Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Primal Pre-Lingual Personality Test ~ 20 questions

  1. #21
    Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,267
    Interesting. I think it's a better description of me than any MBTI type, but perhaps not the Big 5. My guess is that it's somehow based on Big 5.

    You have a poetic sensibility and an ability to see beyond the day to day. You often seem to be living in a higher realm, or to be not-of-this-earth. Occasionally you imagine interior lives for friends and associates that are near-complete fabrications based on your fears or hopes for the future. You are often not aware of your own feelings. You have a strong sense of right and wrong, and because of this are often disappointed. Despite what can sometimes be a destructive inward-turning anger, you are very gentle. You are sometimes a bit out of touch with the ebb and flow of modern life. If your behavior is out of synch with your moral values, a severe psychic disturbance can result. Because connectivity is so important to you, you can become quiet and sulky if you feel that others around do not understand your point of view.
    The individual sentences seem to be auto-generated based on individual responses, i.e. there are no "types".

    But I also took the test quite seriously and went with my real gut reactions. I'm also blazed on indica and high on coffee, just FYI.

  2. #22
    a cantori Perdix's Avatar
    Type
    INTj
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    the deep end
    Posts
    2,436
    Thoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming, or mathematics. Manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of a sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of a normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are often left until the last possible moment, if at all.
    Accurate. I wonder how they came up with the norming system for this type of test.

  3. #23
    Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Shambala Road
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    ...

    Could someone rephrase this question for me:

    Questions like that made me go back to the instructions but that didn't help. Am I supposed to think of my answer and then choose the image that makes me think of a yes or know or just go with the image I'm drawn to after reading the question?
    I think affirmative-negative is the right approach.

    Maybe if you think of the y/n answers as complete statements????
    I have another voice inside me.
    Inside me is but one voice.
    Creativity is the residue of time wasted. ~ Albert Einstein

  4. #24
    Colymbosathon ecplecticos
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    Maybe if you think of the y/n answers as complete statements????
    Yeah, I guess. Otherwise the question could just be "yes" and "no". I think I took it wrong.

    But then some of the questions are like two questions in one - you chose the "yes" or "no" picture depending on your normal answer and you use your instinct about which is the "yes" or "no". The scoring system doesn't know whether your choice was intended to be a "yes" or "no". It's hard to believe your intended yes/no choice is unimportant.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,267
    Nevermind. I was completely wrong. It's basically based on MBTI, just measuring things in an odd way.

    http://pastebin.com/uxAFw9V2

    It's basically telling me that I'm an INFP. Daarn.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,267
    Oh shit. Exposed. Gotta leave the forum.

  7. #27
    Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Shambala Road
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by notdavidlynch View Post
    Nevermind. I was completely wrong. It's basically based on MBTI, just measuring things in an odd way.

    http://pastebin.com/uxAFw9V2

    It's basically telling me that I'm an INFP. Daarn.
    LOL
    Just goes to show how you can dress up MBTI in new clothes. It still begs the question as to how they apparently have derived some apparent accuracy from the interpretation of these pulsing images.

    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    Yeah, I guess. Otherwise the question could just be "yes" and "no". I think I took it wrong.

    But then some of the questions are like two questions in one - you chose the "yes" or "no" picture depending on your normal answer and you use your instinct about which is the "yes" or "no". The scoring system doesn't know whether your choice was intended to be a "yes" or "no". It's hard to believe your intended yes/no choice is unimportant.
    Without sniffing though the code !ddy provided, my guess is this question must illicit a Positive (yes) or Negative (no) response to the notion of reliance on introspection-intuition. (S-N axis).

    Thus, the images represent yes and no with some apparent accuracy in universal recognition.

    /my guess
    Creativity is the residue of time wasted. ~ Albert Einstein

  8. #28
    Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    LOL
    Just goes to show how you can dress up MBTI in new clothes. It still begs the question as to how they apparently have derived some apparent accuracy from the interpretation of these pulsing images.
    Sure. It would be trivial to go back through the examples and the code and sort out what visual elements are related to what aspect of the test.

    Little known fact: How simple shapes, colors and sounds are treated with symbolic value at a pre-cognitive level is an active area of research in anthropology, linguistics and neuroscience.

    Here's a link to start everyone off: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_s...h_neuroscience

    I briefly worked under a pioneer in the field while I was at UGA - Brent Berlin.
    Last edited by notdavidlynch; 03-17-2015 at 04:04 AM.

  9. #29
    Colymbosathon ecplecticos
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,736
    It's sounding like this test is accurate to the extent that I'm effectively tapping into my pre-lingualness.

  10. #30
    New Member
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    8
    Though quiet on the outside, you are often the hidden hero; someone who rushes in when needed and then after the emergency is over fades back into the woodwork. Because of this sense of duty and honor, you can also on occasion be rigid in your viewpoint and unyielding in the face of other ways of thinking. Usually cynical and rarely trusting of others, you maintain a small set of intimate friends. These bonds are stronger than most. You are always grounded in the present moment. Your close bonds can also lead to clique-ishness and a tendency to gossip about those who are deemed less worthy. You are an integrative thinker, collecting data from a wide range of sources and applying it to your worldview. You can become overly task-oriented. In stressful situations you often withdraw from the world to seek peace in contemplation. You often seem cold and withdrawn. Often you will withdraw rather than verbalize your discontent.

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone Want to Design a Personality Test?
    By Perdix in forum Online Tests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2018, 01:59 PM
  2. Alexithymia (Emotional Blindness) Test ~ 37 Questions
    By OrionzRevenge in forum Online Tests
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-14-2017, 01:21 AM
  3. Long, Negative and Insulting Personality Test
    By Blorg in forum Online Tests
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 04:26 PM
  4. BDSM Tendencies Test ~ 70 (1 to 5 scale) Questions
    By OrionzRevenge in forum Online Tests
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 05:55 AM
  5. 5 Dichotomy personality quiz (40 radio button questions)
    By OrionzRevenge in forum Online Tests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 10:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •