PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Eating Right Now?

Grape Jelly
03-24-2016, 04:40 AM
Just curious.

I opened pandoras box of Carls Jr and this is my 3rd time so far. It's the first fast food I actually look forward to and am glad I ate after. I ordered the Famous Star burger with some medium fries. I think I'm good for a while.

It's right next to Papa Johns where I'm going to buy some Garlic butter dipping sauce for a dollar then go home and use it on Tostinos pizza.

MoneyJungle
03-24-2016, 04:47 AM
Gala apple. It's like a party in my mouth. Or an event, maybe.

Hephaestus
03-24-2016, 06:09 AM
Gala apple. It's like a party in my mouth. Or an event, maybe.

You could slice up Jazz apples and Gala apples and mix them in a bowl. I think the math I'm working is obvious.

Sappho
03-24-2016, 09:54 AM
You could slice up Jazz apples and Gala apples and mix them in a bowl. I think the math I'm working is obvious.

It's all fun and games until Granny Smith shows up and threatens to call the police.

ferrus
03-24-2016, 10:06 AM
It's all fun and games until Granny Smith shows up and threatens to call the police.
Talking of apple types led me to my google search ending up here:

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Braeburn

I now officially retire from the internet.

That said, a pony steak would be nice.

Grape Jelly
04-05-2016, 07:26 AM
I was feeling lazy so I made a black forest ham sandwich. And a bag of jalepeno cheetos.. fuck it all!

Antifragilista
04-10-2016, 09:15 PM
Arugula salad topped with fried egg, onions, crushed corn chips, shredded mozzarella cheese, olive oil, sriracha (mandatory. this goes on everything) garlic, black pepper. This salad gave me dragon breath and I'm pleased with the way it wards off idle office chit-chat. Washed it down with sparkling water and then a biscotti for dessert.

Grape Jelly
04-18-2016, 08:13 AM
Ravioli and bacon soup.

gator
04-19-2016, 08:03 AM
Beans on toast with beans I made myself. Three days on the flavours have melded together beautifully and it's really quite pleasant.

gator
04-25-2016, 10:17 PM
I made some bean and mushroom burgers and I discovered the secret ingredient: gluten. Seriously? why did I never think to add gluten before? They used to be a big fucking mess but now they stay in one piece and are delicious.

Aurast
04-26-2016, 10:58 PM
The makings of a sharp cheddar, shrimp, and avocado omelette are currently on or beside the stove.

GnarlFox
04-26-2016, 11:05 PM
A can of soup. It has rice in it. Soups and their rice obsession. Grrr. I swear one of these days I'm going to make a big pot full of rice as a metaphorical fuck you to all the things it's added to. And yes, I know how stupid that sounds.

flurps
04-27-2016, 01:47 AM
Soup that I put rice in on purpose.

GnarlFox
04-27-2016, 02:24 AM
Soup that I put rice in on purpose.

There's no problem with options. If it's in it already though, that takes away my agency.

Sistamatic
05-11-2016, 01:35 AM
Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes
http://www.kodiakcakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Powercakes-label-253x1024.jpg

Topped with Blackstrap Molasses (Treacle if you reside across the pond)
https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7745287_f260.jpg

It's different, but tasty. I think I may make this a regular part of my diet.

I've been sweetening my tea with blackstrap lately to get more iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, and a few other micronutrients into my diet, and because it has a lower glycemic index than regular sugar. It has a strange sort of flavor, but I'm developing a real taste for it.

Hephaestus
05-11-2016, 01:46 AM
Rice, cooked in 2/3 beef stock, 1/3 water.

Grape Jelly
05-11-2016, 04:26 AM
California rolls. My new compromise for eating out.

Grape Jelly
05-11-2016, 04:55 AM
That particular sushi was garbage. Seaweed too rubbery. Now I feel sick. I Think I should lay off the soy sauce.

Grape Jelly
05-11-2016, 05:02 AM
Feel like I'm gonna throw up. :puke:

Sistamatic
05-11-2016, 11:42 PM
Boiled chicken thighs in a cast iron pot with bay leaves, oregano, garlic, black cardamom for over an hour until it was falling apart. Used the resulting water as a base for my Jambalaya, to which the chicken was added, and which also has skillet-browned andouille. Cut up red, yellow, and orange miniature bells into ring slices and added them at the end. Served with roasted hatch green chili spooned over the top.

Ependymin
05-12-2016, 03:18 AM
I just ate two cookies. You know the Nestle kind that come in a refrigerated tube ? Gross and not worth it. Weird chemical aftertaste. I am disappoint.

interprétation erronée
05-27-2016, 06:31 AM
mango cheeks smothered in li hing mui candy powder. it's to-die-for trust me bro/sis.

https://media.makeameme.org/created/Them-Cheeks.jpg

Grape Jelly
05-27-2016, 06:47 AM
Hazzed a sweet potatoe today. Waz good.

Ependymin
06-03-2016, 12:20 AM
Cheese quesadilla.

My life is so exciting.

Sloth
06-07-2016, 11:12 PM
I'm giving vegetarianism another try. Hopefully for at least a few weeks. My record is about 2 weeks, and it felt really good.

I have big plans to make a stir fry tonight:

-zuccini
-onion
-garlic
-mushroom
-poblano
-jalapeno
-almonds

Grape Jelly
06-08-2016, 03:34 AM
Had cauliflower, brocolli, spinach, a speciality kale salad, pineapple, watermelon, cherubs, cheese and chicken at the salad bar.

Ependymin
06-08-2016, 05:42 AM
Vitamins. I don't like to eat this late in the day but I forgot to take them earlier.

jyng1
06-08-2016, 05:47 AM
Vitamins. I don't like to eat this late in the day but I forgot to take them earlier.

Aiming for some expensive piss?

Ependymin
06-08-2016, 05:53 AM
I have low iron and D. Funny that you can have low D living in the desert but I rarely go out in the sun.

Catoptric
06-08-2016, 06:42 AM
Velveeta "Deluxe" white chedder and bacon.

