Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Living near a cell tower

Type
    Xxxx

Living near a cell tower

Lots of conflicting studies on this issue, but most seem to suggest the dangers are real.
    This vs this

Found a house i'd really like to live in, but it's right next to a cell tower, i need some help in making a decision.

Type
    INTP
    I'd consider it just another one of the hazards of life. I'm sure there's other things you do that are also associated with similar levels of cancer risk.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    I'd consider it just another one of the hazards of life. I'm sure there's other things you do that are also associated with similar levels of cancer risk.
    +1. I probably do things to myself that are worse for my health than a cell tower. Like smoking, and sitting at a computer for hours on end.

Type
    Xxxx
    There aren't, i'm actually moving to the mountains to get away from polluants, heat, disorder, ugliness and an overall carcinogenic life.

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    ^what do you eat? Things you actually put into your body are the first place to look if you want to reduce your risks of cancer. Then make sure you're getting appropriate amounts of exercise and sunlight exposure. Also you have to keep stress at a minimum.

Type
    Xxxx
    Aw man forget about the helpin me out part, i would just really like to get people's scientific viw on how damaging cell site EM radiation is. Most studies seem BS and i have limited knowledge in that area.

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Well, just looking at the two links you provided, I've heard bad things about naturalnews before(linking autism to vaccines I believe) so I was skeptical of that one. It doesn't cite the specific studies it alludes to and its sources include some blatantly biased websites. None of them look particularly reputable either. The American Cancer Society page actually goes briefly into the scientific reasoning of how cell phone radiation might affect tumor growth, and its language is much more neutral throughout. It also has an actual bibliographic references section with case studies and reports from professional organizations rather than just a list of websites. So I'm inclined to trust the validity of the ACS page much more than the naturalnews one. I don't think cell phone radiation is a significant danger.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    They wouldn't put it on the internet if it wasn't true.

I like to eat yew berries all the time because they come from nature, and must be pretty good for me.

Spoiler: important disclaimer
    Do not eat yew berries.

Type
    xNxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Animals View Post
    Lots of conflicting studies on this issue, but most seem to suggest the dangers are real.
    This vs this

Found a house i'd really like to live in, but it's right next to a cell tower, i need some help in making a decision.
    check your sources.

Type
    INTP
    The wavelengths are too long to cause actinic damage (e.g., to DNA, etc.).