Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-Cigs

Type
    INTj

E-Cigs

Am I the only one here that uses them? I'm puffing on a triton from www.halocigs.com, with Tribeca juice. Deliciousness. For the record, I've never smoked a cigarette before in my life -- weed yes, tobacco no.

Mine looks like this:

and is an excellent nicotine delivery system.

Type
    INTP
    I have one. I love it.

-
    Type
    xxxx
    Everytime I smoked an e-cigarette, I wished I was smoking a real cigarette... mm.

Quit cold turkey and life feels much better now.

Type
    INTP
    I'm using them to cut back on smoking real cigs. So far its definately helping.

Type
    INTP
    My neighbor swears by them. I must admit he looks and sounds much more healthy.
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.

Type
    IXXP
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Am I the only one here that uses them? I'm puffing on a triton from www.halocigs.com, with Tribeca juice. Deliciousness. For the record, I've never smoked a cigarette before in my life -- weed yes, tobacco no.
    A decade after giving up a 30 year nicotine habit I have to say I think it's a bad idea to imbibe it via any delivery system as it is one of the most addictive chemicals out there.

Even if they could come up with a form that was totally safe or even mildly beneficial I still wouldn't want to go back to being a slave of nicotine urges -- being free of them feels much better to me.
    Society is like a stew. If you don’t stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum floats to the top.
    -- Edward Abbey

Type
    INTP
    At least I can choose nicotine levels and not smell like an ashtray. In theory it's probably no different than patches/gun/other cessation methods.

Except I probably won't stop.

Type
    INTP
    I quit smoking years ago, but am still addicted to nicotine. Primarily I use mini-lozenges.

I like nicotine and am comfortable with my addiction (for now), more comfortable than I am with my caffeine addiction.

I enjoy my vaporizer; after a few months it was everything I really wanted from cigarettes. I still desire cigarettes in an idealized way... but if I take a puff it's gross and unsatisfying, so what I really desire doesn't exist. I know it will never go away. That is fine. That said, now I'm indulging both vape and lozenges and I wouldn't call that an improvement.

I use an itazte vv, and have them mix me fruit flavors. Usually Strawberry+Peaches+Cream or Dragonfruit+Peach, sometimes an Earl Grey

Type
    INTP
    Would never consider it. If I'm going to get back into nicotine again, it will again be due to stress and an irrational desire to punish myself for actually feeling the effects of stress.

I'd probably just get back into real cigs if I tried e-cigs.

Even now, I still crave cigarettes. Every time I'm with someone and passing through air that is thick with second hand smoke, I'll might say the socially acceptable variant on, "Smoking is gross! Don't smoke, kids!" Though I'll be thinking, "Oh god. Just leave me here. Everything in the world that I want is in this stinking cloud of smoke. The smoke loves me in every way that you never could. Get the fuck away from me, you disgusting human. That's right: I don't want to be around you any more. I hate you because you don't smell like burning pitch, you vile, uppity, cleanly bitch."

Type
    eNTP
    I miss my hookah smoke sessions, but I don't miss not being able to taste my shisha anymore.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.