PDA

View Full Version : Composition of Your Diet(s)

notdavidlynch
01-20-2014, 07:22 AM
I've tried a wide variety of strange/extreme diets. It's fun to mess around with and think about, but perhaps it can verge on orthorexia. Perhaps it's a California thing?

Anyways... I'll save you my own personal history to share where I'm at now:

#1 Beef - most studies condemning beef were carried out within the context of a standard american diet. In other words, the rest of someone's diet, particularly carbohydrates, has an effect on how saturated fat and cholesterol are metabolized. As of right now, I'm convinced that beef is a good thing, outside of it's deleterious environmental impact. Speaking of that, I think we're past the point of no return, and I think I'd like to see a great environmental/economic collapse within my lifetime. So, if me eating beef increases the likelihood of an apocalypse, then I'm all for it.

Lately, I've been aiming for at least 1 pound a day. I've found that it's one of the most convenient, cost efficient, and tasty ways to help get the 180-200 grams of protein that I shoot for everyday.

#2 Brassica oleracea - Curly kale and cabbage mostly. I've lost my taste for broccoli. Kale and cabbage always feels right, especially if together.

#3 Fruits - Tangerines like a motherfucker. The ones I get for free from Farmer's Market donations are bomb-diggety. They're like candy. I've also been eating a lot of seasonal pears lately. Bananas are also a staple.

#4 Other Foods/Supplements - Eggs, Hemp Powder, Green Peppers, Ground Turkey, Fish Oil

#5 Fluids - Water, Black Tea, Green Tea

#6 Things I avoid - Dairy, Breads, Juices, Granola, Pastries

last_caress
01-20-2014, 07:40 AM
terrible, I really need to do something about it but I hate cooking. coffee, pizza, pancakes, thai food, grilled cheese, french fries.

pensive_pilgrim
01-20-2014, 07:44 AM
I've been eating a lot of ham and chicken breasts and cottage cheese for protein. I get sirloin when it's on sale but it makes me sleepy. I get the bags of precut, prewashed dark greens like spinach and kale and my favorite are mustard greens. I like sweet potatoes and butternut squash and I probably eat an apple nearly every day. Canned beans, brown rice, oats with frozen blueberries and I try to limit the breads and pastas but I like them, they're yummy. Let's see... lots of eggs, pretty much whenever I have leftovers I cook them with eggs. Probably the only thing I eat every single day is peanut butter. I used to get whole milk to mix with whey for after workouts but it gave me gas so I just use water now. If I start losing weight again I'll figure something out but I seem to have been stable at 165 for a while now and that seems like good enough.

I like coffee but lately I've been trying to sleep better and even though I've read that it's supposed to pass through your system in six hours, if I have some in the afternoon I still feel like it's affecting me when I lay down at 10pm. Lately I've even been feeling like maybe I could live without that cup in the morning when I wake up. But I dunno, I have to have some kind of a vice. Oh and a multivitamin and fish oil every morning.

The only thing I really really avoid is refined sugar.

Deckard
01-20-2014, 07:51 AM
II like coffee but lately I've been trying to sleep better and even though I've read that it's supposed to pass through your system in six hours, if I have some in the afternoon I still feel like it's affecting me when I lay down at 10pm. Lately I've even been feeling like maybe I could live without that cup in the morning when I wake up. But I dunno, I have to have some kind of a vice. Oh and a multivitamin and fish oil every morning.

Caffeine has a pretty variable metabolic half-life. Some studies say 5-6 hours, but keep in mind that means you still have 50% of the caffeine kicking around in your bloodstream after that time.

The biological half-life of caffeine – the time required for the body to eliminate one-half of the total amount of caffeine – varies widely among individuals according to such factors as age, liver function, pregnancy, some concurrent medications, and the level of enzymes in the liver needed for caffeine metabolism. It can also be significantly altered by drugs or hormonal states. In healthy adults, caffeine's half-life has been measured with a range of results. Some measures get 4.9 hours,[147] and others are at around 6 hours.[148] Heavy cigarette smokers show a decrease in half-life of 30–50%,[38] oral contraceptives can double it,[38] and pregnancy can raise it even more, to as much as 15 hours during the last trimester.[38] In newborn infants the half-life can be 80 hours or more; however it drops very rapidly with age, possibly to less than the adult value by the age of 6 months.[38] The antidepressant fluvoxamine (Luvox) reduces the clearance of caffeine by more than 90%, and prolongs its elimination half-life more than tenfold; from 4.9 hours to 56 hours.[147]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine#Metabolism

jyng1
01-20-2014, 08:07 AM
I'm going to make another crepe and stick a crap load of peanut butter in it... The shit I eat at 9.00 pm.

MuseedesBeauxArts
01-20-2014, 08:17 AM
I'm going to make another crepe and stick a crap load of peanut butter in it... The shit I eat at 9.00 pm.

Could you send me some, please? :wave:

kari
01-20-2014, 12:40 PM
I eat a lot of:

pizza risotto chips wedges apples pomegranates sushi salmon eggs noodles slurpees roast vegetables and the other day i got a hotdog from ikea.

Light Leak
01-20-2014, 01:21 PM
Meat - mostly beef, chicken, and pork (sometimes fish, but not very often)

Veggies - all kinds (except fennel which is just nasty). I like to change them up because I get bored of having the same ones over and over.

Sweet potatoes - I don't eat white potatoes very often.

Nuts - good snack

Dairy - I love cheese. I don't eat it everyday, but I eat it about 2-3 times a week. I'll also have dairy in dishes with cream based sauces. That's about it for the dairy.

Fruit - Fruit smoothie every weekday morning for breakfast. I also pack fruit in my lunch. It changes with the seasons. Right now I'm eating clementines.

Beans/Legumes - I don't make a point to eat these, but they end up in a dish probably at least once a week.

Rice - about twice a week because I like carbs

Chocolate -a piece after dinner... because it's good

Drinks - water, coffee, tea

I try to avoid most refined sugar and wheat, but sometimes I eat these things anyway because they are delicious and I love food. Plus sometimes I'm just craving pizza or a certain desert.

99Problems
01-20-2014, 02:28 PM
1) Beef, first choice for basic food. You ever seen bodybuilders and powerlifters? They eat the shit out of beef. Red meat is good for you. Fried and barbecued.

2) Chicken, my alternate for basic food. Chicken is good and good for you. Simple recipes and basic barbecued.

3) Very little fruit as I just don't care much for it. And I feel like there are toxins all over the store stuff.