For a company that specializes in cheese products they certainly suck at it. I've considered Cracker Barrel makes way better cheese pasta (https://www.amazon.com/Cracker-Barrel-Macaroni-Cheese-Cheddar/dp/B01D1A9R4A?ie=UTF8&SubscriptionId=AKIAITL4JI5XYO32XLIA&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01D1A9R4A&linkCode=xm2&psc=1&tag=procatmal-20) only that some allege that it gives them the squirts. . . Though it is ALSO made by Kraft. Also never pay more than $2.99 for any one of these. . .

Ependymin
06-08-2016, 05:51 PM
My brother's gross coffee.

Sloth
06-10-2016, 07:31 PM
Porto's roast pork sandwich...

http://s3-media3.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/Ea1YSac9VkHd9G-4Dp4Osw/o.jpg

^ not my actual sandwich

Vegetarianism lasted a whole 3 days. When I realized I was eating more fat and grease to stay full than I was when I was eating meat, I figured what's really the big difference? I love animals and everything. I'll give it another try when my life can sustain a balanced vegetarian diet. I'm still going to cut down on meat though.

Ependymin
06-11-2016, 03:37 AM
Avocado with a wee bit of sea salt.

starla
06-11-2016, 04:31 AM
A bran muffin, broken up with cashew milk poured over it like cereal and eaten with a spoon . I've had the idea for that for a long time. It's as good as I had imagined.

Grape Jelly
09-11-2016, 04:34 AM
Pink salmon sandwich with Mayo and Saracha ketchup. About to cut some celery, rinse some blueberries, and eat some cherubs. Top it off with the Naked Green machine with kale and stuff.

BIOTCH
09-11-2016, 05:53 AM
Pink salmon sandwich with Mayo and Saracha ketchup. About to cut some celery, rinse some blueberries, and eat some cherubs. Top it off with the Naked Green machine with kale and stuff.

Omg dat sound so delish. i just drunky woke up trying to find my glassers cuz im pree blind without them PS DEY WERE AT THE END OF MY BED LOL. I just finished the mushroom, basil, shrimp and chive onion dish i made. Jyoti rice cuz its the shyt

Limes
09-11-2016, 05:57 AM

Was it you and I that were extolling the virtues of chicken of the sea pink salmon? It's like half a shelf in my fridge. The lemon pepper flavor is really good too.

BIOTCH
09-11-2016, 06:02 AM
Was it you and I that were extolling the virtues of chicken of the sea pink salmon? It's like half a shelf in my fridge. The lemon pepper flavor is really good too.

Is that farmed or wild caught?

Limes
09-11-2016, 06:04 AM
Is that farmed or wild caught?

Wild caught and naturally smoked with hickory (in the case of the smoked variety by them)
I'm well aware of the feeding of pig shit to Tilapia in Asia.

BIOTCH
09-11-2016, 06:12 AM
Wild caught and naturally smoked with hickory (in the case of the smoked variety by them)
I'm well aware of the feeding of pig shit to Tilapia in Asia.

Oh good! Yea that situation is rly sad, factory farmed animals r treated so badly :( :( glad u r aware

Grape Jelly
09-11-2016, 06:30 AM

Yeup that was me verbatim. I tried mayo and Saracha ketchup to cover up the stagnant taste, but I hadn't mustard the courage to try relish. Jk/rip off.

Yeah I'll branch out to Lemon pepper, but I wrote what another member inspired me to do and I wrote Pink Salmon. I met you to find pink salmon. Joke.

Chicken I'm not fond of cooking. I prefer to let someone else cook my chicken. I always cook it too dry, which upsets my stomach. Not sure about canned chicken yet.

About to start my weening process and cook a Top Ramen burrito with LA hot sauce, my most ignoble recipe. I gotta taper off a few milligrams at a time.

Omg dat sound so delish. i just drunky woke up trying to find my glassers cuz im pree blind without them PS DEY WERE AT THE END OF MY BED LOL. I just finished the mushroom, basil, shrimp and chive onion dish i made. Jyoti rice cuz its the shyt

"I don't need a bag cuz I'm a baller." Lol that joke had swag. U think Gucci Mane needs a bag? Then I'm good. I'll google those foods.

BIOTCH
09-11-2016, 06:53 AM
Yeup that was me verbatim. I tried mayo and Saracha ketchup to cover up the stagnant taste, but I hadn't mustard the courage to try relish. Jk/rip off.

Yeah I'll branch out to Lemon pepper, but I wrote what another member inspired me to do and I wrote Pink Salmon. I met you to find pink salmon. Joke.

Chicken I'm not fond of cooking. I prefer to let someone else cook my chicken. I always cook it too dry, which upsets my stomach. Not sure about canned chicken yet.

About to start my weening process and cook a Top Ramen burrito with LA hot sauce, my most ignoble recipe. I gotta taper off a few milligrams at a time.

"I don't need a bag cuz I'm a baller." Lol that joke had swag. U think Gucci Mane needs a bag? Then I'm good. I'll google those foods.

heeehehehe

MuseedesBeauxArts
09-12-2016, 01:30 AM
Eggplant + roasted red pepper + banana pepper + tomato, stewed into a spicy sauce. With some pasta.

Madrigal
09-23-2016, 03:13 AM
Tamales with Zacapa rum.

What have I done to deserve this.

Grape Jelly
09-27-2016, 05:49 AM
Chips and Salsa.

Hint of Lime.

Grape Jelly
11-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Tums.

After eating literally nothing but Taco Bell today

Ate 2 chicken chaluppas with nacho cheese for brunch.

For late night 4th meal, I ate a crunchwrap supreme, one of those bullshit tacos, and another two beef chalupas, so 4 chalupas total today. Where's my bible at?

gator
01-06-2017, 02:31 AM
I stir fried some black rice, mushrooms, green onions, bean sprouts and an egg with some sesame oil and soy sauce. This is one of my top lazy meals.

Catoptric
01-06-2017, 03:28 AM
Quinoa burrito with black beans and salmon, etc.

JohnClay
01-06-2017, 04:31 AM
A piece of old partly cracked cheese.

