Thread: MST3K Reboot:

Banned
    Type
    INTP

MST3K Reboot:

http://www.avclub.com/article/not-to...ome-sor-203722

This is awesome. I highly doubt I'm the only one here who will agree.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    If it isn't lackluster and doesn't make me feel old by removing the sepia nostalgic haze from my memories of the show, which honestly kind of happened to me watching some of those new episodes of Beavis and Butthead. (Although they were funny, it just wasn't the same.)

But, excepting that, yeah I'd be pretty happy to see it come back. In part just because I always thought Hodgson was way better than Nelson was.

They were doing a live road show for a while. And there was a DVD series called Cinematic Titanic--just Beaulieu and a few other alums cracking jokes over movies, no puppets or anything. A full-on revival of the actual show would be pretty sweet--the conceit was just window dressing, but it was an important part of the show's distinctive charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    INTP
    I'd love that. It was really a different time, though, it seems doubtful they'll be able to recapture that "feel" but I'd watch and give it a chance.
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.

Type
    INTP
    I'd really miss Trace Beaulieu (Crow and Dr. Clayton Forrester) and Kevin Murphy (Tom Servo) if they can't come back too.
    "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is reality. Your cries do not move me." -- Sistamatic

Type
    INTP
    Yup... sweet nostalgia here, potentially laced with bitter inconsistency if they can't get the band back together.

I had started watching it when it hit Comedy Central. I did like Hodgson better too.

Sekhmet
    I'm a big fan of the rifftrax.... www.rifftrax.com
    The same 3 people (the classic "robots" from MST3K) riff over modern and classic films.

I have watched old ones and some of the newer ones are great. I would never watch a Twilight movie for example, but their riff for the first Twilight movie was pretty hilarious. Also for any of the Fast and Furious ones. Boy, they love to rip on Vin Diesel.
    Last edited by Sekhmet; 04-23-2014 at 03:48 PM. Reason: cant' spell

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by tfa
    [The book] concludes with ... plans for “a new online incarnation of the show, one that will feature a fresh (and as-yet-unannounced) host and cameos from many MST3K alumni.”
    "Fresh host" != Joel.

"Cameos from many MST3K alumni" may mean new bots, too.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhu View Post
    "Fresh host" != Joel.

"Cameos from many MST3K alumni" may mean new bots, too.
    I noticed that. I like to give things a fair shake, though. It might actually not be bad.