4) Some fresh vegetables mainly in these "fun salads" my wife makes in a bizarre amount of ways.

5) Protein bars

6) Turkey's we cook up a few times a year, cheap eating.

7) Lasagna, Pizza, casseroles. Maybe once a week or every two weeks.

8) Fluids, cold water, 2% milk, occasional soft drink.

9) Things I mainly avoid, sweets such as cookies, pies & cakes. Canned food, breakfast cereals, most processed food.

mthomps
01-20-2014, 02:45 PM
"Eat food. Not too much...Mostly plants"

Personally I've been eating a lot of food "product" that may have been in the same room as a plant at some point.

skip
01-20-2014, 05:05 PM
I've been a vegetarian since before most of you were born. I try to avoid starches as they put weight on me.

stuck
01-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Lately:

Eggs, salmon, tuna, frozen peas and corn, turkey or mahi mahi patties, chicken breast, chicken sausage, maybe some cheese. Tomatoes, green veggies, mostly cabbage and green onions. Greek yoghurt, oranges, bananas. Carrots. Cans of refried beans. Maybe a burger after my big lifts.

When I need to carb up, it's some fiber bread, Ezekiel bread, or weetabix with almond milk.

Coffee in the mornings. Fish oil pills.

I'll eat out once or twice a week.

jigglypuff
01-20-2014, 05:47 PM
i eat everything but rarely red meat and i limit my intake of meat in general. i'm thinking about going pescetarian but currently it's hard since i'm typically exposed to a lot of non-fish/seafood meat dishes (plus i actually really like meat). i've been eating more protein in the form of eggs and tofu lately, and less rice. i wanna go back to eating more veggies and fruit every day. i haven't been taking fish oil but i should go back to doing that, too. i drink a variety of teas regularly.

99Problems
01-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Lately:

Eggs, salmon, tuna, frozen peas and corn, turkey or mahi mahi patties, chicken breast, chicken sausage, maybe some cheese. Tomatoes, green veggies, mostly cabbage and green onions. Greek yoghurt, oranges, bananas. Carrots. Cans of refried beans. Maybe a burger after my big lifts.

When I need to carb up, it's some fiber bread, Ezekiel bread, or weetabix with almond milk.

Coffee in the mornings. Fish oil pills.

I'll eat out once or twice a week.
Sounds very metrosexual :think:

Edit: I guess I have to explain the joke for you that are humorless. You have heard of the caveman diet right? It's like simple meat and plants. What he has going in the above diet is much more, I called it metrosexual instead of caveman, get it??? See I was giving him shit, joking around.

Faust
01-20-2014, 06:09 PM
#1 Beef - most studies condemning beef were carried out within the context of a standard american diet. In other words, the rest of someone's diet, particularly carbohydrates, has an effect on how saturated fat and cholesterol are metabolized.

True, though I think the quality should be taken into account. Grass-fed beef has superior omega-3 content than the usual corn-fed, and we eat almost exclusively muscle meats (the loins) when we should be eating organ meats (liver, brain, heart) for optimal nutritional intake. There doesn't seem to be much reliable evidence to guide us in terms of quantity (e.g. some groups appear to be perfectly healthy with high meat consumption, such as Alaskan Inuits) but I feel daily intake is complete overkill provided other foods are a-plenty. You can get by with land-animal meat just once a month if you really wanted.

I eat a ton of quality vegetables, some fruit (especially low-glycemic), eggs once a day, fish often, nuts, mussels, 1-2 servings of whole-grains /day max, poultry or red meat about 1-2 times a week, and (ideally) no sugar/refined grains. On paper, anyway. I really like ginger snaps and beer. And chocolate.

I wonder, can someone recommend a particular brand of farmed fish? I'm pretty distrustful of them as they may be fed shit.

Aurast
01-20-2014, 09:49 PM
This is an exhaustive list of what I eat:

Chicken
Salt
Welch 100% white grape juice
Butternut squash pureed
Pureed Pears
Sardines
Olive oil
Golden delish applesauce
Hamburger
Bananas
Acorn squash
Pepper
Raw honey
Goat milk yogurt
Steak
Turkey
Avacados
Pork
Ginger Tea

Because of my Ulcerative Colitis. I'm supposed to add a new food every week (but most foods aren't allowed ever: refined sugar, grains, much more) and see if it bothers me or not, but in practice I'm pretty lazy about that and haven't been moving as quickly as I should. Before starting this diet I was a candidate for immune suppression but now I am not.

Phil P
01-24-2014, 04:46 AM
Wow, pretty regimented diets. I eat so many different things, but common ones are:
Carrots
Rice
Peas
Yogurt
Grapenuts
Oranges
Olives
Pickles
Lettuce

I would like to go vegetarian at some point in my life, but I haven't yet.
I could never go adkins or low carb. I'd die. But I mostly eat starchy carbs.
I heard the USDA recommends like 60% carbs, 30% fat, and 10% protein. I try to do that somewhat.

starla
01-24-2014, 06:24 AM
I'm vegetarian but not vegan. I don't eat a lot of eggs and try to limit my dairy intake. I recently cut out wheat.

I eat a lot of fruit, vegetables, legumes, and rice. For fruit, I'll mostly get stuff that comes in single serving sizes at the supermarket (so not a lot of melon). For veggies, I like kale, broccoli, brussel sprouts, tomatoes, avocados, onions, carrots, and potatoes, and less commonly chard, lettuce, beets, eggplant, peppers, squash, and cauliflower. Pinto beans, black beans, and lentils are my legumes of choice. And I mostly stick with white rice because it's cheaper and easier to make. I've been eating a lot of nuts and trail mixes lately(ones that have only nuts, seeds, and fruit - none of that m&m bullshit). My potato chip intake has definitely ticked up since I've gone wheat free, as has my cereal consumption. I eat oatmeal a couple times a week, yogurt (regular or frozen) every once in a while as a treat, ice cream rarely.

When I was eating wheat, I ate a lot of bread and sweets - muffins, cupcakes, pie, you name it. That's why I quit. My diet has improved drastically since I started this experiment two weeks ago.

pensive_pilgrim
01-24-2014, 06:31 AM
And I mostly stick with white rice because it's cheaper and easier to make.

How is it easier to make?

Hephaestus
01-24-2014, 11:43 AM

Seconded. I just throw that shit in the rice cooker, add water, then hit either the "White" or "Brown" button depending on what kind of rice I put in. Brown rice takes a little longer for the same volume, but there isn't a difficulty spike IME.

manzanita
01-24-2014, 03:49 PM
I've found my brown rice comes out much better if I put a splash of ACV in the water.