Tigerlily
02-02-2017, 09:29 PM
Not right now, but yesterday. Had lunch at a new local empanada place and it wasn't bad. @Madrigal (http://forums.intpcomplex.com/member.php?u=14) they have guava and cream cheese empanadas (named Romeo and Juliet) for realz and they are soooo good! We ordered two but he didn't add them to our order and instead gave us a complimentary one which sucked because I could have eaten at least two instead of one half.

https://i.imgur.com/gb81fLz.jpg

Madrigal
02-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Had lunch at a new local empanada place and it wasn't bad.

Those look pretty good! And fried, which is how I prefer empanadas. They're not as easy to find as the oven-baked ones nowadays due to health reasons. It's tragic.

NedLudd
02-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Those look pretty good! And fried, which is how I prefer empanadas. They're not as easy to find as the oven-baked ones nowadays due to health reasons. It's tragic.

It's all you can find in New York, but I'm not a fan. Your country (or at least city) has the best empanadas imo, but they practically don't exist outside of the borders.

BIOTCH
02-20-2017, 05:41 AM
Artichoke dip with basil! Surprisingly tasty for AIP and allium friendly. U may google allium since ur pretty intelligent but that includes everything in the onion/garlic/chive family.

I blended canned artichoke hearts, fresh basil, fresh lemon juice, a very small splash of apple cider vinegar, pepper, himalayan salt, and sugar(pineapple would have been good instead), and real olive oil. If ur olive oil isn't at least like $20 a bottle it's cut with fake/substandard olive oil. An unfortunate business of the agromafia.

gator
03-16-2017, 02:54 AM
Scrambled tofu, kale salad, buckwheat biscuits.

Limes
03-19-2017, 02:31 AM
I baked chicken breasts in a Teriyaki sauce with peppers, broccoli, and onions. The chicken itself was a big let down. The texture is just awful. This has to be rib meat "pink slime" it can't possibly be muscle tissue in its natural form. Hard to eat, bleurgh.

I regret not bringing a loaf of warburtons bread back from the UK for marmite and butter, but I have a publix artisan stick thing that looks okay by [inferior] American bread standards.

gator
04-08-2017, 02:29 AM
Grilled cheese sandwich and a glass of merlot, because it's Friday.

interprétation erronée
04-08-2017, 05:04 AM
Corn puffs with water. Then some hyperlink leisure. I have $9 in my ba. :(

BIOTCH
04-09-2017, 03:19 AM
I baked chicken breasts in a Teriyaki sauce with peppers, broccoli, and onions. The chicken itself was a big let down. The texture is just awful. This has to be rib meat "pink slime" it can't possibly be muscle tissue in its natural form. Hard to eat, bleurgh.

I regret not bringing a loaf of warburtons bread back from the UK for marmite and butter, but I have a publix artisan stick thing that looks okay by [inferior] American bread standards.

Try pastured chicken, it's kind of expensive but u'll never go back. Factory farmed chicken is wut it eats = gmo grain and who knows wut else

BIOTCH
04-09-2017, 03:21 AM
Corn puffs with water. Then some hyperlink leisure. I have $9 in my ba. :(

Try getting a better paying job whiner. Are the corn puffs organic? GMO non organic corn is one of the worst things u can eat. It's laden with herbicides, pesticides and genetic engineering that causes tumors.

Limes
04-09-2017, 05:47 AM
Try getting a better paying job whiner. Are the corn puffs organic? GMO non organic corn is one of the worst things u can eat. It's laden with herbicides, pesticides and genetic engineering that causes tumors.

You know, I stood looking at the price differences and trying to remember if "organic" isn't just an FDA labeling scam, but if the alternative to organic is spongiform meat product, then I take the proper stuff. I've found that publix and fred meyer tenders have the correct consistency of fibers in the meat.

BIOTCH
04-09-2017, 06:09 AM
You know, I stood looking at the price differences and trying to remember if "organic" isn't just an FDA labeling scam, but if the alternative to organic is spongiform meat product, then I take the proper stuff. I've found that publix and fred meyer tenders have the correct consistency of fibers in the meat.

If the meat says "free range" it's a scam. That means they allow the factory farmed chickens access to a door with a little outside space outside their barns. Which is pointless and sad false advertising.
It's still hard for me to follow 5w4 speak sometimes but I'm trying :rofl:
Pastured chicken is completely different, I've gotten it through local farms and online. The nutrient profile is more consistent to wut they would b in the wild. Where I buy from, the chickens are moved to a new section of pasture on a consistent basis so they have access to fresh grass, bugs, nutrients and have a proper omega 3 fatty acid profile.

BIOTCH
04-09-2017, 06:30 AM
Yay you talked to me. I like you and will call you B... seeing you're a civilized person and I try not to refer to anyone respectable with such diminutive terms as your nick. You should have more respect for yourself. I mean it's one thing to refer to yourself derogitorily on occasion but your nick? Your prerogative however it's not self-respecting and how would one's parents feel about their child giving others permission to think of her/him as an offensive epithet. Meh.

Yeah, and I'm working on a raise. :)

P.S. I bet your real name is nice. I think you should use it. Because your current nick makes me feel like I'm interacting with a beligerant minority on the verge of being 86ed from a corner store because of unmet issues by their Parent-Gods or some socialization deficiency...

These r exactly the questions I'm trying to raise buddy Jim. Good job!

BIOTCH
04-09-2017, 06:46 AM
I c, "Stop being such a BIOTCH", totally get it... [tip toes away]

https://youtu.be/rbLlCxK0pHY

U b U bruh! Don't let me stand in ur way. And don't let U stand in ur way (ie playing the victim)

Lilith
04-17-2017, 03:33 AM
Tonkotsu ramen. Put some gochujang instead of chili bean paste. Threw some leftover steak, and voilá!

Lurker
04-19-2017, 05:55 AM
I don't understand why anyone would care about this shit, unless you were friends or something. Or looking for dinner ideas.

Otherwise, umm, peanut butter on toast with an orange?

Dig deep guys.

