Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Job Shenanigans: What's the Biggest Mischief You've Brewed (And Acted Out) at Work?

Retired
    Type
    XXXX

Job Shenanigans: What's the Biggest Mischief You've Brewed (And Acted Out) at Work?

I'm sure we all have a story here. Perhaps it was something you'd been plotting for months. Or maybe you simply took advantage of an opportune situation. Were you seeking revenge? Or did you try to get fired, and failed? Did you get away with your deed, or did you get caught?

Let's share. May hilarity ensue.

Type
    xNxx
    I worked a fart into the audio of "Snakes On A Train". FF to as much as you can stand before 30:08 of this filmic masterwork to witness my triumph.

Type
    INTP
    Never. Not trying to rain on your thread but I like to highly optimize my work time to minimize the time and energy spent. Paradoxically I really like my job and love my work (computer programmer), but I love it so much that I like to have plenty of off time for the projects I really like.

I've heard no end of stories however. Usually pretty subtle ones involving emails or letters impersonating the CEO to some hapless individual, due to their complaining too much about some gripe or another.

Type
    INTj
    I bought a keg for my office and let employees drink on the job... as long as they meet their deadlines they get free beer.

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I bought a keg for my office and let employees drink on the job... as long as they meet their deadlines they get free beer.
    Are you hiring?

— When I was working a live-in job at a hotel as a student, I'd sneak down in the middle of the night to have a chat with the night porter. That dude had the key to the kitchen and all the fridges, so we'd indulge in some serious bacon, caviar and/or ice cream feasts.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    On a business trip I went into downtown Brussels and drank the beer like it was English beer (i.e. half the strength). The next thing I knew I was in a hotel with a bed covered in vomit and faced a 250 Euro charge for the pleasure.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    On a business trip I went into downtown Brussels and drank the beer like it was English beer (i.e. half the strength). The next thing I knew I was in a hotel with a bed covered in vomit Belgian glamour dancer and faced a 250 Euro charge for the pleasure.
    Now that would have been something.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    Now that would have been something.
    Oh well, that was Prague not Brussels.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    Oh well, that was Prague not Brussels.
    Touché!

Type
    INFP
    Of all the jobs Ive had where I have been blatantly discriminated against/harassed by management for my sexual orientation AND have had a willing partner I've had sex on top of the offending peoples desk before leaving.