Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was your worst job?

Type
    INTP

What was your worst job?

We have a best jobs thread so I thought I'd start a worst jobs thread.

1. Telemarketer - I lasted 2 days and never even went back to pick up my pay cheque. Something just felt too evil about it.
    2. Medical Secretary - People actually expect you to be on time and all that. You are constantly dealing with people who feel people have different stations in life and treat them differently. I never had to bite my tongue so much in my life.
    3. Liaison - I was totally out of my element having to liaison with community representatives. I was like, can't I just email you?

I've had a lot of jobs that weren't very glamorous but I would have had to been seriously medicated to continue doing those three jobs.

Type
    INTP
    1. Seaweed harvesting. Back breaking. We were paid by the kilo and we made less than minimum wage.

2. Surveys at the airport. 8 flights a day, each one took about 5 minutes. The day was thirteen hours. Good money but huge boredom.

Type
    INXX
    Graveyard Inventory
    That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by latch View Post
    Graveyard Inventory
    Are you shitting me?

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    restaurant cashier / front of house with a manager that yelled at me a lot

Quote Originally Posted by latch View Post
    Graveyard Inventory
    please share this story

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by INTP_Polly View Post
    Are you shitting me?
    It was a day labor gig I had once and is not disturbing like it sounds but it was grueling work. Basically using a slide hammer, you pound a six foot probe into the ground till it hits a casket then pound it back out. Grave after grave- thousands of them. Most people on that job never came back after the first day. I made it through all four. One dude who was not too bright essentially skinned his palms when all his blister came off. It was awful.
    That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..

Type
    INTP
    @latch I think you win

Type
    INXX
    I also was on a detail in the army where I had to empty a food service trash truck with a shovel. I didn't know maggots could get in oranges before that.

Type
    INTP
    Probably some of the grossest/most laborious jobs I had were working on farms as a teen. I didn't really mind it that much though. I can put up with a lot if I mostly have to deal with plants and animals.

Type
    INTP
    A couple temp jobs I worked really sucked. The worst was the month I spent at a financial holdings company preparing documents for scanning, which consisted of spending all day pulling staples and paper clips with a half-hour break in the middle. The task itself was miserable and mind-numbing, but the worst part was the people I was in there with. We all sat in a circle, facing each other. Everyone hated being there and everyone dealt with it by taking the piss out on each other. Whenever management was out of the room it got nasty. I was seriously depressed when I left that job.