Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread of hair

Merry Christmas
    Type
    INFP

Thread of hair

( @skip )

How easy or difficult is your hair maintenance process, if it exists? Has it (your hair) changed over the years/how? What do you think of hair cuts and hair cutters? What is your favorite and least favorite aspect of hair? Are you biased for or against any forms of hair and/or people who possess certain forms of hair?

Should we have hair?

(Helena Bonham Carter-- outstanding hair person.)

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    I think people should make sculptures out of leftover hair from various grooming processes, and then share them as part of courtship rituals. Hair sculptures would be exchanged if mutual attraction occurs.

Type
    XXXX
    I generally use the condition of my hair— be it maintained or growing over my ears and kneck-- as a barometer of my emotional well-being. This mentality is a holdover from military standards of discipline, which I generally find practical in civilian life. Although, I will occasionally grow a short beard.

So far as all the questions go, yes I think we should have hair for sun protection and to develop a sense of identity. I'm unbiased towards types of hair, although I do like it longer on women. Also, I enjoy haircuts. My barber is an attractive lady, she provides a free beer, and we have interesting conversations.
    “In a nation of frightened dullards there is a sorry shortage of outlaws, and those few who make the grade are always welcome.” --HST

"Long live the weeds and the wilderness!"

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    i prefer hair to be as low-maintenance as possible. i have super thick asian hair and am a recent short hair convert. short cuts are 10x easier (right now i have a side-part bob).

when i have more money to spend, or the next time i'm in japan or somewhere with really good asian hair salons, i'm thinking about getting my hair professionally cut and/or straightened. i tend to go to the cheaper places that do just fine, but i've never had that upscale shit and it looks so nice.

...i'm biased towards good eyebrows?
    I was fine when I came, and fine when I left.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Uh. I just keep it long because guys like it better that way. I guess I make up for this shameless pandering by tying it into a knot most of the time.

When I get a haircut I tell a stylist to do what they think is right for my hair/face but to try to keep it long. I don't really like telling them what to do.

As for color, when I was a kid, I always wanted to have red hair like Anne of Green Gables. As a teenager and young adult I cut it short and began to die it black for a few years. Now I'm fine with my own color.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    I get my hair cut occasionally. Roughly annually, sometimes twice a year. The reason: it's expensive, and it isn't worth that much to me most of the time. If it gets in my eyes, bobby pins are cheap. So are hair ties.

My preference for myself is "not a nuisance". I'm not willing to do more than wash it, occasionally condition it, and throw pomade or simple hair appliances at it to keep it out of my face. If it becomes a hassle, and I can't find a barber I can trust (or am willing to take a risk on) for under $15 (preferably no more than $10), I'll attack the issue with clippers. Another thing that leads to hair cuts is getting tired of sorting out knots.

The irony is that I my lackadaisical approach has apparently gotten me credit for being creative with my hair because it doesn't look the same day to day.

My maximum tolerated length is mid back. That's because that's the point where there is risk of geting it pulled when I sit down, and that annoys me. In the past, it's lead to shaving.

On women, I'm attracted to wavy hair or loose curls, and shoulder length hair. On rare occasions I've found a pixie cut attractive, but I definitely have a preference for longer hair.

I have an aversion to blonde hair, but a preference for piebald. It's a sad thing to me that for the most part, people have one colour of hair. Lots of other animals get far more novel colouration patterns. I used to play around with hair dyes to try for colour patterns exotic to people but not for beasties. My favorite results were brindle and one random concoction that gave me legit raven hair--including a metallic purple and green sheen.

I wish my scalp were less scarred so it looked better shorn.
    He was old when I met him. I doubt that's changed with the passage of time.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    How easy or difficult is your hair maintenance process, if it exists?

I suppose it's difficult. I wash/condition regularly, style most times I go out, receive regular haircuts, and do a rather elaborate dying.

Has it (your hair) changed over the years/how?

Yes, It used to be super long for most of my life and didn't require much styling. I started dying it black when I was 12 or 13. By 15 I was experimenting with different colors and had a long stretch with blue streaks in the front. After HS I used more natural colors, red undertones, rich browns, subtle/thin highlights. I cut it short a few years back and stuck with it, variations of an asymmetrical kind of pixie. At the same time I started dying it a naturalistic brown with purple/violet streaks and it's been that way ever since.

What do you think of hair cuts and hair cutters?

I think there is a noticeable difference between a good one and a bad one. I think the more specific you get with what you tell the dresser the less likely you are to have something that works for your face. It's good to find one that suits you (both cut and dresser) and maintain a relationship.

What is your favorite and least favorite aspect of hair? Are you biased for or against any forms of hair and/or people who possess certain forms of hair?

I like hair and especially love long hair, even on guys. I dislike super curly hair and most lighter colors. I also hate chunky highlights and most colored highlights (like people who put thick streaks of red or pink right on top, or do that thing where the whole bottom half of their head is dyed black) Not a fan of tiny braids, either. Mostly I prefer hair to look touchable, healthy, and clean.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by chobani View Post
    How easy or difficult is your hair maintenance process, if it exists?
    Pretty easy. Shower filter + very gentle shampoo. Air dry. Sometimes I add a little leave-in conditioner once it's dry. I use a rinse-out conditioner once a week. I'm picky about my brushes and combs, I use Kent exclusively. I usually wear it up.

Has it (your hair) changed over the years/how?
    There's more gray now but I've always had gray hair, it's still blond overall (so far).

What do you think of hair cuts and hair cutters
    Necessary evil. Worth the time and money to find a good one.

What is your favorite and least favorite aspect of hair?
    Favorite: taking it down at the end of the day and feeling it fall across my neck, shoulders and back. I wear it up at the nape of my neck at work because I'm in and out of hats and helmets all day. It feels so good to shake it down when I get home.

Least favorite: not being able to wear it down in windy conditions (it gets too tangled).

Are you biased for or against any forms of hair and/or people who possess certain forms of hair?
    Very few women look good with short hair. Very few men look good with long hair. I don't like messy/frumpy hair. And trim your ends, please.

Should we have hair?
    Heck yeah.
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.

Type
    xxxx
    Short hair for most of my life. I plan to bleach it soon. I usually bleach it at home and add dye. I've had red hair, blue, purple, green, orange. Never super bright, except for the orange hair I achieved with henna hair dye (would recommend, it was also a hair treatment thing. I got it from Lush. If you have mousy hair, this would make you look like a pretty redhead. photos here). I hate noticeable streaks of different colours, but sometimes its inevitable because of the DIY job...

I cut my own fringe sometimes, sometimes it looks passable, sometimes looks horrible

I want to grow my hair longer but it never feels like myself. Long hair is a hassle and annoying in summer. I like cute girls with short hair, like still a bit feminine tho, not like miley cyrus

Used to have a fear of hairdressers but have grown out of it. Usually the cut is around $45 - 60, and $120 for a cut + dye. I go to this japanese place in the city. It's not super great, but it's better than most places. They're so freaken nice and friendly, and the place is... kawaii

In HS I tried to dreadlock half my hair... it untangled pretty easily..

I don't have a preference of hair for others - every person pulls off different styles. What looks good is what suits them.
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I think people should make sculptures out of leftover hair from various grooming processes, and then share them as part of courtship rituals. Hair sculptures would be exchanged if mutual attraction occurs.
    Not sure if joking. That's totally a thing.