Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Evolving Game (3rd edition)

Type
    INTP

The Evolving Game (3rd edition)

Yep, I'm bringing it back. It survived the Great Erasure, and I'm here to ensure that it survives the Malware Apocalypse as well.

In this game, there are two rulesets. The first set are the "Game Rules", and the second set are the "Post Rules". All posts in this thread must obey the Game Rules. Because the Post Rules are expected to change a lot, it is considered good form to provide a quoted list of the Post Rules that are effective after your post. While not strictly required, it is encouraged.

The Game Rules never change, and are as follows:

1. Except where the game rules explicitly state otherwise, each post must obey the Post Rules from the previous post.

2. Each post must add one Post Rule, remove one Post Rule, or both. Post Rules being added or removed must be explicitly stated.

3. Post Rule modifications take effect after the posts in which they appear (starting with the next post). This means that a rule being added does not apply to the post that adds it, and a rule being removed does still apply to the post that removes it.

4. Apart from what is stated in Game Rule 2, a post cannot make any further modifications to the Post Rules. It must be clear which parts of the post are Post Rule modifications, and which ones aren't.

5. If no posts have been made in this thread for over a month, up to three Post Rules may be disregarded within the next post. Also known as "pleading the fifth".

6. When in doubt (or at your leisure), Post Rules are to be interpreted literally, with no regard for what might have been their intended meaning.

7. Whenever a post collision occurs, post rules from the earlier post apply. A post collision is defined as an incident where a post would follow the rules only if an earlier post didn't exist (typically this happens if two or more people happen to post at the same time).
    Anything not stated explicitly in either ruleset is fair game.

The Game Rules have been revised since the 2nd edition based on previous issues. Keep in mind they are only intended to keep the game evolving and prevent deadlock situations, not to discourage you from going crazy. Posting complicated or insane rules is not merely allowed, but even highly encouraged, insofar as they do not cause needless traffic jams (i.e. if rule 5 turns out to be needed, then you went a bit too far).

I will start by adding one Post Rule:

Post Rule A (added): "Every post must contain at least three smilies."

Type
    INTP
    Post Rule 1 is removed.
    Post Rule B (added): All posts must add the rule being followed by the previous post.

Type
    InTp
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Post Rule 1 is removed.
    Post Rule B (added): All posts must add the rule being followed by the previous post.

Post Rule B removed.
    Post Rule C added: Except where the game rules explicitly state otherwise, each post must obey the Post Rules from the previous post. (i.e. game rule 1)

Wait, you didn't remove post rule A?

Type
    INTP
    Post Rule A: "Every post must contain at least three smilies."
    Post Rule B (added): "Rule B must never be removed."
    Post Rule C: Except where the game rules explicitly state otherwise, each post must obey the Post Rules from the previous post. (i.e. game rule 1)
    Indeed, it still applies. I wrote the rulebook, so I know these things

In other news, there is a new rule B now.

Post Rule A (Retained): "Every post must contain at least three smilies."
    Post Rule B (Retained): "Rule B must never be removed."
    Post Rule C (Retained): "Except where the game rules explicitly state otherwise, each post must obey the Post Rules from the previous post. (i.e. game rule 1)"
    Post Rule D (Added): Every post must include "swag flow".

Type
    INTP
    Post Rule E (Added): Every new post rule must include "swag flow".

--Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INTP
    Post Rule A: Every post must contain at least three smilies.
    Post Rule B: Rule B must never be removed.
    Post Rule C: Except where the game rules explicitly state otherwise, each post must obey the Post Rules from the previous post. (i.e. game rule 1)
    Post Rule D: Every post must include "swag flow".
    Post Rule E: Every new post rule must include "swag flow".
    Post Rule F (added): Whether part of the term "swag flow" or not, the word "swag", whenever included in a post, must always follow immediately after the word "yolo".

Type
    INTP
    Post Rule E: Every new post rule must include "swag flow".
    Post Rule F: Whether part of the term "swag flow" or not, the word "swag", whenever included in a post, must always follow immediately after the word "yolo".
    Post Rule G: All new rules must be preceded by a prime number instead of a letter. Furthermore, this number must be greater than the one before it
    yolo swag flow #hashtag

Type
    INTP
    Post Rule F removed, as its self-referencing nature annoyingly prevents posting in good form more than once a month.

Post Rule #1361 (added): The second and last word in "yolo swag", whenever included in a post, must always follow immediately after the word "yolo".

On a different note, let me congratulate Browser on probably being the first person in world history to form the phrase "yolo swag flow". I was starting to think nobody would be willing to sink to that level.

Type
    INTP
    Post Rule G: All new rules must be preceded by a prime number instead of a letter. Furthermore, this number must be greater than the one before it
    #1361: The second and last word in "yolo swag", whenever included in a post, must always follow immediately after the word "yolo".
    #1367 added: Swag flow has had it's time. Furthermore, now each rule must rhyme.

I am familiar with the yolo swag side of the twitter, young padawan.