Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Your most recent non-essential or fanciful purchase

Damned
    Type
    INTP
    There used to be a couple of places I'd go to where the bottle of water I bought was taller than the straws. I'd have to consider that straw if I still ate there regularly. And it may have a cute dog effect and get the attention of girls. BPA free doesn't mean much though and the shock cord thing that goes through the straw would probably estrogenized me.

Hmm...

Girl 1 (to friend): "He has a folding straw."
    Me: "Yeah, I have to fold it or it won't fit in my pants."
    Girl 2 (different table): "Finally, a man who could satisfy me!"

Something like that.

Type
    intp
    I ordered some guitar pickups.

I have a cheap stratocaster I'm going to reawaken. And a hollow-body ja(aaazzz)zz guitar that's always had crappy pickups.

http://axetec.co.uk/guitar_parts_uk_111.htm#

http://axetec.co.uk/guitar_parts_uk_093.htm

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I just got this blue suede/white leather purse so I can wear it abroad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    intp
    I bought an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X recently. I've been wanting a full feature router/firewall for a while now (well not quite full feature but most of the essential ones) and it's a lot of fun to play with. I'm still working on figuring out the CLI. It seems some of the commands that I've seen in guides aren't recognized for some reason, and I'm not sure if that has to do with OS updates or if my router is simply lacking certain capabilities.

Type
    INtP
    I went to the major secondhand kids store for the first time yesterday. Shit, why have I been buying them NEW their whole lives? Got this impulse buy for the older one

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    My daughter's father is paying me double child support out of the kindness of his own heart (and probably guilt) so I bought her the most expensive Step 2 slide thing that'll be here later this week and another carseat

She has the Graco all in one in my car, but I got a nice evenflo to toss in other people's cars cuz that Graco is a pain in the ass to get in and out

Not looking forward to assembling the slide. But hey it's got to be done!
    Last edited by rokki balbotox; 07-10-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Bought a 13-week subscription to the New Scientist. Been wanting to do this for years.

Life has been devoid of actual rest lately, it will be nice to have a weekly evening ritual of reading the paper copy while drinking a cup of tea.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I love New Scientist. Bit pricey though. I let my subscription lapse.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    I love New Scientist. Bit pricey though. I let my subscription lapse.
    I enjoy how their articles explain concepts in layman terms, yet they don't try to overtly dumb everything down like most popular science.

I'm going to circulate/hand down my perused copies to a handful of students. That should improve the cost-benefit ratio.