Thread: Mash-ups in your mind

Type
    INTP

Mash-ups in your mind

This happens to me often. Part of a song rings in my mind, on repeat, then either unconsciously or upon trying to resolve it and switch gears, I jump to another one completely. At this point they "blend" together. I'm not even sure if they necessarily must share the same key - I probably change it, but the intervals or melody fit. Share some examples!

Today I kept hearing Secret Chiefs 3's Renunciation for some reason, which gradually transformed into Björk's the Hunter.

Type
    xxxx
    butts and poop. butts made of poop

but seriously that happens to me with a lot of doo wop songs

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Last edited by Catoptric; 06-20-2014 at 08:22 AM.

-
    Type
    xxxx
    I hear second subject groups all the time and often have to think the piece to the end in order to pinpoint the composer. Meanwhile, naturally, different pieces tend to blend into it, since I can't not think of music, even if I try to focus on one.

Once I had a very short cello motif stuck in my head which kept merging into something from a Mozart trio, yet I knew for sure that the original motif wasn't Mozart's. I took a walk and thought about it so hard for three hours that my head began to hurt. About a week later, while perusing my drafts, it dawned on me that the mystery motif was actually something that I had written.

Type
    INTP
    It happens to me and it annoys the hell out of me when it happens. I can't think of an example right now because it's not currently happening.

Type
    INTP
    I find it nearly impossible to sing "We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing" without slipping into "The Streets of Laredo".
    "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is reality. Your cries do not move me." -- Sistamatic