View Poll Results: Which should be the INTP Complex Theme? (listen below)

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theme 1

2 10.53%
  • Theme 2

2 10.53%
  • Theme 3

15 78.95%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which should be the (musical) INTP Complex Theme?

Retired
    Type
    XXXX

Which should be the (musical) INTP Complex Theme?

In case you missed the other thread, this is an attempt at coming up with a signature theme for INTP Complex, possibly to be used on its YouTube channel (if @Ptah approves).

You have the choice between three concepts, one of which shall be performed and recorded by real people, namely our magnificent musical volunteers and fellow members.

Which theme will it be?

Note: Best listened to with headphones, since these "previews" hardly sound like much on laptop speakers.

The set-ups aren't entirely final, and room for improvisation on the performers' behalf can be granted.

Type
    Intp
    I love theme 2, so that would be great. But theme 3 is my choice because I not only love it, but it reminds me of Sherlock or a detective show background music or something. Anyway, excellent excellent all of them.
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

I am not programmed to harm human beings. Baymax

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
    I love theme 2, so that would be great. But theme 3 is my choice because I not only love it, but it reminds me of Sherlock or a detective show background music or something. Anyway, excellent excellent all of them.
    I agree. Really liked 2 but like the kind of mischievous aspects of 3 better.

Type
    INTP
    Hm. I lean toward 3, but I quite like 2 as well.

Type
    INTP
    One reminds me of entering a safe haven of a town after a long hard grind through a dungeon in a jrpg. I feel it fits the forum so that's my vote. I like all three.

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomps View Post
    One reminds me of entering a safe haven of a town after a long hard grind through a dungeon in a jrpg. I feel it fits the forum so that's my vote. I like all three.
    Interesting. I can hear that. It made me think of Masterpiece Theatre/Murder She Wrote/Things old people watched on TV before CSI and Law and Order started humping and having babies. So... that would be a 'no'.

I like the intensity of 2. Really describes the way things get when they're hopping--but I think our culture is generally more sedate. It's a bit idealistic.

The third however, is great because it immediately calls to mind someone thinking about things--and has an implication they are thinking about taking the piss out of someone or something. If I were putting together a movie about a caper in the 16th/17th century, that's the sort of music I would use for a heist planning montage with people in fancy clothes with ruffles and lace and shit gathered around a large table with a large hand-drawn map, impromptu markers, red wine, and candlelight. The closing would be to roll up the map, tie it closed, then shove it in a fireplace.

I wouldn't want anyone to think I chose by process of elimination. Clearly it was the decoy effect.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    The third however, is great because it immediately calls to mind someone thinking about things--and has an implication they are thinking about taking the piss out of someone or something. If I were putting together a movie about a caper in the 16th/17th century, that's the sort of music I would use for a heist planning montage with people in fancy clothes with ruffles and lace and shit gathered around a large table with a large hand-drawn map, impromptu markers, red wine, and candlelight. The closing would be to roll up the map, tie it closed, then shove it in a fireplace.
    I'm beginning to lean toward no. 3 myself. It's the one that took the least time and effort to compose.

Type
    INTP
    So I quickly turned on all three, they are all in the same key and even though the third is questionable it would be easy to transpose anyways right? Lets make the magnum opus of intpx. It all fits. I'd like to big band the fuck out of this, let the solists blow a bit...add some crescendos to each movement...maybe twice? I love this forum and I'll do my best to add to the final performance.

Can @stuck produce this? He's really fucking good at it.

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomps View Post
    So I quickly turned on all three, they are all in the same key and even though the third is questionable it would be easy to transpose anyways right?
    Er, no? I picked the keys for a reason. The first one is in C major/G minor, the second in C minor, the third in E minor. Which renders them completely irreconcilable.

stuck is in on this as far as I'm aware, as mentioned in the other thread.

Type
    INTP
    It's just a couple of notes? lol... alright man it is literally whatever. I'd love to play bass on whatever theme is chosen. As far as stuck goes let him control the arrangement and production totally. He'll make it awesome, whatever goes down. (if he wants too of course.)