BarIII
05-29-2017, 05:22 PM
I just had purple/black rice for the first time. It came out perfectly though I had to add more water three times. I always estimate the water and I'm always off. Seasoned with soy sauce and cayenne pepper and sautéed in peanut oil. I bought a package of black rice from a Chinese supermarket years ago when the news said it's healthy but I never opened it. I still have it but I'll probably throw it out. I bought a new package of "purple rice" (I think it's the same thing, or close) a couple of weeks ago.

jigglypuff
05-29-2017, 10:21 PM
i have to force myself to eat something that isn't cereal so i'm gonna have . . .

a bagel cut into halves topped with mascarpone, smoked salmon and trader joe's "everything but the bagel" sesame seasoning, toasted for 5 minutes. + cup of kefir, my anti-anxiety anti-depression superfood that better not fucking let me down you tasty asshoooooole

that bagel seasoning is life-changing fyi. i like sniffing it when i feel sad.

this was supposed to be my breakfast today and it's like over 6 hours later. i'm BAD

Madrigal
05-30-2017, 04:10 PM
i have to force myself to eat something that isn't cereal so i'm gonna have . . .

a bagel cut into halves topped with mascarpone, smoked salmon and trader joe's "everything but the bagel" sesame seasoning, toasted for 5 minutes. + cup of kefir, my anti-anxiety anti-depression superfood that better not fucking let me down you tasty asshoooooole

Didn't know that about sesame seeds, I'll give it a try.

Lilith
05-30-2017, 06:31 PM
I just had purple/black rice for the first time. It came out perfectly though I had to add more water three times. I always estimate the water and I'm always off. Seasoned with soy sauce and cayenne pepper and sautéed in peanut oil. I bought a package of black rice from a Chinese supermarket years ago when the news said it's healthy but I never opened it. I still have it but I'll probably throw it out. I bought a new package of "purple rice" (I think it's the same thing, or close) a couple of weeks ago.
The trick with black/purple rice is you have to soak it in water overnight or at least 8hours for it to be palatable, else it'll taste like wild rice.

In Southeast Asian countries, it's usually used for dessert.

Madrigal
05-30-2017, 07:53 PM
Cheese, tomato and mayo sandwiches.

Limes
05-30-2017, 09:09 PM
In n out burger in the middle of nowhere, somewhere between Fresno and Bakersfield.
THIS IS BAT COUNTRY!

BarIII
05-30-2017, 09:40 PM
Wendy's Power Mediterranean chicken salad.

Madrigal
06-01-2017, 09:04 PM
Things in Chile that aren't "for real":

-Potatoes
-Milk
-Dulce de leche
-Empanadas

The empanadas are just... Wtf did I just eat? I had to spit out the last bite.

I hope they know how to make real pizza.

BarIII
06-04-2017, 12:54 AM
The trick with black/purple rice is you have to soak it in water overnight or at least 8hours for it to be palatable, else it'll taste like wild rice.

In Southeast Asian countries, it's usually used for dessert.

I've now had it three times and this last time it seems that I couldn't digest it, and I read "Aged people however may find it difficult to digest 'Black Rice'. They are recommended to consume a spoonful of Black Rice with their meal." so...maybe I'm aged. I'll be researching this more. I may give it up.

(I didn't soak it in water overnight though, so maybe I'll try that. It seemed well cooked and tasty...)

Limes
06-04-2017, 01:06 AM

-Potatoes
-Milk
-Dulce de leche
-Empanadas

Gringos went there and ruined empanadas for everyone.

Madrigal
06-04-2017, 01:21 AM
Gringos went there and ruined empanadas for everyone.

In Argentina you can order any flavor of empanada because they're all good, but don't say that in Chile.

jyng1
06-04-2017, 02:42 AM
In Argentina you can order any flavor of empanada because they're all good, but don't say that in Chile.

A bunch of us had quite a good evening in Villa O'Higgins at Tsonek (http://www.tsonek.cl/en/ecocamp/) making (and eating) horse meat empanadas. A French girl thought the whole thing was hilarious. They were pretty good.

Madrigal
06-04-2017, 03:14 AM
A bunch of us had quite a good evening in Villa O'Higgins at Tsonek (http://www.tsonek.cl/en/ecocamp/) making (and eating) horse meat empanadas. A French girl thought the whole thing was hilarious. They were pretty good.

I like Chilean food on the whole. :D They sure like to rant about Argentine arrogance though, jesus. I wonder if I should start saying I'm from Uruguay.

Speaking of arrogance, today I was at the airport in Santiago and some Burkina Faso players were going to their gate, and the waiters from the restaurant I was sitting at started shouting, "Three, three, three!" at them. Cause Chile beat them 3-0. I was like wtf, that's not very nice? :wtf:

Utisz
06-04-2017, 06:49 PM

-Potatoes
-Milk
-Dulce de leche
-Empanadas

:rolleyes:

I like Chilean food on the whole. :D They sure like to rant about Argentine arrogance though, jesus. I wonder if I should start saying I'm from Uruguay.

Speaking of arrogance, today I was at the airport in Santiago and some Burkina Faso players were going to their gate, and the waiters from the restaurant I was sitting at started shouting, "Three, three, three!" at them. Cause Chile beat them 3-0. I was like wtf, that's not very nice? :wtf:

Probably they were shouting that for an unrelated reason. Chilean people are very honourable.

Senseye
06-05-2017, 03:19 AM
Do you mean North American wild rice? Which I think is delicious but it's also expensive. You've got me thinking black rice might be a cheaper alternative (mind you I've never looked for it so I have no idea what it might cost).

What about Thai Jasmine black rice? Is that the same flavor wise as the Chinese stuff? I don't care for glutinous white rice, so I suspect I wouldn't like the sticky black stuff either. OTOH, white jasmine rice is the bomb.

Lilith
06-05-2017, 05:14 AM
I've now had it three times and this last time it seems that I couldn't digest it, and I read "Aged people however may find it difficult to digest 'Black Rice'. They are recommended to consume a spoonful of Black Rice with their meal." so...maybe I'm aged. I'll be researching this more. I may give it up.

(I didn't soak it in water overnight though, so maybe I'll try that. It seemed well cooked and tasty...)
How do you cook it? It's unhusked so takes longer to cook. If it's well-cooked but you can't digest, may be try adding a little olive oil and salt next time...

