Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Thread: Your most recent non-essential or fanciful purchase

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    That's not a bad idea. Maybe I should get one of those UV light cleaner things, I'm afraid dipping it in hydro peroxide or something would fuck up the bristles over time. How do you disinfect your toothbrush?
    I run it under scalding hot water for like 15-30 seconds.

Type
    IXTP
    Hydrogen peroxide would probably be fine. It comes in a brown plastic bottle. It's also diluted 3% into water.

Type
    eNTP
    Lazy method: Pour some mouthwash into a baggie or a cup. Insert toothbrush head and swizzle. Soak if you feel like it. Best use of Listerine since it was marketed as a floor cleaner.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.

Type
    INtP
    Thanks for the suggestions. Going to use the Listerine method.

The liquorice/citrus toothpaste wasn't quite what I expected. Other ingredients included clove oil and menthol crystals. (The toothpaste jelly is Plaque Sabbath from Lush). The liquorice taste is in the background with the clove/menthol in the foreground. The citrus is barely a hint of a note.

Brushing transported me to my youth, like I had finished brushing with my regular ole toothpaste after drinking a diet dr pepper and smoking a clove cigarette. The clove also mildly numbed my whole mouth.

It's a novelty impulse purchase, and I will not get again.

Type
    INTP
    I subscribed to the Rachel Roy Box of Style. This is unlike me, I must be pretty bored.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    I subscribed to the Rachel Roy Box of Style. This is unlike me, I must be pretty bored.
    I applaud your bravery in admitting this publicly.

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    Mm. Plum.
    Last edited by notdavidlynch; 07-14-2020 at 02:19 AM.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I just want the next gen ryzens and gpus to come out and then you can all start ww3 for all I care

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ACow View Post
    I just want the next gen ryzens and gpus to come out and then you can all start ww3 for all I care
    I keep checking that too!
    Single core performance has been brought to the forefront to me since Luminar doesn't use GPU for processing, so I have a nice lag in applying effects and it's been hanging and locking me up, in spite of being able to run prime95 stable for hours on end. Probably just buggy as I've seen in their support forums that it was locking a specific intel CPU in a similar way (reset button doesn't even reboot it!)

I'm sticking with my 1070 GPU for now as I only really play GTA V that pushes it, otherwise real time strategy games and I rarely crack hashes anymore as I'm no longer pen testing.

Type
    INTP
    My laptop is so dated it's useless, and I got a "good deal" on it so uh, yeah, it's a piece of shit anyway. I should have just spent money. You aren't saving money if you end up spending the first hour of every usage waiting for it to finish updating so it can spare you a bit of processor. I find myself just foregoing work I would do on it because I don't want to deal with it. And you can forget running a slicer or fusion or blender on it. Also the wifi card was dead so I always had to bring a dongle, and it needs a new battery and and and...

My tablet is so dated it's useless...and since Samsung abandons it's high end tablet babies like a teen mom who gave birth in a toilet, the OS is 5 versions old unless I take the time to update it unofficially, which is a never ending time consuming crapshoot that might end in a brick and almost always disables at least one or two peripherals.

My wacom tablet has kicked the bucket, and in the process of deciding to replace it, I discovered art tablets and now I don't even want a plain touch sensor input.

Anyway, I have wiped the memory on all that stuff, and sent it off to that recycle place that gives you a shitty amount of money in return for your shitty devices that used to be valuable and finally pulled the trigger on this thing I've been waffling over for months now.

Surface Book 3!
    It's a laptop! (core i7, with dedicated gpu!)
    It's a tablet! (windows, which is still windows, but at least they won't refuse to update me for a much longer time... I should get at least four years out of this baby) (oh, and it has a generous bezel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    It's a graphics pad (pen sold separately, and not cheap, and won't arrive til Tuesday, boo! But totally aware of the first world nature of this problem.)

Anyway, pretty excited. I'm a much more prolific writer if I can change my surroundings every half hour or so. Plus I am going to love being able to sit fusion and photoshop flat on the table in front of me and work with it there.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

This SEP field is glorious!