My diet: gluten-free is the most important modifier. I ate a doughnut a few weeks ago, because sometimes I convince myself that the gluten thing is in my head. I had diarrhea for a week and a half. No more slip-ups. The gluten thing is, indeed, in my intestines.

Eggs. Occasional grass-fed beef. Shrimp. Tilapia. Higher-end chicken. Lots and lots of kale: pasta sauce on kale, kale salads, kale wraps. Whatever vegetables I can get cheap or free - right now I have eggplant, squash. I don't usually eat a lot of grains, but I need filler in my diet right now and have been a bit of a scavenger (read: free food). I rarely eat processed/prepared foods; a lot of the preservatives and this-atives/that-atives additives make me sick-for-real. I keep rice flour and non-gmo masa (corn flour treated with lime to make the nutrients more available) on hand. Sometimes I make waffles out of them; it's easy. Coconut oil, olive oil. I'm still working on a 5lb bag of quinoa my dad gave me.

When people give me shit about eating well while I'm poor, I ignore it. As far as I'm concerned, that's like saying, "How can you justify spending the money on an apartment when you don't have much money? It's so much cheaper to just sleep on a park bench." I spend wisely, cook daily, and strike a reasonable balance between cost and quality. Then I fill in the remainder of our needs with food bank visits, taking only the perishables they offer, and give anything we can't eat back to them.

Blorg
01-24-2014, 05:50 PM
black beans
eggs
lots of ramen
sometimes salmon

Phil P
01-28-2014, 03:47 PM
Seconded. I just throw that shit in the rice cooker, add water, then hit either the "White" or "Brown" button depending on what kind of rice I put in. Brown rice takes a little longer for the same volume, but there isn't a difficulty spike IME.

Ditto. Put a small amount of saffron in to cause it turns yellow! and it tastes better.

FYI my brother, who works with rice farms through private equity told me that all the nutrients from the bran or hull of the brown rice is extracted from the bran and sprayed back onto the white rice. So don't wash your rice and US rice is healthier. The only added benefit of brown rice is the fiber. It's harder to store though so it's more expensive. It rots faster.

Gluten free diets do help a lot of people though. My neighbor said it fixed her joint aches. I don't have anything making me feel bad at the moment so I'm not going to embark on that cause I love my wheat and barley.

starla
01-28-2014, 03:50 PM

It has the same cook time as lentils so they can be cooked together, and you can throw your vegetables in at the same time and cook everything in one pot. Try that with brown rice and you'll wind up with a pot of mush.

Plus, it's a lot faster.

jigglypuff
01-28-2014, 03:55 PM
^ rice cooker / veggie steamer? that's even easier. it stops once the rice is perfect. saved my ass in college

starla
01-28-2014, 04:52 PM
I use a rice cooker most of the time. You still have to match cooking times for everything you throw in there, and brown rice takes too long to match well with most things. Plus, if I'm cooking it's because I'm hungry, and I don't want to wait an hour for my rice to finish.

notdavidlynch
01-28-2014, 05:05 PM
According to myfitnesspal, over the past 5 days, my numbers have been:

3,672 Calories p/d
65.68% Calories from fat, 268 grams p/d
26.79% Calories from protein, 246 grams p/d
4.35% Calores from net carbs, 40 grams p/d

And, of course, that doesn't add to 100% because of fiber and accumulated errors or whatever (either on labels or on people inputting info).

starla
01-28-2014, 05:09 PM
Holy shit, what are you eating that is 65% fat?

notdavidlynch
01-28-2014, 05:16 PM

My haters.

99Problems
01-28-2014, 05:19 PM
:facepalm:

jigglypuff
01-28-2014, 05:25 PM
Plus, if I'm cooking it's because I'm hungry, and I don't want to wait an hour for my rice to finish.
freeze leftover rice? just store it in plastic bags, in single servings. then it's ready in minutes.

starla
01-28-2014, 05:59 PM
I'll just stick to white rice.

notdavidlynch
01-28-2014, 06:16 PM

Well, I had a pack of almonds for breakfast just now. 3g net carbs, 22g fat, 9g protein. 82.5% calories from fat.

99Problems
01-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Wow who knew nuts were 82.5% fat.

starla
01-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Yeah, nuts are pretty much the only thing I can think of that are >50% fat. You must eat a lot of nuts. Unless you're gorging yourself on butter.

notdavidlynch
01-28-2014, 08:24 PM
Nah..

4 large eggs: 68.1% calories from fat
1Tbsp Olive oil: 100% calories from fat
1 Avocado: 83.25% calories from fat

Then you add various cuts of meat, with a wide variation of fattiness. If you add in dairy you get even more options for foods w/ > 66% calories from fat.

The thing to remember is that 1g of fat is 9 calories. 1g of protein is 4, and 1g of net carbs is 4. So, if you eat roughly an equal amount of protein and fat (by weight in grams), and a negligible amount of net carbs, then your calories from fat will generally hover around 66%.

starla
01-28-2014, 08:28 PM
The only thing on your list that I eat with abandon is avocados. Everything else is a once in a while, handful at a time kind of thing. I would never make a diet out of it. Getting 65% of your calories from fat can't be healthy.

stuck
01-28-2014, 08:32 PM
Getting 65% of your calories from fat can't be healthy.

http://files.gamebanana.com/img/ico/sprays/4eef818e08c77.png

notdavidlynch
01-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Only thing I'm worried about right now is that I might be getting too much protein.

Hephaestus
01-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Lol.

Good ol' fat superstition.

Tralala
03-16-2014, 05:57 AM
Grass fed beef and LARD FUCK YEA.

Eggs, tapioca, fruit, honey, mustard, vodka.

No: grains, processed sugar, dairy, preservatives, MSG, nightshades (srsly fucked with my shit), cumin, coriander, coconut, seed/grain oils. A pretty strict paleo.

Ortho core multi and probiotics.

Johnny
03-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Mostly vegan. Because I'll eat out with friends once a month or so I can't say "strictly vegan".

Blorg
03-26-2014, 08:46 PM
sadly tomato soup. I made the mistake of buying tomato soup in bulk. I liked the first few cans but I'm already sick of it. I still have a mass of them to get through.

I've also been eating roasted pears with various toppings. The best part is the caramel-like pear sauce that's left in the pan after roasting.

Thevenin
03-26-2014, 09:11 PM
I've also been eating roasted pares with various toppings. The best part is the caramel-like pare sauce that's left in the pan after roasting.