Do you mean North American wild rice? Which I think is delicious but it's also expensive. You've got me thinking black rice might be a cheaper alternative (mind you I've never looked for it so I have no idea what it might cost).

What about Thai Jasmine black rice? Is that the same flavor wise as the Chinese stuff? I don't care for glutinous white rice, so I suspect I wouldn't like the sticky black stuff either. OTOH, white jasmine rice is the bomb.
I guess. I'm only familiar with Minnesotan wild rice and not sure if other varieties exist. When eaten singly, I find the texture nutty and rough. I think my palate is just used to rice varieties that are soft. I like it in a soup though.

Yes, Jasmine rice is like my daily prayer. Sometimes 3 times a day! :lol: I eat a lot of rice, bread seldom. I haven't heard of a Thai Jasmine black rice though so I don't know if the flavor is the same. The Chinese black rice is somewhat sweet but it's not that sticky at all. Unless if you cook it with coconut milk I suppose.

BarIII
06-05-2017, 07:27 PM
How do you cook it? It's unhusked so takes longer to cook. If it's well-cooked but you can't digest, may be try adding a little olive oil and salt next time...

I added salt and oil while I sautéed it after cooking it. To cook it I just simmered it until it looked slightly puffy, then I tasted some, and the texture was right. I guess about 45 minutes. I had more last night. The next time my body rids itself of I take a dump I'll see what happens. It took 24 hours last time.

I have plenty of other brands to experiment with too.

MuseedesBeauxArts
06-05-2017, 11:47 PM
Just finished some corn on the cob. Preceded by orange-ginger yogurt and olives.

Stop looking at me like that! I always eat like I could be pregnant! :ph34r:

Madrigal
06-06-2017, 12:04 AM
I just had a "Mexican" hot dog.

No time to buy groceries yet.

last_caress
06-06-2017, 12:19 AM
Shredded wheat in soy milk.

BarIII
06-06-2017, 02:50 PM
I think I'm OK. I don't know what happened before but I'll try to avoid additional servings of high fiber food when I eat black rice.

http://rs100.pbsrc.com/albums/m26/stork3/Animationdancingturd1.gif~c200

Starjots
06-06-2017, 05:40 PM
invisible spores, bacteria and such floating on the breeze

Catoptric
06-06-2017, 05:50 PM
El Monterrey beef and bean green chili (http://www.elmonterey.com/beef-bean-green-chili-burritos-8pk/) with Cholula hot sauce (https://www.amazon.com/Cholula-Hot-Sauce-5-oz/dp/B0005YMACM)

Sistamatic
06-07-2017, 08:49 PM
I have a big flat of perfect strawberries and I had been just washing them and eating them straight, but I had some heavy whipping cream left over from when I made my heart-attack inducing blue-cheese and garlic herb mashed potatoes the other day, and I thought, "hey, I wonder if strawberries and cream is just strawberries + cream. I should try it!"

I cut up the strawberries, but then I thought maybe I should sweeten the cream. But instead of sugar, I decided to use blackstrap molasses (that's black treacle for the brits in the audience). I whipped the cream and treacle (treacle sounds more appetizing don't you think?) with a fork until it was sort of starting to get fluffy looking and poured it over the berries, then topped it off with chopped pecans. It is very good.

last_caress
06-07-2017, 11:04 PM
Half a container of cottage cheese mixed with a small can of pineapple chunks. A tasty alternative is to replace the pineapple with mandarin oranges. Seriously good.

Sistamatic
06-08-2017, 05:06 AM
Half a container of cottage cheese mixed with a small can of pineapple chunks. A tasty alternative is to replace the pineapple with mandarin oranges. Seriously good.

I am a big fan of large curd cottage cheese, but I can hardly find it any more.

epistemophiliac
06-08-2017, 07:00 PM
I am a big fan of large curd cottage cheese, but I can hardly find it any more.

Curds are everywhere in Poland and Eastern Europe in general. They literally have like an entire curds section next to the cheese section in supermarkets. The best are the curd snacks batonik twarogowe (pol.) or varškės sūrelis (lith.), which are small bars of sweet curds covered in chocolate, or the "quark balls" which are basically deep fried balls of sweet curds... I might have to buy some tomorrow and eat as much as I can before I leave. :P

Sistamatic
06-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Curds are everywhere in Poland and Eastern Europe in general. They literally have like an entire curds section next to the cheese section in supermarkets. The best are the curd snacks batonik twarogowe (pol.) or varškės sūrelis (lith.), which are small bars of sweet curds covered in chocolate, or the "quark balls" which are basically deep fried balls of sweet curds... I might have to buy some tomorrow and eat as much as I can before I leave. :P

OK, brainstorm....lemon curds with lemon zest spooned over large curd cottage cheese with toasted almond slivers sprinkled over them on a filo base.

Limes
06-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Hot roast beef on pumpernickel with white cheddar, sprouts, and cucumber dressing.

MuseedesBeauxArts
06-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Full sour pickles. :wub:

last_caress
06-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Full sour pickles. :wub:

These are really good. If you don't like spicy the regular ones are tasty too.

http://s3.media.squarespace.com/production/865996/10293260/2010/09/pickles_01.jpg

Faust
06-08-2017, 09:41 PM
MuseedesBeauxArts, I still cook that quick pasta-sauce recipe you've mentioned here years ago and occasionally try my hand at no-knead pizza. :)

MuseedesBeauxArts
06-08-2017, 10:19 PM
These are really good. If you don't like spicy the regular ones are tasty too.

http://s3.media.squarespace.com/production/865996/10293260/2010/09/pickles_01.jpg

I have several pickle bars close by, with another vendor at the Sunday market--no need to resort to jars!

MuseedesBeauxArts, I still cook that quick pasta-sauce recipe you've mentioned here years ago and occasionally try my hand at no-knead pizza. :)

Huzzah! I love that pasta sauce! How is the no-knead pizza? Do you have a good recipe?

Faust
06-08-2017, 10:55 PM
Huzzah! I love that pasta sauce! How is the no-knead pizza? Do you have a good recipe?

