PDA

View Full Version : MBTI stereotypes

BIOTCH
04-24-2016, 06:38 AM
An INTJ lists themselves as INTX because they are "P" like.

This propogates MBTI stereotypes. INTJ is merely a label of the cognitive function stack Ni-Te-Fi-Se, which needs to be studied carefully to determine type accurately. Cognitive functions should be observed how they look like as a dominant, secondary, tertiary, and inferior function in all types, and under stress. There are incredibly intelligent F's and S's who need recognition, who would be typed as "T's"

interprétation erronée
05-22-2016, 07:49 AM
seems like completely useless Ne opinion-dribble to me.

DaDaMan
05-22-2016, 04:38 PM
seems like completely useless Ne opinion-dribble to me.

Tell me young padawan, what is the difference between Ne and Ni in your opinion?

interprétation erronée
05-22-2016, 05:30 PM
Tell me young padawan, what is the difference between Ne and Ni in your opinion?

I dunno I'm just a monkey.:banana:

jojo38
09-22-2016, 07:24 PM
An INTJ lists themselves as INTX because they are "P" like.

This propogates MBTI stereotypes. INTJ is merely a label of the cognitive function stack Ni-Te-Fi-Se, which needs to be studied carefully to determine type accurately. Cognitive functions should be observed how they look like as a dominant, secondary, tertiary, and inferior function in all types, and under stress. There are incredibly intelligent F's and S's who need recognition, who would be typed as "T's"

I respectfully disagree. Who says cognitive functions have to be in a certain order for certain types? If types are not at least somewhat descriptive, then why use them? By definition, types have "stereotypes" because that is what types are. Even if typing is strictly defined as cognitive style, not everyone is going to have cognitive function stacks as predicted by MBTI. I see this in myself as well as others. Also everyone uses all 8 functions to a certain degree. I'm not sure that the I / E designation is all that accurate, but I am still researching and thinking about that.
Personally, I am somewhere between INTP and INFP, but do not fit well with either description.
Instead of Ti-Ne-Si-Fe, I am Ni dominant, and Fi and Ti are very close to equal. But I am not an INTJ or INFJ either.
Still learning and open to being proven wrong. But it will have to be through something more insightful than anything I have read so far. And I read a lot...