PDA

View Full Version : I never stand up for anything

PureViolence
01-20-2018, 12:15 AM
bullcrap

Sinny
01-20-2018, 01:33 AM
I'm confused.. you said you don't stand up for yourself or your views, but when you engaged in that's debate, that precisely what you done.

?

Anyway, I buy from the artists I respect and want to see succeed. The rest can suffer the perils of capitalism as far as I'm concerned.

stuck
01-20-2018, 01:38 AM
just to push some hate out of them

if you curious as to the root of your aberrant social experience, i've isolated it for you, and you're welcome.

rokki balbotox
03-25-2018, 03:32 AM
I'm responding to the titular statement only because your post doesn't seem to be relevant to the title.

Often, there is little perceived benefit for standing up for things. If you begin believing that there is a benefit for speaking up (e.g. promotes a strong sense of self), and try it once, then continue exercising your voice with tact and clarity while learning from others' feedback-- eventually you will find it easier to stand up for things.

People tend to like others who have spines. There's one benefit.

Lurker
03-25-2018, 03:56 AM
Yeah, i noticed recently at real life that i find myself fighting against people as if i cared so much about things that i really give a damn about, and then i even attack myself by defending these things and people seem to be rather skeptic and distant to me for that.
Is it a bad thing to have no place you call home? is it a bad to have no team? i'm cold already.

You're just an argumentative fellow. I'm an argumentative bitch. If I'm bored, or I feel stifled, I will argue about silly stuff. I just argued about guns as if I thought the subject was interesting: Petty, absurd, whiny. That's my take on gun hysterics. I don't care if guns are legal or not (but semi-automatic weapons are absurd).

I bite my tongue a lot, even here, because some of my thoughts seem awful, but they actually aren't if I explain.

Sometimes challenging people allows you to see something real in them; it can even result in quality interaction.

At least you will stand up when it matters.