Page 240 of 273 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2722

Thread: Respond to reputation comments

Type
    INtP
    @Robcore ty, that was a kind gesture, but I'm glad Grabby felt me up (along with nearly every other girl/woman). But he wasn't socially retarded. He never touched a female manager, of course.

The experience was enlightening. i started to understand dysfunctional adult social interaction, first hand now.

I'm mainly pissed at the managers who ignored it, and even giggled about it, like, "Ohh, that Grabby!!!"

And I was 17.

So, yeah, this shit goes on all the time. The guys know the woman will feel embarrassed and awkward; it's extremely embarrassing to talk about that shit to cops. Why? Well, they don't believe the woman, usually. They view women as hysterics.

Anyway. It's draining to think about.

ty

Type
    INTP
    I, on the other hand, wonder why so many food products have German names. And by so many I can only think of two.

Type
    xNxx
    Dave Gahan wouldn't have done that, but I bet Martin Gore would.
    glad someone caught that

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Finally, a car I can appreciate!
    gurrrrl! you is country.
    If you were American, you would be a redneck. You would have a v6 Mustang, maybe even with a dixie flag, your name would be Chelsea, or Brianna and you would date a guy who drives a large truck, or lifted SUV.

I don't know what car I've posted that you didn't appreciate, but on that thread, it was probably my own, which despite being thirteen years older, has 150 more horsepower and can actually turn corners, has a superior traction control system and generally just makes this picnic table of a car look loud and brash, as it is, my car can also seat more people in greater comfort while doing it.

That car was a Dodge Challenger Hemi V8 that I got given as a standard Avis rental and drove around Palo alto, (Silicon Valley) which seems to be mostly priuses, [Prii?]
    It had "active" exhausts, which, as I understood it, basically meant I'd be doing that forearm leather couch fart noise at about 80 decibels Alerting everyone around that I was clubbing a baby seal.

Type
    intp
    thanks @kari

Type
    INtP
    @Spartan26 -- I always forget!

I'm sad that The Shape of Water fell short of your expectations, but I'm not surprised. I notice a bunch of formerly innovative directors covering the same ground, trying to recreate the magic. And I enjoyed Three Billboards, but it was an extremely self-aware, focused film trying to pass as a fresh, quirky indie. I mean, the part was written with Frances McDormand in mind. *googles "innovative" film template*

I loved I, Tonya. Very gutsy, funny move, like Springtime for Hitler lite. Poor Nancy's "Why, why why" became a joke; I mean, damn. That's cold. Margot Robbie played Tonya very intuitively, imo. I was impressed.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    @Spartan26 -- I always forget!

I'm sad that The Shape of Water fell short of your expectations, but I'm not surprised.
    I quickly went into mocking mode with this movie, probably by the second or third scene. And outright switched off the TV when the singing number started with an emphatic "fuck that". Wikipedia is great for letting me know how a movie ends when I'm still curious about the outcome, but can't be bothered to finish watching it.

Type
    INTP
    @Sappho,

I have not actually read Shiller, but I have seen some of the things he says because Jung Quotes him in Psychological Types a lot in chapter 2.

Also, I am from the midwest in the US.
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    I quickly went into mocking mode with this movie, probably by the second or third scene. And outright switched off the TV when the singing number started with an emphatic "fuck that". Wikipedia is great for letting me know how a movie ends when I'm still curious about the outcome, but can't be bothered to finish watching it.
    Well, the title is too self-consciously "artsy," like what a college kid would think was really clever and deep. It's clumsy and mechanical; it could have come from an indie film title generator. Same for the whole concept. Guillermo del Toro is so brilliant it's depressing to see him bogged down creatively.

I love Bob Dylan, which is precisely why I have not and will never see him play live.
    Guillermo del Toro’

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I love Bob Dylan, which is precisely why I have not and will never see him play live.
    Guillermo del Toro’
    Never meet your heroes.
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'