PDA

View Full Version : Obfuscate am I

Obfuscate
07-24-2016, 03:25 PM
'ello... i spent some time lurking about in "rants, raves & hot air", and thought i may fit in here...

Short Description

controlled, observant, fickle,
stubborn, pessimistic, earnest,
reserved, friendly, esthetic,
and perhaps ambivalent

i write poetry (of questionable quality) http://wordcore.deviantart.com... my username for that site is sarcastic, as is a fair amount of what i write there... i may also be found at www.kingdomofloathing.com .... my name there is my name here... i am here because i have been behaving like a hermit long enough that it has become a burden... i am here because i think the odds of finding someone(s) like myself here may be high... i like to type out actions, like this *points*... anyhow, i never know what to do with profiles or introductions; i hope this will suffice... my post here was delayed because i wished to set up a signature... it is apparent that i am not allowed one... that frustrates me... i will leave you a quote now...

"The presentations and conceptions of the average man of the world are formed and dominated, not by the full and pure desire for knowledge as an end in itself, but by the struggle to adapt himself favourably to the conditions of life."
-ernst mach

interprétation erronée
07-24-2016, 03:52 PM
First

Ptah
07-24-2016, 04:29 PM
Glad you decided to participate! Welcome aboard,:cheers:

Obfuscate
07-24-2016, 04:38 PM
Glad you decided to participate! Welcome aboard,:cheers:

heh, i struggled with it for awhile, but i think i am also... thanks...

GnarlFox
07-25-2016, 04:48 AM
I haven't played in ages but Kingdom of Loathing is a lovely game.

I hope you come to terms with your hermiting. I haven't completely, but I think the trick is finding something you want, and convincing yourself it's worth it and attainable. I've always had a problem with believing in the latter's realism. Socialization may help with that but it's also a weak point. I've got to find a way to rearrange this brain of mine. Anyway, look at that guy talking about himself. *points*

:)

Starjots
07-25-2016, 04:53 PM
"The presentations and conceptions of the average man of the world are formed and dominated, not by the full and pure desire for knowledge as an end in itself, but by the struggle to adapt himself favourably to the conditions of life."
-ernst mach

Welcome and good quote. I'd argue it's not just the 'average man' who operates thus, but all people. Because we are alive we must act or die and even then we must choose. Full and pure knowledge is always a means to an end for humans and to think otherwise is a delusion.

gator
07-25-2016, 11:10 PM
I'm pretty sure I was a moxious madrigal at some point in time. I can't remember my username though.

Obfuscate
07-25-2016, 11:49 PM
I haven't played in ages but Kingdom of Loathing is a lovely game.

I hope you come to terms with your hermiting. I haven't completely, but I think the trick is finding something you want, and convincing yourself it's worth it and attainable. I've always had a problem with believing in the latter's realism. Socialization may help with that but it's also a weak point. I've got to find a way to rearrange this brain of mine. Anyway, look at that guy talking about himself. *points*

:)

i simply love kingdom of loathing... my character is very spoiled (it would be embarrassing to admit how much money i have given them if my "love" wasn't so strong)... feel free to hit me up in game if you start to play again... i like to give away fun new toys...

your advice is good... i am mostly okay with it... i tend to be a bit more social than many intp's, though i approach this through analysis... that said the temptation to shut down these activities is always close on my heels (or clinging to them)... there are times (like now) that i need an alternative to the social interactions i am currently rejecting... thanks for saying hi (and the tip)...

Welcome and good quote. I'd argue it's not just the 'average man' who operates thus, but all people. Because we are alive we must act or die and even then we must choose. Full and pure knowledge is always a means to an end for humans and to think otherwise is a delusion.

you are likely right, but absolutes are hard for me to pin my faith on... i like to speak in terms of absolutes at times to "listen" to the way it resonates... sometimes by doing this i am able to find alternative viewpoints to explore... thanks for welcoming me and sharing your thoughts...

I'm pretty sure I was a moxious madrigal at some point in time. I can't remember my username though.

you are thinking of a class skill (or being humorous?) ... despite that your memory of the phrase is spot on... you must have been an accordion thief... if you play again feel free to contact me in game... i will have some gifts to help you get back into the swing of things... thanks for swinging by...

interprétation erronée
08-02-2016, 02:52 AM
When's the last time you went to church?

Obfuscate
08-02-2016, 03:02 AM
When's the last time you went to church?

i like this much better than "poop"...

it's been a maybe a month since i have been in a church... much longer (maybe 12 years) since i have gone to church weekly... i do have a moral code, that it hurts me somehow to break (so i do so rarely)... i believe in God but i am not much of a christian... i don't care for organized religion much...

do you attend church? what motivated you to ask me that?

interprétation erronée
08-02-2016, 03:07 AM
i like this much better than "poop"...

it's been a maybe a month since i have been in a church... much longer (maybe 12 years) since i have gone to church weekly... i do have a moral code, that it hurts me somehow to break (so i do so rarely)... i believe in God but i am not much of a christian... i don't care for organized religion much...

do you attend church? what motivated you to ask me that?

This.

she is a seventh day adventist... http://www.whiteestate.org/vez/jul08/did%20you%20know.htm

How was it growing up Seventh-Day Adventist, Obfuscate?

Obfuscate
08-02-2016, 03:26 AM
How was it growing up Seventh-Day Adventist, Obfuscate?

well, it was okay... things i like about seventh day adventism: every view is given with a verse, opposing interpretations are examined, their private schools are better than public schools, their view points on health are (over all) sensible, they are well versed in biblical law... things i didn't like: there is a leaning to be judgemental in many churches, the song service (christian music is generally bad), public prayer (tends to feel disingenuous)...

at home it meant that from friday at sunset until saturday at sunset the range of activities available to me became restricted... i Hate restrictions... this is due to the fourth commandment (if you are catholic, look this commandment up from an independent source)... my mother is a Very good christian: genuine, kind, etc... most of my parent's friends were hippies... my dad believed in god, but not in worshiping him... he never went to church... i am not sure if you are looking for something specific, but there are some general things...