It's great, the dough recipe I've adapted is mainly from the same source I just eyeball it differently. You stir rather than knead, which is just as well, but using too much water makes it sticky and unmanageable (on the other hand, it seems more flavorful). So be conservative with the extra bit of water after the first cup, I've had to scrape the bottom of my pan a couple of times. I had also tried this on a cheap gifted pizza stone that promptly split in two in the oven despite the pre-heat to temper it.

Madrigal
06-08-2017, 11:53 PM
Milanesas I made.

BarIII
06-09-2017, 03:21 AM
I just made peanut butter from bulk peanuts with the skin on that I roasted myself. I had to add peanut oil because they weren't blending as well as my usual Planters peanuts. It seemed to come out OK. Between the peanut skin and the black rice I've been eating, I'm anxious to see my next poop.

Madrigal
06-10-2017, 01:36 AM
Vegetable soup with melted cheese in it.

MuseedesBeauxArts
06-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Hard-boiled eggs with black bean sauce. I don't know what's wrong with me, either.

BarIII
06-10-2017, 07:31 PM
Watermelon! I just found out that Saran Wrap has some kind of clinging agents added to it and I don't like plastic touching my food anyway so I store my watermelon in a stainless steel bowl like this.

Madrigal
06-11-2017, 03:46 AM
Stew of lentils with chorizo in tomato sauce with other ingredients.

It took almost 5 hours to cook. I should be having a fucking orgasm eating it. Holy shit, wtf. Like, I put the lentils in water for 12 hours the night before, probably more than 12, but it kept tasting so... green. Like the way green beans taste, which I hate. I really thought there was no hope, that it was just gonna taste bitter. But I kept cooking for hours until it stopped tasting like that.

It's good, but I dunno if I'll ever cook lentils again.

Limes
06-11-2017, 05:18 AM
I am fittin' (shit, I've been in North Carolina too long) -to cook a salmon filet for the second night in a row.
Since I'll be firing up the broiler in the oven, I will have the air filter on standby, to avoid smoke alarm fun.

Stew of lentils with chorizo in tomato sauce with other ingredients.

It took almost 5 hours to cook. I should be having a fucking orgasm eating it. Holy shit, wtf. Like, I put the lentils in water for 12 hours the night before, probably more than 12, but it kept tasting so... green. Like the way green beans taste, which I hate. I really thought there was no hope, that it was just gonna taste bitter. But I kept cooking for hours until it stopped tasting like that.

It's good, but I dunno if I'll ever cook lentils again.

I have an inverse relationship on cooking time to enjoyment of food. It's like Christmas when you spend hours cooking and then can't stand the smell of it anymore.

Madrigal
06-11-2017, 05:21 AM
I have an inverse relationship on cooking time to enjoyment of food. It's like Christmas when you spend hours cooking and then can't stand the smell of it anymore.

My problem is that I eat while I cook, so basically, I've been eating all evening and now I feel gross.

BarIII
06-11-2017, 05:23 AM
I am fittin' (shit, I've been in North Carolina too long) -to cook a salmon filet for the second night in a row.
Since I'll be firing up the broiler in the oven, I will have the air filter on standby, to avoid smoke alarm fun.

Bake it. No flipping and it's healthier.

Limes
06-11-2017, 05:31 AM
Bake it. No flipping and it's healthier.

The deed is already done, the form of the destructor has been chosen...I couldn't help it. It just popped in there.

last_caress
06-11-2017, 05:42 AM
Pancakes and french fries.

Madrigal
06-13-2017, 11:22 PM
Sautéed some broccoli in olive oil and garlic and then mixed it into pasta and it was really good.

Limes
06-17-2017, 01:12 AM
BBQ Pork and cheddar rice burrito.
I can't wait to go to Mexico one day so I can see how it compares down there.

last_caress
06-17-2017, 02:30 AM
Minestrone and saltine crackers. I like to dip them in the soup. I used to like Krispy but now I prefer Premium. Even better would be Carr's table water crackers but I don't have any.

BIOTCH
06-17-2017, 05:02 AM
I'M DROOLING STOP IT!
Umami have u ever tried it? Smells like a dead donkey from the bottle but heaven when u use it right!!! :banana:

MuseedesBeauxArts
06-17-2017, 07:05 PM
Doro wot! 😊

LordLatch
06-17-2017, 07:07 PM
Doro wot! ��

and you aren't tricken anyone with your graphical face

which means you're a hottie
six ways to sunday, fact

Madrigal
06-27-2017, 01:16 AM
I made pizza napolitana! It was good, although I made a different type of mistake with each, maybe three times' a charm.

/joins weight watchers

Sir Caveat
06-27-2017, 01:40 AM
A sandwich I made myself. Some patriarchy. A fresh baguette drenched in olive oil with pepperoni slices, sharp cheddar and sliced tomatoes. Washing it down with a lemon flavored beer, Summer Shandy.

Lilith
06-27-2017, 03:15 PM
I'M DROOLING STOP IT!
Umami have u ever tried it? Smells like a dead donkey from the bottle but heaven when u use it right!!! :banana:
:banana:

Totally! Umami for the ramen aficionados.

Watched this Chef's Table episode featuring Ivan Orkin...definitely captivating - his story and umami.

Madrigal
06-29-2017, 05:40 AM
Cottage pie but it disintegrates when I put it on a plate.

jyng1
06-29-2017, 06:52 AM
I have an urge for deep fried coke (http://mashable.com/2017/06/28/deep-fried-coca-cola/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link#t8Q5MyRZFiqr)...

gator
07-08-2017, 02:45 AM
Pan-fried sockeye salmon, steamed green beans and warba potatoes, broccoli and cranberry coleslaw, Four Winds Juxtapose Wild IPA.

Limes
07-08-2017, 04:57 AM
I "made" gumbo. I totally cheated by using a canned gumbo as a base. But I made chicken in the 'instant pot' programmable pressure cooker that I daubed with paprika and black and red peppers.
Then I added yellow rice (sue me if it's "supposed" to be white rice) I cut the chicken into big juicy chunks and added it and the rice and then boiled off excess liquid too until the soupy canned gumbo had become a thick, dank, extra meaty gumbo, like what bubba makes.

