PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic weight loss scale

99Problems
01-30-2014, 02:08 PM
http://socialcafemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/EatSmart-Precision-GetFit-Digital-Body-Fat-Scale.jpg

This thing not only is a precision scale it also tells you your fat, water, muscle percentage. It appears to be highly accurate as I figured out my supposed fat percentage at various body weight. It has some sort of sensors/scanners that figure out your composition.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21436813?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=3&adid=22222222227015347112&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42081573190&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=38864254390&veh=sem

MacGuffin
01-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Cheaper at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Capacity-Recognition-Technology/dp/B004L6NTHU

99Problems
01-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Cheaper at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Capacity-Recognition-Technology/dp/B004L6NTHU

That's actually where we got ours from.

mthomps
01-30-2014, 04:25 PM
I've heard scales which calculate body fat and such are as accurate as how smooth you thought you were in that black out but...

I'll take you're word for it.

Satisfaction in body composition should come from your numbers and the mirror.

99Problems
01-30-2014, 04:39 PM
I've heard scales which calculate body fat and such are as accurate as how smooth you thought you were in that black out but...

I'll take you're word for it.

Satisfaction in body composition should come from your numbers and the mirror.
I'm 5' 11" and according to it I'd have 0% body fat @ 165lbs which sounds about right so I think its pretty accurate. I look/feel best around 200 but its nice to know the makeup of that as I age and start to exercise again. It's harder for me to lose nowadays so an accurate scale will help me mentally achieve it.

mthomps
01-30-2014, 04:44 PM
If you had 0% body fat you would be dead or about to be?

99Problems
01-30-2014, 04:45 PM
I got down to 190 about 5 years ago and looked kinda sickly. Probably only a prison camp could get a person down to 0%.

mthomps
01-30-2014, 04:48 PM
No no. You can't deal with that low body fat. I am very sure that is death. Good looking is 12-8. 12% with muscle is surprisingly affective. 3% is timing pancakes right before a bodybuilding show for dehydration when you feel like youre gonna pass out before flexing in a thong.

99Problems
01-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Yep. I want to get back into weightlifting so it'll be fun to watch the numbers as I lift and lose weight. The biggest I got that looked good was 220 after 5 years of serious bodybuilding. Cool thing is if you lift like a crazy person and do manual work to some of it stays with you.

mthomps
01-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Yeah I'm with you. My experience is physical labor helps with maintenance for sure. (after you've reached something respectable).

mthomps
01-30-2014, 05:00 PM
Most will never experience the wrath you create upon being just physically good looking. It's a worthwhile pursuit if you've never been below 12% bf. I greatly enjoyed my stay there.

99Problems
01-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Most will never experience the wrath you create upon being just physically good looking. It's a worthwhile pursuit if you've never been below 12% bf. I greatly enjoyed my stay there.
You know what I'm talking about then when I say I had even straight guys want to feel my arms, weird. I'd walk up to the checkouts at the grocery and people would offer to let me cut in line. For a few years i felt like royalty.

mthomps
01-30-2014, 05:14 PM
My only regret is the many openings I never pursued. Lessoned learned.

Let me be an example to young intp's interested in the arts of physical domination. Use that body....

99Problems
01-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Over at the old place they'd claim you can't be an INTP, INTP aren't brutish men. Bullshit, it's fun having a mind and a body, people just don't know what to think of you.

giegs
01-30-2014, 05:30 PM
A circle with two points? Strange.

How does knowing your bf% actually influence what you do?

stuck
01-30-2014, 05:30 PM
bleh. had an old friend give me a big homoerotic hug, the only thing missing was him whispering in my ear "flex them titties, my silverback"

99Problems
01-30-2014, 05:33 PM
A circle with two points? Strange.

How does knowing your bf% actually influence what you do?
It doesn't necessarily influence what you do, it gives feedback so you know where you are at. Kind of like a speedometer and a odometer in a car if you are on a drive to somewhere. Its nice to know your status.

