Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Barbara shooting / Elliot Rodger

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner

Santa Barbara shooting / Elliot Rodger

What do you think of him? Heres one of his forum posts on a PUA website:

Saw a black guy sitting with 4 white girls.

Today I drove through the area near my college and saw some things that were extremely rage-inducing.

I passed by this restaurant and I saw this black guy chilling with 4 hot white girls. He didn't even look good.

Then later on in the day I was shopping at Trader Joe's and saw an Indian guy with 2 above average White Girls!!!

What rage-inducing sights did you guys see today? Don't you just hate seeing these things when you go out? It just makes you want to quit life.
    and

One day incels will realize their true strength and numbers, and will overthrow this oppressive feminist system.

Start envisioning a world where WOMEN FEAR YOU.
    Sounds like he's furthering the MRA cause.
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by kali View Post
    Sounds like he's furthering the MRA cause.
    yep

there's already this stupid dichotomy being framed, like he's either a misogynist/MRA or mentally ill and can't possibly be both. i have mixed feelings but i feel there's more reluctance to talk about how misogyny has driven these murders, which is bizarre given that not "having girls" etc. is all this guy ever talked about apparently
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTj
    Psychopathic narcissist douchenozzle.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    How he wasn't just trawling in dem womens is beyond me...

Type
    INTj
    Reading through articles about him, maybe a touch of paranoid schizophrenia with antisocial tendencies?

And everywhere he turned, he felt he was being mocked by every man who walked the streets holding hands with a woman, kissing a woman, even talking about a woman, according to the document written under his name.

Type
    xNxx
    He's the Jane Austen of spree killers with that autobio of his.

Highlights:

He had a bitter contempt for women, because he felt that he deserved "the best", that he was superior to others, and that women should flock to him because of his attire, car, and looks. He tells one story about throwing his Starbucks Latte on two young women who didn't smile back at him. He tells another about trying to push a bunch of kids off a railing into the street in a rage- but he ended up not succeeding, and was himself pushed off. He broke his ankle and had to get surgery.

He put a baffling amount of energy into trying to win the lottery. He spent $5,000 trying to win one jackpot, and drove to Arizona to buy what he felt was the ticket that was destined to win. He read some book like "The Secret" about manifesting your reality and thought he could manifest this instant 100 million dollars via a lottery ticket. When he didn't, he was shattered.

His parents called the cops on him, who came to his apartment but didn't look around and find the stockpile of guns.

He played a looooot of WoW.

He has a very grandiose and self-centered writing style. He is obviously of above intelligence and quite sensitive. He fixated on a couple of things in his life, framing them as tragedies and fate, including the lottery tickets and what he called his "Day Of Retribution", the day he went on his spree. He fixated on the latter mostly from a perspective of "it's so tragic that I have to die a kissless virgin".

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    It's always the quiet ones. Those Columbine kids didn't have any friends either, you know. I think the media has a pretty good track records with being spot on with the psychological analysis of these sorts of people right off the bat, so I'll just go ahead and echo the sentiments in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by stuck
    He read some book like "The Secret" about manifesting your reality and thought he could manifest this instant 100 million dollars via a lottery ticket
    Are you telling me a positive attitude doesn't create a positive situation?
    Last edited by msg_v2; 05-25-2014 at 05:21 PM.

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    it's time we ban knives. If he didn't have knives he couldn't have killed his first three victims. Why are knives still legal?

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    There are 0ver 7 Billion people on the planet and over 300 Million of them live here in Media-Central US of A.

About once or twice a year, a person with an obviously mentally disturbed view of reality will lash out in infamous violence, and we will spend weeks digesting, dissecting, diagnosing, debating, and documenting it all. Many deem these wrong-wired as anti-barometers and think it is rational to move society in whatever direction is opposite to the offered motivations for the insane acting out. Others of a political POV will just see it as a Machiavellian means. (Irrespective of the obvious lack of normality in the brain that offered said motivations.) Hell, most that are dubbed sane often have a difficult time understanding why they do what they do, and the acting out is very often completely contrary to the real motivators.

In their insanity, these infamous fools never understand that their biographers will tell a very different story from the one they want the world to hear.

But they can ALWAYS grasp firmly to the unshakable reality that acting out in mass violence will beget an insanity of animated talking heads and political puffing.

And that's what's really Tragic and propagates like Tribbles.

Type
    INTP
    I'm about halfway through his manifesto/autobiography. It's not really difficult to read and it provides the context for what he did. Prior to reading it I would have gone with narcissistic personality disorder. Now I'm more inclined to think he was a kid whose life crumbled away from underneath him. He got stuck in a kind of arrested development. No one noticed or gave him the tools he needed to get him through it. Money smoothed over the rough spots and things just tumbled more and more out of control after that.

He tried to turn to his peers to replace what he'd lost when his family broke up but that obviously didn't work; that's not the role peers have in your life. All of the anger he felt towards his parents but couldn't express to them got shunted to his peers. The statements he makes about the girls and boys and later women and men around him are really about his parents, it's transparent and sadly creepy.
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.