Grape Jelly
07-18-2017, 06:16 AM
Just ordered a Stromboli, and a red bull. How enlightened that I could order a Red bull, and not just a nasty soda.

Speaking of the future, ya'll gotta try the Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cakes by Hostess.

jigglypuff
09-22-2017, 08:27 PM
bean & cheese burrito

Madrigal
09-26-2017, 01:05 AM
Made chicken paprikash. At least, in some universe I must have made chicken paprikash, because this sure as fuck isn't it.

PureViolence
09-26-2017, 01:18 AM
Nothing.
It is 3 am, doctor said i need to take care of my health, so i reduced 20+ cigarettes to 2 or 3 per day and also no more eating past 11 pm.
I'm super hungry and sleepy at the same time.

Lilith
09-26-2017, 02:10 AM
Pumpkin cheesecake. The crust is good. I wish I baked it two minutes more.

stuck
09-26-2017, 07:40 AM
Dream years

jigglypuff
09-26-2017, 07:54 AM
trader joe's southwestern chopped salad leftovers from breakfast

i could eat this every day cuz i'm secretly a chicken

Grape Jelly
09-26-2017, 07:57 AM
Off brand Cheetos puffs I got from work.

Limes
09-26-2017, 11:49 AM
Marmite and butter on toasted french bread with a mug of earl grey.

jyng1
09-26-2017, 05:56 PM
Marmite and butter on toasted french bread with a mug of earl grey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC_r-dC4PqA

Madrigal
10-02-2017, 09:37 PM
Made meatballs and they were good. I'm going on a meatball diet.

PureViolence
10-02-2017, 09:38 PM
i just ate tuna with bread and mayo
and a random slice of salmon

avolkiteshvara
10-03-2017, 03:11 AM
kale, berrie, MCT oil, Olive oil and Kit Kat to balance it out.

Limes
10-03-2017, 03:26 AM
My own stir fry from scree-atch

kale, berrie, MCT oil, Olive oil and Kit Kat to balance it out.

Show us on the map of Berkeley where they touched you.

avolkiteshvara
10-03-2017, 10:03 PM
My own stir fry from scree-atch

Show us on the map of Berkeley where they touched you.

The part with a lot of bushes.

BarIII
10-04-2017, 05:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/TRFr0hV.jpg

Sir Caveat
10-07-2017, 05:49 PM
I understand Salmon is good for healthy cholesterol levels. So I'm testing different brands of ready to eat salmon. 1st up Chicken of the Sea Pink Salmon Lemon Pepper. I like it. Wouldn't have minded more pepper. The lemon and salmon tastes are much more predominant.

Shana Jay had a different take. She says no way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeAgr83mTDA

PureViolence
10-07-2017, 06:06 PM
https://www.goya.com/media/3540/arepa-with-chicken-and-avocado-arepa-reina-pepiada.jpg?quality=80

arepa filled with chiken, avocado and onion, most beautiful thing in the world

interprétation erronée
10-07-2017, 06:16 PM
PureViolence gotta recipe?

PureViolence
10-07-2017, 09:12 PM
PureViolence gotta recipe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTx-M9w75i8

the ideal thing would be to cook them in a thing like this, we call it budare:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YkKJ06YJX0g/WM3nieKfiSI/AAAAAAAAGhs/RwOUN9ox0Mo5pCIV8imTUWICJ4TMVgKQACLcB/s1600/Budare.jpg

then for the filling, well just cook some chiken cut it, cut some avocado and onion and put some pepper, olive oil and salt, sometimes i add a bit of mayo to make it more doughy
but there are too many types of filling, banana and cheese is also really nice

Limes
10-07-2017, 10:07 PM
I understand Salmon is good for healthy cholesterol levels. So I'm testing different brands of ready to eat salmon. 1st up Chicken of the Sea Pink Salmon Lemon Pepper. I like it. Wouldn't have minded more pepper. The lemon and salmon tastes are much more predominant.

Shana Jay had a different take. She says no way.

She trippin, it still tastes better than her coochie.

I have all of the CoTS flavors in my fridge and the lemon pepper one is pretty good. The best one is the smoked filet one, but not all supermarkets carry it. Wood smoked and wild caught.

LordLatch
10-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Same ole thing: I'm eating to souls of my enemies and bathing in their blood. - BORING!

Sir Caveat
10-07-2017, 11:07 PM
She trippin, it still tastes better than her coochie.

I have all of the CoTS flavors in my fridge and the lemon pepper one is pretty good. The best one is the smoked filet one, but not all supermarkets carry it. Wood smoked and wild caught.

Her reaction didn't make sense. She did say she does tuna. The CoTS Pink Salmon tastes more like tuna than the broiled salmon I'm accustomed to. The tuna like taste is probably due to the mild tasting species of salmon and the similar processing as the canned albacore I'm accustomed to.

I just tried the CoTS Pink Salmon with out any flavor version. I compared it to a canned "Wild Planet" brand Alaska Pink Salmon. Very similar taste. Though the canned had a softer texture and was moister from sitting in liquid and not being compressed. The the CoTS pouch packaging wins out on convenience. I'll look for the smoked filet one.

Grape Jelly
10-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Subway spicy Italian.

Monster hydro mean green.

Other miscellaneous gas station junk

interprétation erronée
10-08-2017, 03:09 AM
Tonight I purchased grocery store deli fried chicken, Tostitos cheese dip, a bag of Santitas tortilla chips, and 2 bottles of Arizona fruit punch. Completely and utterly disgusting! Everything tasted salty, even the drink had salt in it. Makes me livid because I spent $10. I've noticed a trend lately that most of the restaurants in my area can't cook and most of the garbage at the grocery store tastes nasty. A lot of it has to do with everything currently having gobs of sodium in it which cannot make up for what to me is an epidemic of flavor deficiency. I was raised, Adventist, so eating extremely healthy and basically eating like people did in the colonial days, so I guess I'm used to minimal seasoning. As such, I'm in good shape (internally and externally), have no cavities, all because of a good diet. Can't even get a tasty snack these days, pssht.