99Problems
01-30-2014, 05:39 PM
bleh. had an old friend give me a big homoerotic hug, the only thing missing was him whispering in my ear "flex them titties, my silverback"
That's when you whisper back, hey I got something else I can flex for you. (Too many years on construction sites)

pensive_pilgrim
01-30-2014, 05:39 PM
According to the reviews there's no bodyfat sensor(and I don't see how there could be, unless you were getting on in bare feet to let it measure conductivity through you) so that part may as well be a chart saying "at X height and Y weight the average bf% is Z"

99Problems
01-30-2014, 05:42 PM
According to the reviews there's no bodyfat sensor(and I don't see how there could be, unless you were getting on in bare feet to let it measure conductivity through you) so that part may as well be a chart saying "at X height and Y weight the average bf% is Z"

Some kind of infared or some other sensor? It somehow knew that I was 35% body fat which puts me at 0% at 165. 165 is normally an ideal weight for someone my height. Somehow it knows. It has contact-like sensors on it I noticed.

pensive_pilgrim
01-30-2014, 05:52 PM
okay I looked further and apparently it does have electrodes for BIA, but it only uses the signal to "fine tune" your estimate which is based on a chart. I still wouldn't trust it much - I used a handheld BIA device in a class to measure my own bf and got 5% - I do not have the body of someone with 5% bf.

giegs
01-30-2014, 05:57 PM
So it's a +$25 "feature" that saves you having to look at a chart but gives you something to circlejerk about. Got it.

99Problems
01-30-2014, 05:57 PM
okay I looked further and apparently it does have electrodes for BIA, but it only uses the signal to "fine tune" your estimate which is based on a chart. I still wouldn't trust it much - I used a handheld BIA device in a class to measure my own bf and got 5% - I do not have the body of someone with 5% bf.
The only input I gave it was my height. The ideal weight for someone my height is 129-169 according to BMI. I would be dead in that weight range. Somehow it is doing fairly accurate calculations, or it just happens to be built specifically for me.

99Problems
01-30-2014, 05:58 PM
So it's a +$25 "feature" that saves you having to look at a chart but gives you something to circlejerk about. Got it.
Well you don't have to buy one if you don't want one.

Senseye
01-30-2014, 09:33 PM
Over at the old place they'd claim you can't be an INTP, INTP aren't brutish men. Bullshit, it's fun having a mind and a body, people just don't know what to think of you.That's never what I thought. It's all the effort, rigorous self disciple, and stick to it'iveness required. Not traits I associate with an INTP. There are exceptions to every rule, but show me an INTP and I'll bet on "far too lazy to get buff" pretty much every time.

99Problems
01-31-2014, 12:47 PM
That's never what I thought. It's all the effort, rigorous self disciple, and stick to it'iveness required. Not traits I associate with an INTP. There are exceptions to every rule, but show me an INTP and I'll bet on "far too lazy to get buff" pretty much every time.
Lots of people in general don't have this. But at any rate, in IMHO your opinion is slanted by the unbalanced representation of INTP on central. How do you think we INTP got along through the centuries without computers? Given my set of circumstances I was left with no choice but to be a bamf. Is that who I really am? No. I just had to live it to get here today.

I think Ptah is on the right track to having a true representation of INTP here. Sure there are anime loving basement dwellers, there is also the dead opposite of that.

mthomps
01-31-2014, 03:34 PM
Over at the old place they'd claim you can't be an INTP, INTP aren't brutish men. Bullshit, it's fun having a mind and a body, people just don't know what to think of you.

Oh through the years I was accused multiple times of being a different type based on info I gave about myself. I enjoy physical activity and do not mind laboring for my paycheck, though I am overdue for a promotion. Jokes aside the body is just another system to play with and the connection it has with our female counterparts is reason enough, let alone the basic testosterone fuelled desire for motion, to experiment with sculpting a respectable physique.

99Problems
01-31-2014, 03:50 PM
Oh through the years I was accused multiple times of being a different type based on info I gave about myself. I enjoy physical activity and do not mind laboring for my paycheck, though I am overdue for a promotion. Jokes aside the body is just another system to play with and the connection it has with our female counterparts is reason enough, let alone the basic testosterone fuelled desire for motion, to experiment with sculpting a respectable physique.
I have come to the conclusion that doing physical work at least the first half of ones life and then sliding behind a desk is probably as win as you can get. I truly enjoyed a lot of the physical stuff, the higher level of testosterone that one gets from physical activity, looking good for the ladies. And it was kinda cool that I didn't have to fully engage my brain to make a living, my brain was a playground, not the main instrument of making a living.

Hephaestus
01-31-2014, 10:11 PM

Or the complicated mix of emotions when you casually flex or stretch and discover you need a new wardrobe. This one isn't up to containing your awesomeness any more.

avolkiteshvara
02-01-2014, 02:14 AM
That's never what I thought. It's all the effort, rigorous self disciple, and stick to it'iveness required. Not traits I associate with an INTP. There are exceptions to every rule, but show me an INTP and I'll bet on "far too lazy to get buff" pretty much every time.

I've been looking at it as more of an experiment rather than dogmatic mandatory jogging that is same every time. My curiosity keeps me consistent.