Thread: Hello Everyone!

Type
    INTJ

Hello Everyone!

Hello there,

Some of you may recognize me from other places. Pleasure to meet you all!

serenesam
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein

Type
    INXX
    Hi my name is latch and I live in a house. I try to use the word 'mitochondria' often in honor of Ren and Stimpy and I like to punctuate sentences with the word 'nipple.'

A friend used to call me 'Nipple <IRLname>' using an old jazz player's gravelly voice and we use to laugh.
    That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    What other places?

Type
    Intp
    Nice to meet you, serene. We need more of that cool serene stuff .. just in case really. You know how sometimes the intp parts will boil over and like melt the whole structure of the place and then all the green parts die and it's like a forest that just got gutted? Well, you've probably heard of it or seen it before. That is why we need infp's and other types soo much, to keep the brains from exploding and falling back into the dark side. That and I really like your Einstein sig. He said so many good things. Plus he was cute. I do like him. Also, Art and Science are basically what I love in life.
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

I am not programmed to harm human beings. Baymax

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    What other places?
    Other MBTI forums and non-MBTI forums.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
    Nice to meet you, serene. We need more of that cool serene stuff .. just in case really. You know how sometimes the intp parts will boil over and like melt the whole structure of the place and then all the green parts die and it's like a forest that just got gutted? Well, you've probably heard of it or seen it before. That is why we need infp's and other types soo much, to keep the brains from exploding and falling back into the dark side. That and I really like your Einstein sig. He said so many good things. Plus he was cute. I do like him. Also, Art and Science are basically what I love in life.
    Well, I have been told I am at least 8 different types (essentially all the introverted MBTI types) after having been on MBTI-related forums since back in late 2010. I first discovered MBTI back in college and scored as an INTJ. When I examined my score carefully though, I noticed that the score was more borderline with 55% for T and 45% for F. I believe if I had answered one question differently, I would have scored as an INFJ. To make a long story short, eventually I am an INFP due to calculating all the votes from various forums. I generally tend to take MBTI with a grain of salt anyway. I have also been told my writings/posts appear to be a bit more lively and less mechanical too so that is why I settle for INFP. The third dimension of MBTI also has the lowest test-retest reliability too so yeah whatever. In terms of cognitive functions, I don't know whether as I come across as being more dominant in terms of Fi or Ti though I could certainly see why some people see me as being Ti dominant and others as being Fi dominant. There are problems associated with the cognitive functions though:

http://oddlydevelopedtypes.com/conte...-failed-theory

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Your avatar's aspect ratio seems slightly off.

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    Your avatar's aspect ratio seems slightly off.
    Stop it!

You're right.
    That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..

Type
    Intp
    Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    Well, I have been told I am at least 8 different types (essentially all the introverted MBTI types) after having been on MBTI-related forums since back in late 2010. I first discovered MBTI back in college and scored as an INTJ. When I examined my score carefully though, I noticed that the score was more borderline with 55% for T and 45% for F. I believe if I had answered one question differently, I would have scored as an INFJ. To make a long story short, eventually I am an INFP due to calculating all the votes from various forums. I generally tend to take MBTI with a grain of salt anyway. I have also been told my writings/posts appear to be a bit more lively and less mechanical too so that is why I settle for INFP. The third dimension of MBTI also has the lowest test-retest reliability too so yeah whatever. In terms of cognitive functions, I don't know whether as I come across as being more dominant in terms of Fi or Ti though I could certainly see why some people see me as being Ti dominant and others as being Fi dominant. There are problems associated with the cognitive functions though:

http://oddlydevelopedtypes.com/conte...-failed-theory
    Precisely. I do like the Oddly Developed Types website also. The theory expands, as do we all.. and so forth. That is whot I love about theory in general. People forget that it is theory for a reason. And yeah, I always say I'm intp at the core, but infp/intel inside. I do have a soul, I believe. If you happen upon a hard-core intp, they truly will argue whether they have a soul or not. But, that's what makes us fun, too. Always the questioning, questioning for days..
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

I am not programmed to harm human beings. Baymax

Type
    INTP
    Hey, welcome aboard! Glad you found and decided to join us.