I have a fat Mexican roommate. One day we sit down for a meal and he squeezes out a mound of ketchup, then dumps salt and pepper into it and says to me, "...been doing that since I was a kid.", I guess so fatass haha; he's pre-diabetic with very high blood pressure. I also have a black friend who eats inordinate amounts of sodium; also, pre-diabetic and very high blood pressure.

I'm better than they are. I'm better than you too if you're dependent on salt, and for that matter, condiments and tons of grease and just food needing to have this unhealthy restricted taste profile of heavy seasoning. F*** that salty and greasy poor people diet. I'm the one with a refined aristocratic pallet.

interprétation erronée
10-08-2017, 03:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTx-M9w75i8

the ideal thing would be to cook them in a thing like this, we call it budare:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YkKJ06YJX0g/WM3nieKfiSI/AAAAAAAAGhs/RwOUN9ox0Mo5pCIV8imTUWICJ4TMVgKQACLcB/s1600/Budare.jpg

then for the filling, well just cook some chiken cut it, cut some avocado and onion and put some pepper, olive oil and salt, sometimes i add a bit of mayo to make it more doughy
but there are too many types of filling, banana and cheese is also really nice

Nice. I very much appreciate your reply and plan to put these recipes to good use. :D

Sir Caveat
10-11-2017, 03:12 AM
Bumble Bee skinless sardines in olive oil. Tastes like tuna. Must be the canned seafood version of "tastes like chicken."

The idea of eating fish skin is unappetizing to me. But sardines with skin will be next, since it's supposed to be healthy.

jigglypuff
10-11-2017, 04:01 AM
my mom’s lotus root soup with peanuts. it’s one of the most amazing things i’ve ever tasted. i miss her home cooking so much. today is a good day

jigglypuff
10-12-2017, 02:24 AM
my choice was between "cooking" boxed mac & cheese at home, or having grilled cheese at the cafe.

i chose the grilled cheese cuz i'm in the middle of a study session and fuck moving my ass from this bench.

melancholy.

Grape Jelly
12-04-2017, 10:53 AM
Hot and spicy Cheezits.

MuseedesBeauxArts
12-04-2017, 07:00 PM
I just had tofu cream cheese for the first time out of curiosity. Or I think I did--it tasted suspiciously identical to real cream cheese. Toasted everything bagel, scallion tofu cream cheese. NOM!

BarIII
01-07-2018, 10:17 PM
Just had pizza �� then a corn �� muffin from Dunkin's, now I'm waiting for my Burger �� King �� coffee �� to cool ��.

MoneyJungle
02-26-2018, 06:16 AM
Orange slices. The generic candy version. I've been thinking about them for days. Not all that satisfying but glad to have the monkey off of my back!

BarIII
02-26-2018, 06:34 AM
Fruit slices were one of my favorite candies but I always bought the variety pack, not one flavor. I don't see them around much, but I see candy corn on Halloween and that was a favorite too.

MoneyJungle
02-26-2018, 06:55 AM
Huh. Never seen fruit slices. All orange. Maybe it's a coastal thing.

Limes
02-26-2018, 07:58 AM
I am eating smoked oysters from a can with a cup of Yorkshire tea. Staying classy.

Huh. Never seen fruit slices. All orange. Maybe it's a coastal thing.

I read recently that sliced fruit from a supermarket is one of the leading causes of food borne illness (top three, I believe.) I used to buy apple slices and sometimes pineapple that was on its last day of sell by, so that was probably a doubly bad idea.

MoneyJungle
02-26-2018, 08:22 AM
I am eating smoked oysters from a can with a cup of Yorkshire tea. Staying classy.

I read recently that sliced fruit from a supermarket is one of the leading causes of food borne illness (top three, I believe.) I used to buy apple slices and sometimes pineapple that was on its last day of sell by, so that was probably a doubly bad idea.

One of my first jobs was slicing fruit in a grocery store. They didn't care about cross contamination but it was during the Clinton presidency. Pineapples go south pretty quickly after slicing them. It's probably feeler-animism but seeing them in plastic clamshells devastates me to this day. I just bite into apples like a rube.

BarIII
02-26-2018, 04:50 PM
The last two times I bought "fresh" string beans in a bag the ends turned brown before I got a chance to cook them. The last time I only waited a day or two before I was going to use them. I never had loose string beans turn that way.

But we're talking about candy fruit slices. These are the only fruit slices colors I knew as a child. They have blue and different combinations now.

http://www.tabletmag.com/wp-content/files_mf/passover_fruit_slices_620px.jpg

djm
02-27-2018, 04:20 PM
Just eaten some Korean food in a restaurant in Quingdao.

Have not eaten Korean food before, but there are over 100k Koreans in Quingdao, so not a bad place to try it. Very eclectic collection of cold starters including Kimchi, and some eel, squid and beef dishes that were pretty tasty.

BarIII
03-21-2018, 03:59 AM
Had a lot of mint chocolate chip ice cream and a little swiss cheese on my Subway sandwich earlier. I'm putting 23andme's lactose intolerant diagnosis to the test. I think I always was a little more gassy than average but not too bad and it hasn't gotten worse. If I'm OK tomorrow that will be pretty good.

jigglypuff
04-04-2018, 11:06 PM
for 4pm lunch, i'm eating instant apples & cinnamon oatmeal with trail mix and a pinch of matcha thrown in... i tried to have something somewhat healthy. :/

first meal of the day.

Madrigal
06-25-2018, 09:31 PM
I just had a heaping tablespoon of dulce de leche from the jar.

PureViolence
06-26-2018, 12:07 AM
Black tea with lemon and honey. My gills are destroyed.
Fuck polen and all that crap. Like bad bunny would say temperature is there to warm you.

Sinny
06-26-2018, 12:18 AM
Melon.

Madrigal
07-12-2018, 03:44 AM
Spaghetti with butter and black pepper because I don't have any tomato sauce or ingredients in general or actual food. Not bad.

BarIII
07-12-2018, 03:56 AM
Second day in a row I had Cheerios after pineapple. The pineapple makes you not taste the slight sweetness, or something, of Cheerios. The milk and the pineapple were good.

Grape Jelly
07-21-2018, 05:27 AM
Spicy italian with sweet onion sauce.