Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming Real?

Gassy ~ A 'torm is brew'n Catoptric's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Global Warming Real?

The solar energy that hits the Earth is 1,353 Watts/sq. meter or 429.7 Btu/sq. ft./ hour, which is called the Solar Constant.
    Approximately 120,000 TW (terrawatts) of solar energy strikes Earth every day. That is 12,000,000,000,000,0000 joules per second! More energy hits the Earth from the Sun in one hour than the whole world uses all year. (It’s roughly estimated that he world uses 15 terrawatts of power per year.) So, in One HOUR, the sun imposes 8000 times the amount of energy that all of humanity uses in one YEAR. Are you comprehending that?
    It may surprise you to learn that more than enough solar energy per square foot hits the earth to provide a solution for the entire energy consumption of the earth. This is measured in watt hours by engineers and scientists. The earth has 197 million square miles of surface which includes the surface of the oceans.
    The solar energy reaching the earth is 12,211 gigawatt/hour. Using the measurement of the earth's surface and the number of hours in a year, scientists conclude the earth receives 82 million quads of Btu energy from the sun each year. A "quad" is one quadrillion British Thermal Units (BTUs) of energy.
    The total solar energy that hits the earth each and every year is enough to provide 20,000 times the power used by the entire human race.
    The bottom line is this: The numbers just don’t work out for humanity to have an effect on global temperatures. It just can’t happen. Everything depends on the Sun, not on mankind. We, as scientists and engineers might be able to calculate the effect. But, it will never be measureable. We don’t have the technology to measure numbers that small.
    David R. Jones, PE - NSPE
    Something tells me the knowledge of sun cycles has been used against humanity. Natural cycles of astronomy have been used throughout history, and likewise global warming is just another extent of the charade.

Global Warming is Rubbish says Top Professor

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Catoptric View Post
    An idiot with a science degree...

http://theweek.com/article/index/260...ote-republican

Type
    xxxx
    Professor Calls Himself Top Professor, Encourages Others to do the Same
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kali View Post
    Professor Calls Himself Top Professor, Encourages Others to do the Same
    How dare they!

Type
    INTP
    I find it disturbing that human beings need to have impending doom held over their heads before they start wondering if maybe - just maybe - they should consider NOT shitting where they eat.

Type
    xxxx
    "GLOBAL WARMING ISN'T REAL? YOU MEAN WE'VE BEEN TRYING TO BETTER THE ENVIRONMENT FOR NO REASON?"
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Something tells me the knowledge of sun cycles has been used against humanity. Natural cycles of astronomy have been used throughout history, and likewise global warming is just another extent of the charade.

Global Warming is Rubbish says Top Professor
    These ideas have been well vetted and there is no correlation to the rapid increase in the global energy budget and anything dealing with the sun.

Below see the 11 year solar cycle superimposed on the global temp. graph.

The spinning Earth also gyrates or wobbles like a spinning top and this motion dictates the tilt of the Earth with respect to the sun. This affect can significantly change our climate as it causes summers and winters to be more or less extreme.

However, this wobble takes 26,000 years to make one loop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_precession

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    These ideas have been well vetted and there is no correlation to the rapid increase in the global energy budget and anything dealing with the sun.

Below see the 11 year solar cycle superimposed on the global temp. graph.

The spinning Earth also gyrates or wobbles like a spinning top and this motion dictates the tilt of the Earth with respect to the sun. This affect can significantly change our climate as it causes summers and winters to be more or less extreme.
    I was just looking over the solar radiance correlation.

The thing is we are still in an ice age. Cycles of temperature fluctuation are a normal occurrence, and atmospheric conditions account for discrepancies. Man may factor in some of the effects though you will still see the effects of environment shift irregardless, of human intervention. Perhaps glacier expanding and contracting are more erratic along with weather conditions, as result of human involvement.

I would tend to think a domino effect may be triggered in part from man, but rather as result of how the earth adjusts to fluctuations. The localized level of impact in the atmosphere could render more negative consequences from solar radiation, in part from changes to the biosphere.

I'm still guessing at the possibility that sun activity influx may create a different kind of atmospheric condition, similar to Gaussian distribution. I'm thinking of it as though the greenhouse gasses are like water in a microwave and that depending on the wavelength, creates a filter-like sift allowing for radiation to break loose from the atmosphere. Say their is a cut off point for which parts of the atmospheric green house gasses interact with the wavelength spectrum, and at certain points in the range, become inconspicuous.

This is probably all checked out by those studying the phenomenon, and probably would have been brought to public attention if it were the case. . . Or not.

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    This is probably all checked out by those studying the phenomenon, and probably would have been brought to public attention if it were the case. . . Or not.
    If you are inclined to believe that this is a global conspiracy of tens of thousands of researchers and technicians...
    then there isn't anything said here that will make a difference. It's kinda like "God can be proven".

Having myself previously worked in an environmental lab, I would say that it is thousands of people doing mostly monotonous or tedious work were groups with invested interest doggedly demand that you dot every I and cross every T.

Here is a Great award-winning website that addresses all the known counter arguments to AGW.
    http://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

And I think this is worth noting.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    If you are inclined to believe that this is a global conspiracy
    I certainly believe it is just another step in allowing society to be screwed over; yes. If we screw ourselves up enough then surely everyone will fall in line and die off as needed, just enough for the "elite" to procreate their god genes onto the next cycle of exploited society. Any stragglers that survive in the wilderness will be tied up for the next breeding season.