Pears with chocolate sauce (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pears-in-chocolate-sauce/) is a classic.

Blorg
03-26-2014, 09:13 PM
that sounds delicious.

mthomps
04-20-2014, 12:06 PM
The only thing on your list that I eat with abandon is avocados. Everything else is a once in a while, handful at a time kind of thing. I would never make a diet out of it. Getting 65% of your calories from fat can't be healthy.

Appropriate macro nutrient ratio depends on how physical a lifestyle you live. Believe it.

Carbs exist to make me move. There have been times I don't do anything physical for a week and live off meat, veggies and peanut butter. Other times I'm doing 2 a day strength training sessions and it's all carbs.

Timing is EVERYTHING for the efficient diet.

mthomps
04-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Assuming you are to the point you can eye serving sizes without giving it a second thought, static protein intake with fat or carb depending on your physiological intensity level will take you a LONG way. Tend to this while noting total caloric intake and you can build muscle or lose fat with out losing ground on the other.

kari
04-20-2014, 12:16 PM
My absolute fantasy is to just live on coconut water

mthomps
04-20-2014, 12:24 PM
You should just do it then

kari
04-20-2014, 12:37 PM
maybe

mthomps
04-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Just do it for 2 weeks and then re-evaluate intake as needed.

notdavidlynch
04-23-2014, 08:13 AM
My current (short term) diet is different. Mostly chicken breast, 2% cottage cheese, Fage 0%, and various veggies, but also the occasional tangerine, spoonful of peanut butter or Quest bar (absurdly expensive little things that are mostly fiber).

Everything I cook is pan steamed.

Bought some eggs today and I'm gonna up the fat intake back to a minimum of 60g/day and likely drop the protein to somewhere around 195g (down from 240-250g). I'll maintain a deficit and try to keep stuff like fruit and carby yogurt consumed around or during workouts.

And, of course, there will still be room to cheat a little just about everyday since I'm lifting everyday. Funny how when you eat this way, every bite of something sweet becomes something precious and satisfying. Today I had a full serving of mango almonds.

MarkovChain
04-23-2014, 10:11 AM
I think I probably have the worst diet on here.

Usually I start my day off with some trail mix and an energy drink of some sort on my commute to work. When lunch rolls along I'm usually not that hungry so I just use my lunch break as one big long smoke break. Or at least I did until the corporate assholes decided to ban smoking and all tobacco related products on company ground. So because of that I just go and drive around for a little bit, smoke a cigarette, crank up my music and maybe nibble on a bit of trail mix if I'm feeling a little peckish. And yes I know smoking is a bad habit and all that, but my midday smoke break is the only thing that keeps me sane at the fucking place. :dont:

When I finally get home I'm pretty hungry so I whip up some stuff real quick. It's usually something very starchy like rice, potatoes, or pasta with some sort of meat thrown in there somewhere, usually chicken or beef. In addition to that I also make a little ghetto Greek salad on the side, which is just some tomato, cucumber, onions, and feta cheese chopped up in a bowl and topped with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil. If I'm too lazy to do all that I'll just go and get some take-out from some restaurant based non whatever whim I'm feeling that night.

I try to mix it up when ever I can, but it's hard for me to be enthusiastic and motivated about cooking and preparing well balanced meals.

I will say this though, I'm actually quite the connoisseur when it comes to trail mix and nut medleys of all types.

Roger Mexico
04-23-2014, 01:21 PM
My diet is pretty carb-heavy, I guess. Rice or potatoes, less commonly pasta.

I cut out most meats around 10 years ago. I think I've been completely meat-free for around 8 years now, give or take. I've lost track.

I eat quite a few eggs. I find them good for fats, iron, and protein--effective but not overly loaded with anything in particular--and at times I probably average about 5 a day for a few weeks at a time. Alternately, red beans are my go-to protein source these days.

The range of vegetables I eat is actually not that large. Tomatoes, spinach, and broccoli are the essentials. Others are fun indulgences sometimes, but these are the three I will start craving after any prolonged period without them.

I like cheese a lot. I put cheese on the majority of things I eat.

Faust
04-23-2014, 10:07 PM
I eat quite a few eggs. I find them good for fats, iron, and protein--effective but not overly loaded with anything in particular--and at times I probably average about 5 a day for a few weeks at a time.

You sure like your eggs. Why no meat, ethical reasons? I don't have much myself, aside from fish.

skip
04-23-2014, 11:15 PM
I like cheese a lot. I put cheese on the majority of things I eat.

I used to have a dance teacher who would affectionately put her arm around your shoulders, lean in as if she were about to reveal one of the great secrets of the universe, and whisper conspiratorially, "Cheese... is the enemy." I never did agree with her. A good cheese is sublime.

msg_v2
04-23-2014, 11:20 PM
I like dairy, but it makes me farty. I should be more tolerant, but aged cheddar and yogurt seem ok. I thin fermentation does something to the lactose.

Thevenin
04-23-2014, 11:50 PM
I used to have a dance teacher who would affectionately put her arm around your shoulders, lean in as if she were about to reveal one of the great secrets of the universe, and whisper conspiratorially, "Cheese... is the enemy." I never did agree with her. A good cheese is sublime.

It has always amazed me how sometimes the smelliest cheese is the most delicious.

Roger Mexico
04-24-2014, 12:09 AM
You sure like your eggs. Why no meat, ethical reasons? I don't have much myself, aside from fish.

There isn't really one single reason. Mainly it was something I decided to try once and my experience has been that I tend to be healthier when I eat that way. I have a minor congenital heart defect (a bradychardia) that hampers my cardiovascular endurance enough to be bothersome, and I read once somewhere that very low meat consumption tends to be associated with improvements in that area for various reasons--I don't know if that's actually the cause, but since dropping meat from my diet I've had far fewer issues with it. (It can't be hurting--significantly lower overall fat and cholesterol intake without the red meat, even with all the eggs and cheese.) I also went from about 220 pounds (I'm 6'2" tall) to a steady average of about 170 over the last 10 years, which I think is much closer to an optimal BMI.

I agree. Good cheese is wonderful. I don't think normal, moderate dairy consumption really poses any kind of health risk unless you're lactose intolerant or something, either. I've know quite a few vegans and of course they swear up and down that it's much better to avoid dairy products, but I don't see any need to do that at all.

Resonance
04-24-2014, 02:35 AM
I think I've narrowed down my allergy to yeast. So I read the labels carefully on preserved foods (yeast extract is commonly used as a msg substitute), and avoid risen bread.

