Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Fruit On The Planet

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP

Best Fruit On The Planet

Be specific about the cultivar, etc.

My current money is on the Ojai Pixie Tangerine. If I could only have one fruit going forward that would be it.

I will be sad when I leave the area and can't find these little golden gems anymore..

Type
    INTP
    I didn't know one could be so sophisticated about fruit... I have a very vague idea about the origin of the fruits I eat. I just feel lucky when I eat a good banana or apple.
    Out of curiosity, how much do you pay for a pound of the tangerines you mentioned?

Type
    IXXP
    Haskap berriies (Lonicera caerulea).
    I grow the Borealis and Cinderella cultivars.
    Looks like an oblong blueberry and tastes like nothing else I've tried.
    Being a type of honeysuckle with a bush habit it also grows almost anywhere with minimal care and is, they say, one of the most nutritious natural sweets around.

Type
    INTP
    Cavendish banana, or Hass avocado. Though admittedly, I haven't had much opportunity to try other cultivars of either.

Type
    INTP
    Idk, but whatever form of tomato I was eating in Serbia was hands-down the most impressive thing I've ever put in my mouth.

Hell, even the word for tomato in Serbian (or Croatian) is pronounced "paradise"
    ..and - I shit you not - it is.

Type
    xxxx
    Those huge juicy genetically modified raspberries. I could eat bucketloads of them.
    "I fucking hate the cold!" - Wim Hof

art and flowers: https://www.instagram.com/cloudlilt/

Type
    INTP
    We (Californians) definitely have some of the very best produce on the planet. As a kid I couldn't figure out why everyone didn't love fruits and vegetables until I left the state and discovered what they were forced to deal with as fruits and vegetables.
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.

Type
    intp
    I'm partial to pineapples, but avocados are up there, along with jackfruit.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    The pears off a tree in the backyard of a house on 3rd Street in Vancouver. No idea what the cultivar was but definitely not something that's commercially available. They looked kind of scabby and ugly but inside they were bursting with flavour that caused me a lot of cognitive dissonance that I was eating a pear.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    We (Californians) definitely have some of the very best produce on the planet. As a kid I couldn't figure out why everyone didn't love fruits and vegetables until I left the state and discovered what they were forced to deal with as fruits and vegetables.
    The stuff that California exports is definitely not the stuff they eat themselves. That's why California's got a reputation for producing so much tasteless produce that you only eat because it's preferable to starving. It's so weird to go to California and bite into a tomato that actually tastes like a tomato, because "California tomato" to me means hard, light pinkish fruit that tastes like mildly acidic water.