PDA

View Full Version : J vs P case in point

TeresaJ
08-10-2017, 06:57 PM
My Jish tendencies can only get me so far before the Perceiving function takes over. Or not. I dunno. Seemed like a good way of looking at it.

So this research project i'm working on... I'm motivated enough to get it started, work on it. With the help of my faculty adviser I even narrowed it down to something reasonable.

I put my presentation together. I even included all the damn citations.

Now I just have to write the final part, the actual script for the actual survey that will (hopefully) be read by actual doctors to actual patients.

And here is where it feels like I can't possibly nail it down to a single script with a single if/then algorithm.

If I were running my own clinic I could have all the focus groups and surveys I wanted. But I'm not. I'm just an undergrad student pitching this idea to a group of over-worked, over-stressed, half-manic residents. Or at least their faculty.

The whole thing needs to be as simple as possible. That's the whole point. It doesn't need to be the best way. The best way most likely involves... multiple focus groups and surveys of patients and a gradual roll-out and, you know, hiring an additional staff person. With the clinic I have in mind, that's cloud cuckoo land.

It needs to be simple and easy so it stands a chance of actually getting done.

Stop researching the best ways.

Stop casting a wide net.

Just nail it down.

Get it done.

Finalize it and send it on.

TeresaJ
08-10-2017, 07:15 PM
Digging around, I finally found some pre-existing scripts I can base mine off of.

Fewer decisions to make, hallelujah!