Page 290 of 290 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290
Results 2,891 to 2,892 of 2892

Thread: Respond to reputation comments

Type
    INTP
    He actually co-authored a book with Nobel Laureate, Linus Pauling, and ran one of the largest Psychiatric hospitals in the US. North Nassau Medical Center.
    Linus Pauling was another non-mainstream guy. I remember his radio show from the days when I listened to Gary Null. Same "vitamins cure everything" quack philosophy, nobel laureate not withstanding. I've posted what I think of Gary and I think the same of Linus:

Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    I used to listen to nutritionist Gary Null's radio shows when I was in my 20s and after some time and research I decided he wasn't worth listening to.
    Anyway, I've heard the North Nassau Medical Center called a clinic (in the VERY few references to it) and it seems he was the one and only doctor who I guess also ran it. "The largest" becomes much less impressive with those details.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    Linus Pauling was another non-mainstream guy. I remember his radio show from the days when I listened to Gary Null. Same "vitamins cure everything" quack philosophy, nobel laureate not withstanding. I've posted what I think of Gary and I think the same of Linus:

Anyway, I've heard the North Nassau Medical Center called a clinic (in the VERY few references to it) and it seems he was the one and only doctor who I guess also ran it. "The largest" becomes much less impressive with those details.
    Well, I studied Hawkins' work for around 10 years...mostly for the spiritual aspects of it, and for the way he was able to articulate and contextualize some things. I did come to see plenty of faults in his approach, too...but I do maintain that it changed me for the better (in a big way) for having been exposed to it. Haven't been so lucky with mainstream stuff.

The Medical clinic was probably built up to an inflated point in my mind, though. If I'm not mistaken, it was funded in part by one of the Rockefellers or something.
    Also, Hawkins did work with other important figures, like Bill Wilson, of AA fame, and the well known Canadian psychiatrist, Abram Hoffer. I think they all did LSD together, actually. lol.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung