Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: The drunk thtread

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Makers!* View Post
    Sometimes, after a heavy night drinking, I wake up early and feel surprisingly refreshed, like I've been reborn. But this isn't always the case. Sometimes I just feel like shit.
    I think his happens with some wines.

Wish I had a Carmenere right now.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I think his happens with some wines.

Wish I had a Carmenere right now.
    Alcohol is alcohol, there's no situation where it leaves you more refreshed, not even with some special type. The only way you'd feel refreshed is if you drank only enough to get great rest but not impact your sleep (typically means going to bed with a BAC at or below .04) or you just drank so much that you're still drunk and so you still feel good when you wake up.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    Alcohol is alcohol, there's no situation where it leaves you more refreshed, not even with some special type. The only way you'd feel refreshed is if you drank only enough to get great rest but not impact your sleep (typically means going to bed with a BAC at or below .04) or you just drank so much that you're still drunk and so you still feel good when you wake up.
    I don't know what you're interpreting, but I understood exactly what Makers was referring to, and it happens when I drink good wines, but never when I drink beer or certain liquors. One can of beer might make me feel like my head will explode the next day, while half a bottle of (good) wine could make me feel great. That's precisely because it's not just about alcohol.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I don't know what you're interpreting, but I understood exactly what Makers was referring to, and it happens when I drink good wines, but never when I drink beer or certain liquors. One can of beer might make me feel like my head will explode the next day, while half a bottle of (good) wine could make me feel great. That's precisely because it's not just about alcohol.
    But half a bottle of wine isn't a night of "heavy" drinking as he mentioned, that's practically what the doctor recommends

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    But half a bottle of wine isn't a night of "heavy" drinking as he mentioned, that's practically what the doctor recommends
    I don't know the last time if ever I just drank half a bottle of wine without drinking the whole thing.

And anyway, last night I drank 3 IPA's and a can of wine and woke up at 6:30 like I mentioned, a bit woozy but raring to go. I hopped right out of bed, grabbed breakfast, then did my last training hike before I start my summer job--6 miles up a mountain and back with an 80 pound pack. Plus pushups, plus situps.

Then I drank another can of wine when I got back.

I feel like an Infantryman again!
    "Long live the weeds and the wilderness!"

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    I'm all for the fun. Who wants to join me in Madrid and go out, drink in the streets and pee on random strangers as they try to find their lost phone?

Type
    XXXX
    Hey.