Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: extraverts

Type
    intp

extraverts

I think that a thing does not exist for my mother until she talks about it.

Also, if she's thinking something, why not just say it out loud? Never miss a moment to vocalize!

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Do extroverts actually think, or do they just repeat the sounds they hear from each other in an intrasubjective reflex loop?
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    *leans back in chair*

"Sandwitch, tell us more about your relationship with your mother ... "

*gestures towards reclining couch*
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwitch View Post
    Also, if she's thinking something, why not just say it out loud? Never miss a moment to vocalize!
    i think that's how they think, by talking. they don't really see it as high maintenance, having to keep up with them.

my bf is one and if he can't talk to me, he'll write me long letters.

Type
    INTP
    Yeah, I don't get extraverts. Sometimes I really wish they'd just shut up.

Type
    INTP
    A couple months ago, a coworker who occasionally occupies the office across the hall showed up and had an extensive chat with another coworker.

He gurgled and burbled about all of the many things that he does to fill every idle moment of his time, and eventually got to a point in the conversation where he admitted that although he talks to people at the gym four days a week, he doesn't really get out as much as he thinks he should. "I used to go out every night with with my friends. But now?" he said, "It's awful. Since all of my friends got married, I've become an introvert."

Involuntarily, I cringed. After another several paragraphs of monologue to whoever he was talking to, he repeated the sentiment, "I really need to be a bit less introverted. I've never been able to sit alone--by myself--for more than an hour without going crazy."

My jaw tightened. I made a conscious decision at that point to take slow, deep breaths. "I feel more energized after being around people," he noted after another couple minutes, "But since I've been such an introvert, lately, I've felt, like, useless..."

At this point, my brain exploded in profanity. The code I was attempting to write ended up looking like:
    Code:
    for (int i = fuck; i < fuckfuckfuckfuckyouuu; ifuckyoureyesockets++){
        fuckfuckfuckyouuuu;
        why don't you shut the fuck up. you've been talking without breathing for forty-five minutes without a;
        break;
        the person you've been talking to has spoken about three sentences;
        you don't know what the fuck you're talking about;
    }
    Needless to say, the code only compiled inside my mind.

Eventually, I stood up, walked across the hall, and said, "You aren't an introvert. If you were an introvert, you wouldn't be spending two hours externalizing your every thought. You don't even seem to be able to conceptualize having an inner self, an inner world, an internal model of reality to draw on, sort out, or manipulate. You're a withdrawn extrovert, and if you call yourself an introvert again, I may have to punch you in your fucking face," I then shook my fist for effect.

After a long sigh, I added to one of my fellow introverted coworkers, "That's what I would have said to the guy, were he still here, and if I felt like getting in trouble."

Type
    INTP
    Extroverts....like would it kill you to do it alone? That's what gets me. It's like every task requires plus 1 or more.

Type
    XXXX
    I went on a date with a girl who told me she took a personality test, and like, her friends were all extrovert, but she got 30% introvert and her friends were like, "awww that sucks sooo bad," and she was like, "uuugggh, I know." And then I was like, "Personality tests are stupid, anyway. Don't worry." Because she was pretty cute and I'm wanna hit dat up l8tr. No wat I mean?
    "Long live the weeds and the wilderness!"

Buy my book

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Makers!* View Post
    I went on a date with a girl who told me she took a personality test, and like, her friends were all extrovert, but she got 30% introvert and her friends were like, "awww that sucks sooo bad," and she was like, "uuugggh, I know." And then I was like, "Personality tests are stupid, anyway. Don't worry." Because she was pretty cute and I'm wanna hit dat up l8tr. No wat I mean?
    She's going to do that during the sex time, too, you know.

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwitch View Post
    She's going to do that during the sex time, too, you know.
    I'll cope.
    "Long live the weeds and the wilderness!"

Buy my book