-03-2015, 10:34 PM
I knew of a therapist who specialized in veterans with PTSD. He had a Giant Schnauzer, and it went to work with him. Apparently, having that large beastie resting quietly in the corner had a very calming effect on his patients--they didn't want to upset the dog.

He retired early when some asshat ran over him and his dog while they were in a crosswalk. They both survived, but each had many broken bones. He retired because the settlement was... significant. A Giant Schnauzer in a body cast gets lots of empathy in court too.

Those are some big sumbitches, too. When I was in college, I delivered a pizza sometimes to a man with 3 or 4 all black Giant Schnauzer show dogs, one of which went to Westminster. When I knocked or rang the doorbell, they would run full speed to the front door and pounce on it with their front paws, all 100lbs of them (or whatever they weigh) slamming into the door. It was impressive.