View Poll Results: Which should be the INTP Complex Theme? (listen below)

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theme 1

    2 10.53%
  • Theme 2

    2 10.53%
  • Theme 3

    15 78.95%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Which should be the (musical) INTP Complex Theme?

  1. #1
    Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,748

    Which should be the (musical) INTP Complex Theme?

    In case you missed the other thread, this is an attempt at coming up with a signature theme for INTP Complex, possibly to be used on its YouTube channel (if @Ptah approves).

    You have the choice between three concepts, one of which shall be performed and recorded by real people, namely our magnificent musical volunteers and fellow members.

    Which theme will it be?

    Note: Best listened to with headphones, since these "previews" hardly sound like much on laptop speakers.







    The set-ups aren't entirely final, and room for improvisation on the performers' behalf can be granted.

  2. #2
    gryffindor Hermione's Avatar
    Type
    Intp
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Into the Woods
    Posts
    1,256
    I love theme 2, so that would be great. But theme 3 is my choice because I not only love it, but it reminds me of Sherlock or a detective show background music or something. Anyway, excellent excellent all of them.
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

    I am not programmed to harm human beings. Baymax

  3. #3
    Member INTP_Polly's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Inside my head usually
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
    I love theme 2, so that would be great. But theme 3 is my choice because I not only love it, but it reminds me of Sherlock or a detective show background music or something. Anyway, excellent excellent all of them.
    I agree. Really liked 2 but like the kind of mischievous aspects of 3 better.

  4. #4
    Sysop Ptah's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,222
    Hm. I lean toward 3, but I quite like 2 as well.

  5. #5
    Member mthomps's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    592
    One reminds me of entering a safe haven of a town after a long hard grind through a dungeon in a jrpg. I feel it fits the forum so that's my vote. I like all three.

  6. #6
    Meae Musae Servus Hephaestus's Avatar
    Type
    eNTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    15,305
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomps View Post
    One reminds me of entering a safe haven of a town after a long hard grind through a dungeon in a jrpg. I feel it fits the forum so that's my vote. I like all three.
    Interesting. I can hear that. It made me think of Masterpiece Theatre/Murder She Wrote/Things old people watched on TV before CSI and Law and Order started humping and having babies. So... that would be a 'no'.

    I like the intensity of 2. Really describes the way things get when they're hopping--but I think our culture is generally more sedate. It's a bit idealistic.

    The third however, is great because it immediately calls to mind someone thinking about things--and has an implication they are thinking about taking the piss out of someone or something. If I were putting together a movie about a caper in the 16th/17th century, that's the sort of music I would use for a heist planning montage with people in fancy clothes with ruffles and lace and shit gathered around a large table with a large hand-drawn map, impromptu markers, red wine, and candlelight. The closing would be to roll up the map, tie it closed, then shove it in a fireplace.

    I wouldn't want anyone to think I chose by process of elimination. Clearly it was the decoy effect.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.

  7. #7
    Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    The third however, is great because it immediately calls to mind someone thinking about things--and has an implication they are thinking about taking the piss out of someone or something. If I were putting together a movie about a caper in the 16th/17th century, that's the sort of music I would use for a heist planning montage with people in fancy clothes with ruffles and lace and shit gathered around a large table with a large hand-drawn map, impromptu markers, red wine, and candlelight. The closing would be to roll up the map, tie it closed, then shove it in a fireplace.
    I'm beginning to lean toward no. 3 myself. It's the one that took the least time and effort to compose.

  8. #8
    Member mthomps's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    592
    So I quickly turned on all three, they are all in the same key and even though the third is questionable it would be easy to transpose anyways right? Lets make the magnum opus of intpx. It all fits. I'd like to big band the fuck out of this, let the solists blow a bit...add some crescendos to each movement...maybe twice? I love this forum and I'll do my best to add to the final performance.

    Can @stuck produce this? He's really fucking good at it.

  9. #9
    Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,748
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomps View Post
    So I quickly turned on all three, they are all in the same key and even though the third is questionable it would be easy to transpose anyways right?
    Er, no? I picked the keys for a reason. The first one is in C major/G minor, the second in C minor, the third in E minor. Which renders them completely irreconcilable.

    stuck is in on this as far as I'm aware, as mentioned in the other thread.

  10. #10
    Member mthomps's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    592
    It's just a couple of notes? lol... alright man it is literally whatever. I'd love to play bass on whatever theme is chosen. As far as stuck goes let him control the arrangement and production totally. He'll make it awesome, whatever goes down. (if he wants too of course.)

Similar Threads

  1. Who or what is an INTP, and is one Complex?
    By Ptah in forum MBTI & Typology
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-05-2020, 08:34 PM
  2. The Great Books of INTP Complex
    By Osito Polar in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 05:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •