PDA

View Full Version : New game?

Blorg
12-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Sign up here if you're interested. I have time that I need to procrastinate away.

Sappho
12-12-2016, 10:45 AM
I'll have zero to do in the week between Christmas and New Year's, and probably up until a week afterwards. So I'm in.

Light Leak
12-12-2016, 01:29 PM
Depends on when it is. I'll interested in playing, but will be busy the 23rd - 28th so I won't be able to participate much then if at all.

Animals
12-12-2016, 02:43 PM
I'm in but i prefer it to be in the week after new year, i'll be too busy drinking during the holidays.

gator
12-13-2016, 01:31 AM
Sure?

Robcore
12-13-2016, 01:48 AM
I'm in!

Limes
12-13-2016, 06:23 AM
I don't think I've ever participated, what kind of game will it be?

Blorg
12-13-2016, 10:56 AM
ok, I'm going to have to think about what timeframe would work for most people.

How about more people who haven't played before? Obfuscate ? Guess Who ?

summary (http://www.princeton.edu/~sucharit/~mafia/introduction.htm)

There are 2 teams: mafia and townies. Mafiosos want to kill townies; townies want to kill mafiosos. You'll be told whether you're a townie or mafia in a pm at the start of the game. If you're a townie, you won't know which of the other players are townies and which ones are mafia. If you're mafia, you'll be told (via pm) who the other mafiosos and townies are.

The game is divided into "days" (48 hours each) and "nights" (12 hours each, or until all night actions are received).

Every day, one player can die. During this time, every player - mafia and townie - has the option of discussing suspects/brewing paranoia in the game thread and then bolding the name of his/her prime target, the person they most want to kill. At the end of the day, the person whose name has been bolded by the most players dies (they drift away to the graveyard thread and can't comment on the game anymore). Then, I will publicly reveal the real identity of that person. If they turn out to be a mafioso, yay for the townies. If you're a townie, you'll be shooting in the dark for the first couple of rounds, because there won't be many clues about who the mafiosos are, but slip-ups and insights will accumulate in the thread over time.

Every night, the townies have to go completely silent and cover their eyes, and the mafia gets to kill a townie. They discuss and vote in pm's (and then send the mod (me) the name of the agreed-upon townie). This has to happen by the end of the night. In the next day phase, I will reveal the name of the murdered townie, and discussion in the game thread can resume, with this new evidence in hand.

There are also special roles, which complicate the game. If you have a special role, you'll be told so in the first pm.

The game ends when the townies manage to kill all the mafia, or when the mafia outnumbers the townies.

The games often have themes, too, so feel free to think up themes if you want. Or we can play it without one.

Sappho
12-13-2016, 10:57 AM

The players are separated into two camps, 1) mafia and 2) townfolks. Both try to eliminate each other. Players must try to find out who's who by fingerpointing, trolling and insulting people.

Obfuscate
12-13-2016, 11:07 AM
i have played a fair amount of town of salem (https://www.blankmediagames.com/), so i think i have the basic premise down...

you mentioned themes... what does that entail?

anyhow, you can count me in...

Guess Who
12-13-2016, 11:16 AM
How about more people who haven't played before? Obfuscate ? Guess Who ?

Thanks for the invitation, but I am out this time around. I'll observe but won't post in the game.

Sinny
09-27-2017, 01:57 AM
I wanna game... Need a host.