I eat a lot of starchy foods. Perogies, rice, noodles, tortillas, potatoes... usually with some cheese or sour cream or fried onions or something.

I make sure to get a good chunk of veggies every day, though not with every meal. When my motivation is rock-bottom and I haven't met my quota, I just steam some pre-cut frozen veggies using an attachment for the rice cooker. Or shovel carrot sticks into my mouth.

I don't really like meat but eating rice and lentils every day for years has kind of worn on my tolerance for alternate sources of essential amino acids. Fish and chicken is OK. We also make fried tofu or scrambled eggs occasionally.

That doesn't really make for much variation, so I make up the difference with sauces and spices. Sometimes I make them from scratch, but we have a lot of pre-made spice mixes and salad dressings and barbecue sauces and pasta sauces and hummus and sriracha and tabasco and so on. I like to mix and match them to experiment with different flavours, although I've caught flak for Cultural Appropriation in putting hummus on a tortilla.

Catoptric
04-26-2014, 04:38 AM
Recently it's been: Salsa, chips, guacamole, pizza, pasta with marinara, sardines, anchovies, clam chowder, eggs with canned ham, monster energy drink with protein, gatorade protein bar, beans, artichoke, clamato.

Also if you start getting a nasty smell it's because all that flour (wheat) crap turns to acidity. One thing worth mentioning is that an acidic diet doesn't necessarily come from acidic foods, such as lemon.

and tons of nutritional supplements. . .

I should make a list of the best sardines I've come across.

That is kind of. . . weird stuff.

Catoptric
04-26-2014, 04:43 AM
There isn't really one single reason. Mainly it was something I decided to try once and my experience has been that I tend to be healthier when I eat that way. I have a minor congenital heart defect (a bradychardia).

I read a book called Raising Lazarus (http://www.amazon.com/Raising-Lazarus-Robert-Pensack/dp/0399140018/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1398487267&sr=1-7&keywords=lazarus) that I believe described that same condition. I wouldn't necessarily read it if you want to be scared by it, though likewise definitely avoid eating a lot of things like beef, etc. The author experimented on himself by eating a large steak just to create symptoms of the heart condition.

Thevenin
04-26-2014, 11:32 AM
Also if you start getting a nasty smell it's because all that flour (corn, wheat) crap turns to acidity. One thing worth mentioning is that an acidic diet doesn't necessarily come from acidic foods, such as lemon.

I'm curious. How do carbohydrates turn to "acidity?" Amylase and other enzymes hydrolyze carbohydrates into their constituent sugars. This begins in the mouth and you can experience it by sucking on a cracker for a while and tasting how sweet it becomes. Furthermore, physiologic buffering mechanisms (e.g., blood serum albumin and other proteins) are so strong that, even though an acidic diet can cause heartburn, it has no effect on blood pH. If your blood pH is off, you've got major problems. This is basic (no pun intended) physiology 101.

Catoptric
04-26-2014, 02:10 PM
I'm curious. How do carbohydrates turn to "acidity?" Amylase and other enzymes hydrolyze carbohydrates into their constituent sugars. This begins in the mouth and you can experience it by sucking on a cracker for a while and tasting how sweet it becomes. Furthermore, physiologic buffering mechanisms (e.g., blood serum albumin and other proteins) are so strong that, even though an acidic diet can cause heartburn, it has no effect on blood pH. If your blood pH is off, you've got major problems. This is basic (no pun intended) physiology 101.

I supposed I made such an assumption from what was described here (http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm) (a better source of info. . . (http://www.raw-food-health.com/alkaline-foods.html)), where by looking at the chart, stating grains such as wheat (specifically white flour) can produce acidity. I didn't specifically state that carbohydrates cause it.

I would tend to agree that a normal healthy body is able to offset an acidic diet, but that diet can clearly offset a healthy body ("diabeedus", etc.).

lethe
04-27-2014, 12:27 AM
OK, I'm just going to come out and say it: that acid/alkaline diet body ph stuff is pure bunk. That is not what is happening to your body and anyone who tells you so is lying to you or doesn't understand even the basics. At least it's not harmful advice on it's own and staying away from some of those "acidic" foods is going to be beneficial to your health (for other reasons).

- On a different note: you do not "sweat out" toxins with any significance. Sweating more is not detoxing and may backfire by making it harder for you to rid toxins if you get even slightly dehydrated by sweating too much.

lethe
04-27-2014, 01:42 AM
Might as well describe my diet while I'm here:

I cook often, and have a number of meals in heavy rotation. They are usually vegetable heavy, meat is a smaller ingredient. TONS of garlic and onion is usually present.

Some staple snacks always available include:
Triscuits and hummus (like a lot of hummus), Triscuits and those low calorie laughing cow cheeses, a variety of "snack veggies" like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, snap and snow peas with this version of ranch dressing I make using Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise, a tuna and egg salad mix made with Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise, and yogurt on it's own. Also mix my own nuts and dried fruits for a kind of trail mix.

For beverages:
One red bull in the morning and no other caffeine or sodas or juices, 2% milk occasionally, water, club soda or Pellegrino. alcohol is usually vodka or rum with soda water and some of that mio stuff, also sparkling whites (yay prosecco!)
I make smoothies after a workout with frozen fruits (usually avoiding tropical fruits) Greek yogurt and my favorite protein powder. I'm going to try putting some greens in there soon.

Meal salads:
as a dinner usually with romaine or spinach, homemade vinaigrette, and a marinated meat. Greek one has chickpeas, olives, artichokes hearts, cucumber, feta, walnuts, etc. Also often make one with corn, black beans, green onion, avocado, etc.
It's fun to get creative, often served with a cup of soup or some garlic clover rolls I make.

Meal soups:
I'm great at making them, but get sick of eating them. I make my own stock, add tons of vegetables, beans, usually a whole grain pasta, turkey sausage or chicken thighs, and some greens at the end like spinach or chard. No potatoes, lots of herbs. Comes out more like stew, really. I also make an awesome chili using half ground turkey half ground beef, black beans instead of kidney beans, and a cumin flavor. Usually served with corn muffins.

