PDA

View Full Version : Friend request limit for INTP

BarIII
08-19-2016, 02:48 AM
I invented this system. Some forum members may not like the meaning I've assigned to their number of friend requests and may choose to not participate in this poll. I'm assuming more people fit the "not INTP" descriptions than the poll indicates. While the number of friend requests for each category may seem arbitrary, I give you my word as a gentleman that I don't care.

Lurker
08-19-2016, 03:11 AM
HI! :wub:

jigglypuff
08-19-2016, 03:28 AM
i'm guessing like 3 - 5 but i'm introverted. for other reasons i've doubted whether i "belong" here.

Stigmata
08-19-2016, 03:40 AM
What if in a perfect world I've wanted to send out way more friend requests than I've actually sent out out because I'm too afraid of the rejection?

Grape Jelly
08-19-2016, 03:48 AM
We're here. We're queer. Get used to it. (Queer in the odd sense.)

BarIII
08-19-2016, 03:54 AM
What if in a perfect world I've wanted to send out way more friend requests than I've actually sent out out because I'm too afraid of the rejection?

I'd count each of those theoretical friend requests as .5 requests in a more official setting, but that's not necessary for this poll. I'm showing my spirit of openness with this poll.

BarIII
08-19-2016, 04:01 AM
HI! :wub:

I may be an INTP snob and a stickler for accurate typing but, alone and within the privacy of my own home, I'm still a man. :|

Lurker
08-19-2016, 04:04 AM
I may be an INTP snob and a stickler for accurate typing but, alone and within the privacy of my own home, I'm still a man. :|

Real men still need love.

Hephaestus
08-19-2016, 04:06 AM
I'm introverted, but I have plenty of friends here. I think I've sent one or two requests.

I'm much more comfortable socializing here, and I enjoy rubbing minds with most of the people here, most of the time. But social interaction here doesn't process the same way as meatspace interaction. Reading is fundamentally different. I like it because it's like reading books or articles, but you get to interact with the authors.

kari
08-19-2016, 05:41 AM

INTP

MoneyJungle
08-19-2016, 07:09 AM
I think of more people as my friends than I've made official. I find people get uncomfortable when I declare my affection. In terms of introversion, I make Emily Dickinson look like fuckin' PT Barnum bro just try and ban me!

pensive_pilgrim
08-19-2016, 08:59 AM
What's the real-life equivalent of a friend request?

BarIII
08-19-2016, 01:46 PM

Being friendly.

kari
08-19-2016, 02:16 PM

prolonged eye-look

jigglypuff
08-19-2016, 03:06 PM

asking for contact info like email, facebook or other social media and/or phone number?

stigmatica
08-19-2016, 04:37 PM
Protest - There is no option for "I have no idea. Some?"

Plenty of members probably should have been given one but haven't.
None have gotten one that shouldn't have.
None have given one that I regret. (maybe one is a grey area) (edit: No, not you silly... or you... or you)

Sending friend requests is awkward for me. One day, I might get drunk and friend request half the forum though. :unsure:

BarIII
08-19-2016, 04:45 PM
One day, I might get drunk and friend request half the forum though. :unsure:

Yeah, I'm capable of announcing in the forum that I'm sending friend requests to everyone, then doing it. I don't even need to be drunk for that. Then people wouldn't feel bad for rejecting them. That's the main thing I don't want, is to burden people with the decision. And I don't really know how it works technically. Like, will I get tons of alerts for stuff people do that I don't care about?

stigmatica
08-19-2016, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I'm capable of announcing in the forum that I'm sending friend requests to everyone, then doing it. I don't even need to be drunk for that. Then people wouldn't feel bad for rejecting them. That's the main thing I don't want, is to burden people with the decision. And I don't really know how it works technically. Like, will I get tons of alerts for stuff people do that I don't care about?

No alerts. They just get put on your list, you on theirs.. and you can see their posts on your profile if you choose to look.

Hephaestus
08-19-2016, 05:36 PM
No alerts. They just get put on your list, you on theirs.. and you can see their posts on your profile if you choose to look.

I did not connect those dots. The more you know...

...the harder it is to make decisions.

stigmatica
08-19-2016, 05:46 PM

...the harder it is to make decisions.
Made me look. I realized you are not in my friends list, which is just ridiculous. I may go on a friend bing. I'm apparently highly suggestible today.

stigmatica
08-19-2016, 05:51 PM
Yep.. going to bing now. If you don't get a request, it's totally because you are a terrible person and has absolutely nothing to do with me being lazy, your name not being easily clickable, you having not posted recently, etc...

Hephaestus
08-19-2016, 06:05 PM

Funny thing is, I don't think any socializing site relays that rejection. But that's an interesting idea. What if a social site sent an automated rejection if a friend request was refused?

"I'm sorry, I just don't think of you that way. We can still be acquaintances."

"HahahahahaHAHAhaHAHaha! Right. As if. Good one."

"The thought makes my skin crawl. If you'll excuse me, I need to go get my skin before some scavenger eats it."

"You should offer me money. Not that I'll be your friend after, but if you offered money, I'd accept it. Probably."

"I prefer to watch your trainwreck from a distance."

"I was going to click yes, but then I remembered who you are."

"If this were Mortal Kombat, I wouldn't even bother with a Fatality for you."

Hmm... sometimes I think my claws might be a little too sharp.

"Hi! Wanna hang out?"

OrionzRevenge
08-19-2016, 08:36 PM

LOL
When we made the Exodus from c, Maddy Friended everyone on GP.

I recall PMing her to say that there was something really screwy about the software because everything she did kept showing up on my Profile Page, --> and I didn't want her or else to visit my page and think I was Stalking her.
:rofl:
She politely informed me: Yeah you Social Dumbass, that's what happens when you have friends.
Gawd! Life can be such an ordeal at times.

Faust
08-19-2016, 09:06 PM

You say "bro, may I bro down with you? I need affirmative consent" and substitute with lady-bro for the fairer sex.

Stigmata
08-19-2016, 09:09 PM

This.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--oxLACJBNeQ/UXpY_bpit6I/AAAAAAAALXQ/YUU8EZc_T6Y/w1200-h630-p-nu/eyebrows.gif

Light Leak
08-20-2016, 12:33 AM
Am I supposed to remember who I sent requests to and who sent requests to me? I'm not a big request sender but I've sent some. I know I sent several when we changed forums because I didn't want to lose any friends I had before...

And there's some of you out there that I've thought about sending requests to, but then I don't. :ph34r: