Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Was the Hardest Thing for You to Accept in Your LTRs?

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

What Was the Hardest Thing for You to Accept in Your LTRs?

In your long term relationships, what was the hardest thing for you to accept either about your partner or about the relationship itself?

This can be either things you successfully made peace with or things you struggled with and lost.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    xxxx
    that you're gonna lose them.

Type
    INTP
    The fact that they're always there. Always.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    That I have a certain role to play, and this is pretty much always going to be the case. It truly does work to my benefit not to show weakness, and at the same time accept it when they show weakness. Maybe that's not such a big deal, though. If I don't expect it to work any other way, I can't be disappointed or upset when it doesn't (and perhaps be pleasantly surprised when it does). A little vulnerability on my part might be ok, but it must be balanced by many, many other things, and not be an everpresent feature. I won't get anywhere by expecting that of someone else, though. It's not an equation where everything evens out and things are algebraically transferred. It will never actually work like that.

Also, sometimes you have to say no to something.
    Last edited by msg_v2; 05-05-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Type
    XXXX
    Their unresponsiveness to your phone calls and emails from Afghanistan is probably indicative of the fact they are sleeping with that boot marine, who they introduced you to as a friend the last time you were on leave, not that you had anything worth listening to anyway, because it's all military this and military that, so just stop and listen to them talk about what their cat coughed up on the fucking carpet.
    Last edited by Makers!*; 05-05-2014 at 09:10 PM.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    The aimlessness.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    xNxx
    Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    that you're gonna lose them.

yeah

Spending 25% of the time hiding and cringing, and the rest of the time exploring 271 different solutions to the same problem when the first approach turned out to be the best after all, which I already knew but was unable to adequately explain in sufficient levels of absurd detail.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    That if you are in a ltr, you will not be capable of a reply on this post that isn't loaded.

Also that the master bathroom will be disgusting five minutes after you scrub it and there is no logical explanation for his capacity to destroy it and his inability to enact simple measures to prevent it. Seriously, how do you get toothpaste on the mirror 3 feet over your height? WTF? It's like a mother fucking crime scene in there after he takes a shower. Would it kill him to rinse the sink out after he spits toothpaste into it? Apparently he thinks so. It's a good thing he's cute.

Type
    INfj
    in general: that they might legitimately like me

in current: getting ridiculously mad at video games. like controller-breaking mad. it triggers my anxiety. and you're almost 27. I mean, come on.

might actually have to break up over this
    Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.