Pasta dishes:
For most of these I have switched to whole grain pastas and it works out OK. No canned or jar sauces. I mix it up a lot, but they usually break down into a few categories:
Seafood-y pasta I make with that frozen seafood blend from trader joes, or clams, or shrimp, make a Parmesan heavy sauce, butter or olive oil, some tomatoes, clam sauce, lemon, seasoning, too much garlic
Sausage-y pasta has either sliced turkey sausage or turkey meatballs, then either mushrooms, onion and peas, or I go heavy with cannelloni, frozen spinach, onion and herbs, heavy pepper
Stuffed Shells are my masterpiece, not that healthy. I add ham and spinach to the ricotta and mix half Alfredo and half vodka sauce to the top. Oozing with mozzarella.

Set Combo dinners
Sometimes it's shrimp or tofu in a Thai curry with brown rice and lots of vegetables like mushrooms and snow peas
OR chicken bits and heartier vegetables and dried apricots in a Masala sauce
or burritos with whole grain tortillas

Hearty sides:
Couscous with dried cranberries, feta, walnuts - can add marinated chicken
Half quinoa, half lentils
Garlic quinoa with pine nuts and onion
Brown rice - I make large batches of this with broth and freeze the servings until I need them. Sometimes just with leftovers, sometimes as a salad with vegetables and dressing.

Animals:
I'm trying to avoid pork, and rarely eat red meat. I marinate just about everything. If cow I go with steaks, usually t-bone rare. Marinated chicken breasts are boring but in there, prefer thighs, or even better Cornish hens! Often shrimp. Trying the turkey thing with roasts and breasts and sausages. I also sometimes grill tuna or mahi mahi steaks. Usually meat is just an addition to whatever else I'm making, but if it's the main course I serve with a greater amount of a vegetable side dish.

Vegetable sides:
Usually made with butter and garlic, all kinds of vegetables except potatoes. I especially love peas of any kind. Broccoli, Cauliflower, Green beans - I also make an amazing Brussel Sprouts, roasted with craisins and walnuts!

Desserts:
I don't like sweets myself, but I'm great at making the unhealthy stuff like pies, cookies, ice cream, baklava, tarts... I miss making them. These days I'll make parfaits from that sugar-free jello, cool whip and fruits, or strawberry shortcake with splenda and bisquick. A little red wine to the macerated strawberries really helps.

edit: Almost forgot vitamins. Most days I'll take a regular multivitamin and often add some D and magnesium. I also keep tums on hand and some iron for when I need it.

kari
04-27-2014, 03:43 AM
I eat so much shit. Now that I think about it its a miracle I have a healthy bmi

I walk like an hour everyday tho, just because I dont drive

I feel guilty about eating animals because they are our sisters and brothers, truly. It doesnt make sense to believe in the theory of evolution and eat animals, as in it makes just as much sense as cannibalism, but then again humans are not rational beings.

notdavidlynch
04-27-2014, 08:47 AM
Today I ate 2 chocolate chip cookies and a double bacon cheeseburger on top of a breakfast of scrambled eggs and hashbrowns as well as a variety of fruit and big heaping meal of chicken breast & veggies as well as a sweetened up vanilla latte and Reese's and a bunch of other bad shit.

... and it all added up to about a 400 calorie deficit.. wtf, this was supposed to be my cheat day.

Dirac
04-27-2014, 09:26 AM
I eat so much shit. Now that I think about it its a miracle I have a healthy bmi

I walk like an hour everyday tho, just because I dont drive

I feel guilty about eating animals because they are our sisters and brothers, truly. It doesnt make sense to believe in the theory of evolution and eat animals, as in it makes just as much sense as cannibalism, but then again humans are not rational beings.

But you have to eat some life to survive, no? We are related to plants too. People just draw the line at different places.

kari
04-27-2014, 10:47 AM
But you have to eat some life to survive, no? We are related to plants too. People just draw the line at different places.

Some people draw the line at abortion, some draw the line at infanticide... we lock the latter up.

Vison
04-27-2014, 01:04 PM
I have the really bad habit of barely eating for several days at a time and then having a ginormous meal and then going several days again with barely any food. I have a autoimmune/digestive disease that went undiagnosed for most of my life along with some prevalent food sensitivities. I pretty much have to prepare all of my own food to prevent accidental poisoning. Throw in some periods during my childhood/youth where food wasn't always available and I've managed to subconsciously suppress my internal alerts for hunger so automatically that I wont notice until I hit true starvation.

I mostly eat animal protein (I buy better quality meat/eggs in exchange for less of it), veggies (mostly brassicaceae and carrots), a little goat cheese. I drink mostly coffee, water, and an energy drink when I work the night shift. Seaweed and berries for snacks.

Thevenin
04-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Seaweed and berries for snacks.

How do you eat the seaweed, is it dry? What form does it come in when you buy it? How does it taste? I've heard that some seaweed is very nutritious.

Vison
04-27-2014, 03:04 PM
How do you eat the seaweed, is it dry? What form does it come in when you buy it? How does it taste? I've heard that some seaweed is very nutritious.

It comes in dried sheets, sometimes with flavourings. I usually find them as snack packs. Here on the west coast they seem to be everywhere, though I imagine they can be found at Asian grocers elsewhere. Great dietary source of iodine if you don't eat a lot of iodized salt.

It tastes... Green and somewhat round.

owen77
06-07-2014, 01:45 PM
I eat so many different things, But mostly I like:
Olives,Yogurt,Carrots,Rice, red meat,chicken,Green beans, pizza,strawberry,mangoes,
Drinks:coffee and tea

kari
06-07-2014, 02:26 PM

It comes in dried sheets, sometimes with flavourings. I usually find them as snack packs. Here on the west coast they seem to be everywhere, though I imagine they can be found at Asian grocers elsewhere. Great dietary source of iodine if you don't eat a lot of iodized salt.

It tastes... Green and somewhat round.
Buy the ones that look like these:

http://i.imgur.com/rLl38x4.jpg

So nice :3

It doesn't really taste oceany, just salty and crispy.

jigglypuff
06-07-2014, 05:19 PM

i remember eating those all the time as a kid. they're probably easy to find in most east asian grocery stores

i think my local whole foods (in the next town over) sells the kind that comes in the plastic jar with the red cap and they also have rice seasonings with seaweed strips, which i have all the time but wouldn't get from WF. there's also the kind that comes in large flat sheets that you can crumble up and dash over rice and the knots you boil and put in soups. also seaweed salad

idk if it's easy to find on the west coast, but i'm in CA, but i'm in LA, but i was born ABC... i'm so hungry right now

Vison
06-07-2014, 07:28 PM

So good!

