Page 301 of 301 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3010

Thread: Respond to reputation comments

Type
    INTP
    @Hephaestus

Yeah, holy crap. It was pretty telling when I threw back some Sloth sass in 2 different posts and still no one was reading the thread. I only took it to like a level 1 or 2 though, I'd say the NDL vs. Sloth on Waking Life thread approaches a 9 or 10 at times, and man that was a lot of fun! I re-read it earlier this year and cracked the hell up at some of stuff we said to each other. Now that was a debate. I'd love to battle someone about another movie one of these days! In good fun, of course. That's the kind of stuff that keeps this place alive!

@Sinny

I noticed that. I occasionally skim the Brexit thread, but never comment because I haven't invested enough time on educating myself about the positions, pros/cons, ect.

If only that person had the same attitude about commenting on things

Type
    INXX
    @jigglypuff Oldie but goodie..
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    @TeresaJ

Bringing up bebe.

For some reason I remember hearing about this one a few years ago. I'm curious how i'll take it because, well, i'm neither american or french, but we're heavily influenced by both american and european culture here.

I can see influences on parenting culture coming from absolutely everywhere though, and I live in my little alternative bubble.

Fingers crossed, we're about 4 weeks in and bubs is currently down to one wake each night, and I get the feeling he'd sleep longer if we let him. Hopefully this continues on trend, he continues putting on weight, and we get to let him sleep through in the next month or two...

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by ACow View Post
    @TeresaJ

Bringing up bebe.

For some reason I remember hearing about this one a few years ago. I'm curious how i'll take it because, well, i'm neither american or french, but we're heavily influenced by both american and european culture here.

I can see influences on parenting culture coming from absolutely everywhere though, and I live in my little alternative bubble.

Fingers crossed, we're about 4 weeks in and bubs is currently down to one wake each night, and I get the feeling he'd sleep longer if we let him. Hopefully this continues on trend, he continues putting on weight, and we get to let him sleep through in the next month or two...
    A+ babying.

The thing that got me was when she described the parents following their toddlers around the playground, narrating every move. It was like, "My God.... I've seen this. I've even done this. We have lost our minds." And then her explanation of middle class parents taking advice from working class experiences to extremes seemed spot on.
    Last edited by TeresaJ; 01-09-2019 at 03:45 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    The thing that got me was when she described the parents following their toddlers around the playground, narrating every move.
    Like a kickstart for their future inner monologue! Or language immersion that caters to their budding ego.
    Some days you're the bug; some days you're the feature.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Wow... Thanks, folks

Type
    INTp
    Not fair answering a question with another question. But I'd accept gambling with soul, myself.
    What's the difference? It's just soda, bro.

Type
    INTP
    @Sistamatic

My apologies!

Type
    INTP
    @Ptah: I had almost exactly the same thought. Somewhere between rage lady and Megatron: Starscream. Pretty damn good considering you aren't using any effects to get there.
    Some days you're the bug; some days you're the feature.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INXj
    @rep: About four each week.