Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you join Satan and 1/3 of the angels?

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Would you join Satan and 1/3 of the angels?

Say the worst things you've heard about God are true and the best things you've heard about Satan are true. If Satan rebelled against God and as an angel you knew the eventual penalty would be eternal torment would you continue worshipping and serving God or would you join Satan? So in this example the existence of God is a fact.

BTW I think to join Satan based on moral reasoning would involve a greater sacrifice than what Jesus made. After all Jesus only suffered for a few days at the most and it resulted in a permanent difference to the world but you'd be suffering for an eternity to make a temporary difference.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    I don't side with losers when I want to win. I would find a better way.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    God is a god. How can an angel beat him?

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnClay View Post
    God is a god. How can an angel beat him?
    Yeah. That's what makes that whole story so silly.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    xxxx
    would satan accept me?
    "I fucking hate the cold!" - Wim Hof

art and flowers: https://www.instagram.com/cloudlilt/

Type
    INfj
    Yes, and have done.
    Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

Type
    INTj
    What's in it for me?

Type
    INfj
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What's in it for me?
    Eternal damnation as punishment for standing up to a violent, narcissistic father.

Glory, glory, glory.
    Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

Type
    InTP
    You can always count on me for your heathen army, Satan.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I saw in a picture recently that Satan is responsible for 10 deaths in the Bible and God is responsible for about 1-2 million... Satan asked God if he could test Job and Satan killed 10 of his children. Swift deaths perhaps. But God's killings aren't sometimes swift - e.g. killings in war or drownings form the Flood. (the number of deaths from the Flood weren't considered)

More about the "crimes" of Satan:
    http://www.markbeast.com/satan/history-of-satan.htm
    ....The history of Satan began with riches and honor. Satan had a glorious future. Then he became jealous and proud. He refused to repent and his future became dark....

....Lucifer was above every other angel in heaven. His appearance was beautiful and dazzling. He radiated light and glory. He was covered with gold and shimmering jewels. Lucifer was the Chief Covering angel and he worked in the throne room of God.....

....Over time one third of the angels in heaven chose to side with Lucifer and to worship him instead of Jesus. God made tireless efforts to persuade Lucifer to repent and return to God. Lucifer almost relented, but he would not give up his pride and humble himself. He refused to admit that he was wrong....
    BTW I don't think a lot of that has a lot of Biblical support though many Christians believe it and we could assume it is true for this thread.