Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wooden Pallets

Merry Christmas
    Type
    INFP

Wooden Pallets

Looking for ideas about what to do with them. They're various sizes and made of wood. Thoughts? (They don't have to be normal, all ideas welcome. Personally I'm thinking along the lines of ~home decor~ but I could expand my horizons, I just can't think of how/why/what.)

Also, I have no idea how to do stuff-- I might need to buy a saw, maybe paint and polishing stuff, I guess. Craigslist :/

I'm (probably) going to update the thread with images of my palletable endeavors soon. (probably not soon but sometime)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Type
    INTP
    Probably not of interest to you, but I stack my firewood on wooden pallets. It allows for good airflow from beneath. I've got tons of wood to split this year.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    My friends used to always 'lose' a stack of them from the warehouse in the summer. We'd have big bonfires on the beach.

Merry Christmas
    Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Definitely going to try something like that. I'll have to figure out an indoors version though (hard to find plants that can tolerate the dim lighting :/ ).

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    customize, cushion, put under a nice shady spot & enjoy your new furniture while doing something kewl outdoors

i'd paint the stuff to make it more weather-resistant if it's staying outside
    I was fine when I came, and fine when I left.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I love that idea but I'd be wary of toxins leeching from the treated woods (IIRC some kind of fumigation treatment is mandated by law) or other contamination from being used to transport food/animals. Unless you can be sure they've been treated by heat alone and know their past uses, I wouldn't use them for growing food. You could still use them for growing flowers and other ornamental plants.
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.

Merry Christmas
    Type
    INFP
    Pinterest

Type
    INTP
    I think the indoor uses for pallets are pretty limited. If you were inclined to build furniture out of them I would suggest you just go buy some decent wood and fulfill your furniture building desires that way.

For outdoor projects like planters, compost bins, etc. they are acceptable since they are free. Pretty sure firewood is the number one non-pallet use for pallets though (again, on account of that free attribute).

However, if you were to build a gigantic pallet castle I would be impressed.

Merry Christmas
    Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    I think the indoor uses for pallets are pretty limited. If you were inclined to build furniture out of them I would suggest you just go buy some decent wood and fulfill your furniture building desires that way.
    I already have pallets though :/ And they look rustic, isn't that stylish or something? I guess I could set them on fire like gator suggested. I'd have to find a beach.

struggling to think of things to do with them besides make furniture/decor/fire. I guess they're not very useful

However, if you were to build a gigantic pallet castle I would be impressed.
    hmm