1 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FRUIT WARS: Apples -v- Oranges

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP

FRUIT WARS: Apples -v- Oranges

Reviving/stealing one of Hustler's antics

I invite you to post your own WARS polls pitting 2 items for profound pondering. After some number of these have ran their course, we'll have a War of WARS Tournament and answer those questions that have plagued humanity ever since we crawled out of the swamp.

Maybe also we can get The Admins on-board with the notion that: if an actual member should win the WoWARS then they are entitled to their own Signature Emoticon???

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Apples are far superior to Oranges because you can eat one without getting sticky and smelling of Citrus Oil all day. Apples also grow in places other than overcrowded semitropical climes.

Apple Pie
    Newton's Apple
    Apple Computer
    Adam's Apple
    Apple of my Eye

Apples are GOD
    Creativity is the residue of time wasted. ~ Albert Einstein

Type
    INTP
    Orange juice.

That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Crap, It seems I made the poll anonymous. If a mod could change the setting, that would be nice.
    Creativity is the residue of time wasted. ~ Albert Einstein

Type
    eNTP
    Bananas.

Apples are lame. Most of them aren't even worth the effort to eat given the pain and sulphur laden belches that result. If I eat a couple apples, I could strip the paint off a Buick with my belches. I could melt the chrome off a hubcap. One whiff of my apple belly belches would make a potato rip it's eyes out.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.

Type
    intp
    Apples; but only if they've been stored using 'smartfresh'. Can't stand apples that aren't crisp.

Oranges are also OK but only if they're fresh and not imported.

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Ideas for other threads:

Racism vs. chauvinism

Hitler vs. Hasselhoff

Inability to see things through vs

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    Hitler vs. Hasselhoff
    As an Austrian I'm not sure you see how one-sided the rest of most people would view that match up.

I'm voting for oranges. Apples are boring. Oranges pretty much taste good right off the tree. For an apple to become something most people would really want to put in their mouth you'd have to combine it with sugar (a tropical plant) and then transform it further through baking into a classic American food which works for dessert, or even for breakfast if you want to eat like a Vermonter. It's classic, yes. It's delicious, yes. But you might as well call it sugar, cinnamon and apple pie if you want to give credit to the real stars in the performance.

OR - I tried to edit the poll to make voter names visible but that does not seem to be an option now. It looks as though it is not tracking the information of who voted for what at this point. We could remove the poll (and records of who has already voted) and make a new one if you would like.
    Last edited by Osito Polar; 06-22-2014 at 04:22 PM.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP
    Apples

Apple crisp
    Apple turnovers
    Apple pie with vanilla ice cream
    Apple chunks with cinnamon in Oatmeal
    Apple nut muffins
    Candy Apples
    Apple cider

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by INTP_Polly View Post
    Apple crisp
    Apple turnovers
    Apple pie with vanilla ice cream
    Apple chunks with cinnamon in Oatmeal
    Apple nut muffins
    Candy Apples
    Apple cider
    Polly, your apples are lazy. They're the person on their team who needs others to work hard to make them not suck. Without sugar and cinnamon carrying them like a lunch in a brown paper sack, the apples would be homeless.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    As an Austrian I'm not sure you see how one-sided the rest of most people would view that match up.

0:00 – 0:14

Lighten up! Of all the people, I thought you would understand. The Hoff may be a hero at your side of the pond, but he's also a regular butt of jokes in (most of) the Old World. – I'm ignoring the not-so-subtle passive-aggressive "You're Austrian, hence you must be a Nazi" undertone for now.

– Oh, and oranges.