Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: Historical Fragments

Type
    INTx
    Freedom fighters taste victory. Inspiring bravery. But the empire ruthlessly strikes back. Sad.

You hide behind caveats and modifiers. - Lurker

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Adventures in Marxism (Marshall Berman)

When Marx calls the bad communists “thoughtless,” he is suggesting not just that their ideas are stupid, but that they are unconscious of what their real motives are; they think they are performing noble actions, but they are really engaged in vindictive, neurotic acting-out. Marx’s analysis here is stretching toward Nietzsche and Freud. But it also highlights his roots in the Enlightenment: the communism he wants must include self awareness. This nightmare vision of “crude, thoughtless communism” is one of the strongest things in early Marx.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP

Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Adventures in Marxism (Marshall Berman) When Marx calls the bad communists “thoughtless,” he is suggesting not just that their ideas are stupid, but that they are unconscious of what their real motives are; they think they are performing noble actions, but they are really engaged in vindictive, neurotic acting-out. Marx’s analysis here is stretching toward Nietzsche and Freud. But it also highlights his roots in the Enlightenment: the communism he wants must include self awareness. This nightmare vision of “crude, thoughtless communism” is one of the strongest things in early Marx.
    how much of the left in the US today are bad communists acting out of vindictiveness?

also when the commies slaughtered 1.7 million russians after the october revolution and then a further 60 million over the ensuing decades do you think that they unleashed a whirlwind of vindictiveness?

why would it be different today if repeated?

Type
    INTx
    Blame and resentment of others are inherent with belief in an oppressed vs oppressor ideology. Unsurprisingly, such an ideology is also fertile ground for vindictiveness.
    Last edited by Sir Caveat; 09-14-2018 at 12:09 PM.
    You hide behind caveats and modifiers. - Lurker

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    This article is so good and made me realize I've heard a lot of stories like this over the years.

I Came of Age During the 2008 Financial Crisis. I’m Still Angry About It.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    I've been researching the Pension crisis in the UK.

Anybody under 30 isn't expected to retire until 70-72.
    And when we do retire, our pensions will be worth around 3,000 per year. (That'll last about 2 months, lolol)

And that's not even set in stone. The pension funds could be worth NOTHING.

So yeah, I'm angry about coming of age in the financial crisis too.

Britain is going nto collapse.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)