El D.
06-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Oh man, that seaweed stuff is sort of weird, but I don't mind it. it probably is really good for you. So here goes:

Lately I have been trying to avoid grains and processed sugars, although I just cant seem to kick tortillas and certain breads of the pizza or sourdough variety. Usually over a week I will consume countless fish tacos, maybe a burger, maybe a pizza, several breakfast burritos with beans, eggs, cheese and bacon, an apple and/or orange each day, several salads, a deli sandwich or two, LOTS of pistachios, asparagus, onions, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, one steak, a california burrito, a cup of coffee each morning, and beers.

That doesnt sound too bad I guess.

notdavidlynch
06-14-2014, 01:35 AM
At the moment, mostly mozzarella cheese.

last_caress
06-14-2014, 04:59 AM
been a veg for over 20 years. other than not eating meat I have no sort of eating plan other than not cooking anything myself if at all possible.
my blood parameters tend to be pretty good despite my high carb potato, pasta, beer, french toast, beer, pizza, fried rice, thai, beer based diet. I'm of the largely uninformed opinion that we're meant to eat mostly carbs and the keto/high protein diets are an unhealthy fad.

I do pretty much intermittent fast by default because I'm not hungry in the morning.

Faust
06-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Shawarma, 'erryday. At least until Friday at which point I can start stocking groceries.

I do pretty much intermittent fast by default because I'm not hungry in the morning.

I'm not hungry first thing, but I eat anyway since I'll be starving an hour into work. Plus it's healthy practice.

lethe
06-14-2014, 08:36 PM

Ah yes!

I do this the same way. I've had a lot of people insist that I eat in the morning and it always made me sick. I've forced myself to east smaller more frequent meals for years, many different ways. No matter how I implemented it, it never worked well. At worst I felt sick, at best I was sluggish and gained weight.

I don't think intermittent fasting is for everyone, but it is magic for some. As soon as I followed the model it was easy, natural, and worked like a charm. It feels like the way I was meant to eat.

INTP_Polly
06-15-2014, 01:17 PM
I don't pay as much attention to my diet as I should. What I eat varies. Right now its like:

Breakfast if I eat it is usually coffee and a biscuit.

Snacky food at work: Sunflower seeds (I'm totally addicted to them when at work), They keep me focused when I'm doing something really boring.

Lunch: Varies, a lot of Thai food, microwavable barely passable as food food, and soup. Plus I eat out a fair amount for lunch which could be anything.

Supper: Haddock, sushi rolls, rice, pizza - sometimes this salsa/toast pizza like thingy I make, p'sghetti, toasted tomato sandwiches, soup/sandwich, veggies. I'll eat chicken and red meat just not as often as fish.

Worst vices: Diet Pepsi - I think they put crack in it, potato chips although I stopped dating the big bag I was hooking up with every weekend, and on the weekends I make breakfasts...something egg and toast related.

notdavidlynch
06-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Breakfast: 4 eggs, half an avocado, chorizo sausage

notdavidlynch
06-24-2014, 11:49 PM
My macro goals for the past two weeks have been 65% fat, 30% protein, and 5% carbs with a total calorie goal a little over 2400. I think I've averaged around 50-100 cals less than that in practice.

One note: I stopped measuring and keeping track of the vegetables I eat -- kale, cabbage, and a wee bit of zucchini. No sense in it IMO, but I do shoot for slightly less than my 2414 goal.

What worries me is that this is supposedly a 15-20% calorie deficit and I'm just not feeling a thing. Aside from when I go over 5 reps when weightlifting, I'm just not having any difficulty. In the past, keto sucked balls and I was tired all the time with a nasty adjustment period. I guess the third time is the charm, because I've had no adjustment period.

notdavidlynch
06-29-2014, 09:18 AM
Struggling to eat enough right now. I've been resorting to cheese in an effort to meet my calorie marks (no bueno).

Aven
06-29-2014, 10:36 AM
I used to eat non fat dairy and then I decided my body hated that, so now I have full fat grass fed yogurt (yes yes, organic and local), I just don't have crazy amounts, really about a serving and a half a day.

My diet mostly consists of whole foods, mostly organic because I have found it makes me feel better (and I have lupus/fibro so I also eat for that). Meats I eat grass fed, lean beef when I want it, chicken, and pork also fish but that's not often but there are times (not recently but before, I tend to go through stages of eating mostly the same protein for a while) when I will have beans as my protein if I am feeling like I don't want meat. I take a good fish oil supplement.

Vegetables I have a wide range, I honestly used to hate veggies but I got to like them once I started eating more of them. I am into broccoli right now, steamed, so gooood. I have carrots to snack on, and since it's cherry season here I am having those like crazy.

I stopped eating sugar, I use honey now instead if I really need sweetener. Most days I have coach's oats oatmeal for breakfast, but I usually make my steel oats in a croc pot.

Overall I eat pretty healthy, I don't limit myself on stuff anymore as I found out my eating habits got to be really really strict and that screwed me over royally. I am trying to eat before 8 pm these days, but sometimes it ends up being 9, which is fine, the less stress the better.

notdavidlynch
06-30-2014, 02:19 AM
18 days of keto and my glycogen finally tanked yesterday. Switching things up.

2414 calories @ 65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carb to...
2100 calories @ 40% fat, 35% protein, 25% carb.

Other option would be to keep the calories between 2400-2800 but eat around 60g fiber a day.

notdavidlynch
07-04-2014, 07:11 AM
This is what fiber does to your diet:

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10499604_811093258930726_761243786999951814_o.jpg

MFP is inconsistent when it comes to fiber. Sometimes it's counted into calories, sometimes it's not (2068 if all counted, 1868 if none is counted).

Dunno what to do. I hit my all important fat & protein goals & feel full, but the calories are just too low (I'm treating 2100 more as a minimum).

Reward myself with an ice cream sandwich? Mmm.

Maintenance for me is the 2800-3000 range.

jigglypuff
07-04-2014, 07:13 AM
how's the pooping?

notdavidlynch
07-04-2014, 07:18 AM
how's the pooping?

Either I haven't been paying attention or a haven't been pooping much. One smallish, yet perfectly molded poop sausage today and that was it.

Linnea
08-30-2014, 09:00 PM
When I cook for myself:
The staples are rye bread, coffee, milk and butter. Otherwise mostly vegetables and fruit that are in season and tea or infusions.

I try to eat at least a couple of eggs every week. Occasionally other dairy products than milk. Tofu. Moose. Nuts, seeds and dried fruit. Oatmeal, barley, quinoa etc. Occasionally local fish or mushrooms. I eat legumes and sprouts in the winter. A little bit of honey and sugar.

