Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where Do You Miss Being Right Now?

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Where Do You Miss Being Right Now?

Right now, a close friend of mine is having a picnic with her mother back in western New York, by the side of Lake Seneca. It's one of the northern Finger Lakes, if you know where that is. It's about 50 miles away from Lake Ontario and the town of Brighton NY where I used to live.

I always loved the summers in New York and when I saw her cell phone pictures, I had a strong memory hit me of how the air felt, warm, humid and the smells of the plants there and the lake. I remember how vividly green everything is unlike the cool dry summer nights we have here. I remembered the feel of sitting on the painted wooden outdoor furniture while wearing shorts.

I wish I was back in New York this evening.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP
    Spoiler: three pics

It seems there's a theme... I can't quite put my finger on it...
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    It seems there's a theme... I can't quite put my finger on it...
    All the places are rectangular.

Nothin gets by this eagle eye, baby.
    That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..

Type
    Intp
    Chincoteague and Assateague beach/wildlife reserve
    http://www.chincoteague.com/assateagueisland.html
    I hope to go back much more in future, like I used to. Maybe will live there one day, too.
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

I am not programmed to harm human beings. Baymax

Type
    INTP

It's a Lebanese restaurant in Portland, OR. Pretty much the best food I've ever paid someone to cook for me.

I think I'm just missing Oregon in general. I'll be spending my summer with my parents in Minnesota (fuck that place), but I wish I wasn't.

I know it's not even ski season, but goddamn.

Guess my cousin's getting married in Portland in October. Not sure I can afford the trip, but it would be nice.

Fucking two-faced whore of a city, you. Why can't I quit you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Mexico View Post
    I know it's not even ski season, but goddamn.

Guess my cousin's getting married in Portland in October. Not sure I can afford the trip, but it would be nice.

Fucking two-faced whore of a city, you. Why can't I quit you?
    You can ski on Mt. Hood in August--I have, although it's a bit slushy. We're going to a family wedding in Portland in September. Going to be in Ashland in July--it's the west coast place for Shakespeare; we're going to three plays. Every time we're in Oregon, I ask myself why we don't live there. I know the answer, butůsomeday?

Central Park. My favorite place to PTFO or get sunburnt or a little tipsy or read or be a bum with friends:
    Spoiler: Best place ever

-
    Type
    xxxx
    In Taiwan, riding a bike! Miss it so much. You just can't ride bikes in Australia like you can in Taiwan.

Type
    INFP
    NM highways. They always go on for hours-- really monotonous after a while. But for some reason I have nostalgic memories of them. The beauty of the nature surrounding the roads seems to have made a stronger impression on me than the grueling boredom. And I guess I value them more than I did then since they don't exist around DC (where I am now).

edit: picture!

Banned
    Type
    INTP