I won't eat tuna, chicken, reindeer, salmon, shrimp or anything low-fat or protein enriched. I try to avoid processed food (except the occasional yoghurt or ice cream).

I do intermittent fasting every now and then since it fits with the way I eat and comes naturally. I wouldn't do it if it felt difficult.

When someone else invites me to dinner:
I'll eat anything someone has bothered to cook for me. Which means that I eat meat at least once a week even though I don't cook it myself that often.

avolkiteshvara
09-11-2014, 03:02 AM
When I cook for myself:
The staples are rye bread, coffee, milk and butter. Otherwise mostly vegetables and fruit that are in season and tea or infusions.

I try to eat at least a couple of eggs every week. Occasionally other dairy products than milk. Tofu. Moose. Nuts, seeds and dried fruit. Oatmeal, barley, quinoa etc. Occasionally local fish or mushrooms. I eat legumes and sprouts in the winter. A little bit of honey and sugar.

I won't eat tuna, chicken, reindeer, salmon, shrimp or anything low-fat or protein enriched. I try to avoid processed food (except the occasional yoghurt or ice cream).

I do intermittent fasting every now and then since it fits with the way I eat and comes naturally. I wouldn't do it if it felt difficult.

When someone else invites me to dinner:
I'll eat anything someone has bothered to cook for me. Which means that I eat meat at least once a week even though I don't cook it myself that often.

I do IF as well. Recently started playing around with 24 hour fasts.

baccheion
09-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Juiced (Vitamix'd) vegetables, lean meats, cold-pressed oils, etc. Cerebrolysin. Everything within an 8-hour window (similar to intermittent fasting). That said, it seems the Mediterranean diet is the best among those that are easy to maintain.

Madrigal
10-17-2015, 05:06 AM
I eat the same thing every day. It's glorious. Routine is a guilty pleasure.

An orange, toast and egg for breakfast, meatballs for lunch and chicken breast for dinner. Spinach, squash, tomatoes and broccoli every day. Half glass of milk. Dark chocolate or nuts if I want a 500 calorie snack. :/

Mustard on everything.

stuck
03-26-2016, 09:54 PM
I love you, red cabbage.

pensive_pilgrim
06-03-2016, 07:27 AM
I bought 16 lbs of cottage cheese like a week and a half ago and finished it all off by last night. Went back to Winco tonight and bought another 20 lbs. The cashier was like "new diet?" and I didn't really know what to say so I just kind of smiled awkwardly.

Sir Caveat
06-03-2016, 11:57 AM
I bought 16 lbs of cottage cheese like a week and a half ago and finished it all off by last night. Went back to Winco tonight and bought another 20 lbs. The cashier was like "new diet?" and I didn't really know what to say so I just kind of smiled awkwardly.

I prefer anonymity to that awkward level of familiarity that comes with seeing someone regularly, such as a store cashier, who you will never know beyond that level of quick exchanges. That's why I stopped going to the supermarket early in the morning before work. You lose the cloak of anonymity in an empty store. The shelf stockers feel obliged to say good morning and the cashiers are more chatty when there's no line of customers. I don't like the other extreme of crowds either. I like just enough people so I can fade in but not so many that it takes longer to get through the store.

Ependymin
06-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Mostly eggs and spinach... I don't like either one. I guess I'm a picky eater. I also suspect I am pre-diabetic so I'm going to have to do something about that.

kari
06-04-2016, 12:12 AM
This morning I ate some cheesecake that I found in the fridge. Sorry, housemates. Happy birthday by the way.

pensive_pilgrim
06-04-2016, 01:41 AM
I prefer anonymity to that awkward level of familiarity that comes with seeing someone regularly, such as a store cashier, who you will never know beyond that level of quick exchanges. That's why I stopped going to the supermarket early in the morning before work. You lose the cloak of anonymity in an empty store. The shelf stockers feel obliged to say good morning and the cashiers are more chatty when there's no line of customers. I don't like the other extreme of crowds either. I like just enough people so I can fade in but not so many that it takes longer to get through the store.

I'm the same, although I'd still prefer familiarity to crowds. The Winco is big enough and I go there infrequently enough that I'm sure nobody there recognizes me, but it's still pretty noticeable I guess when I come through the checkout with all of the cheapest brand of cottage cheese in 1 lb containers that they had on the shelf.

TeresaJ
06-04-2016, 06:01 PM
Right now I live with my parents, who came of age in the 60s and 70s. They have a lot more free time than I do so they do most of the cooking. Any time I can remind/convince them to put kale on the table, it's a victory.

Whenever we've been able to stay with the ISFJ he always maintains a simple, healthy diet that includes lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. ...That and spicy take-out. That's another reason I like living with him.

pensive_pilgrim
08-04-2017, 11:37 PM
Lately my diet by mass is about 40% chicken strips, 30% apples, 20% oats, 5% instant coffee and 5% stuff I find under things

Sinny
08-04-2017, 11:50 PM
I'm in charge of my own breakfast & lunch

So this is what I can manage:

http://i.imgur.com/UB7qTGY.jpg

I have to hope that some responsible adult feeds me dinner, which usually consists of veg, meat & potatoes.

Faust
08-05-2017, 02:43 AM
The only change lately is an increase in avocado consumption. I've been spreading a half on toast for sandwiches and throwing the rest in kale salad. Dinner is usually broccoli, some carb du jour, and chicken.

kari
08-08-2017, 11:49 AM
My diet is reaaaally fucked up. I basically only eat white carbs.

Mxx
08-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Can't think of any mammal flesh I wouldn't eat, but I don't like organs.
Starches
Wheats
Some legumes
Dairy
Water
Some teas

No fruits, no vegetables. That's for my food to eat, not me.

2hype
08-09-2017, 02:15 AM
I've been eating a lot of white rice, ground turkey, and frozen green beans. I cook up a bunch of rice and ground turkey on sundays. And then for lunch and dinner, pretty much all week, that's what I eat along with some frozen veggies I heat up in the microwave. I measure it all out. For fat, I include a tablespoon or so of peanut butter with the rice and turkey when they are heating up, and then I add some hot sauce and stir it all up. It tastes kinda like Thai food.

I'm actually enjoying the routine. One less thing to think about.

avolkiteshvara
08-15-2017, 09:49 PM
-broccoli or kale shake with frozen berries, MCT & olive oil.
-Protein: Tuna, Greek or Goat Yogurt, or chicken.

Occasional binges on Cheese-its and Ben&Jerries.