Page 306 of 306 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3060

Thread: Respond to reputation comments

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Edit: here is the full rep since jiggly deleted it:

This isn't even what I said in the rep when you read it as a whole. I think you're being way too dismissive of the part where I say "it's hard for me to be totally clear in text" you're putting too much weight on the things that make me look like an asshole and no weight on the parts where I keep explaining I'm not a good enough writer to get my own point across.

I'm not sure why you're trying to get into this when I've repeatedly said that I think it would be best to take this to voice chat so that I can clarify what I meant.

I was trying to extend an olive branch by pointing out (and not for the first time) that the misunderstanding is due to my writing abilities and the nature of forum communication. I don't understand why you're projecting more than that on to me (at least it seems that way because I wasn't intending any offense).

I'm telling you that you aren't understanding my point because you're replying in response to points that I didn't make. I can point out again that this could be due to my own failings, but I think I've done that enough times.
    i'm responding to you cuz you responded to me about a general observation i was making, and you repped me...

i think you're an excellent writer, but you can always record yourself talking out loud and transcribe the text. if you feel it's important enough.

i can't guarantee i'm going to change my mind about how it makes no sense, though.
    it's weird but fascinating.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    i'm responding to you cuz you responded to me about a general observation i was making, and you repped me...

i think you're an excellent writer, but you can always record yourself talking out loud and transcribe the text. if you feel it's important enough.
    I appreciate the compliment, but I think I'm a better talker (who knows, it's not like my opinion of myself is objective).

I could make a recording, but I think it also isn't much better because there's no exchange and I can't expand on the parts that people are immediately responding to.

Also I think something that might have been lost here is: I have zero passion about talking about the existence of trans people. I really don't fucking care much. Someone poked at one part of my first post and it went one way, I saw it was going to get ugly, so I steered it back away into the part that my blood is *actually* boiled about (which is the dealing with the penises part).

Type
    INTP
    [Modhat]
    @jigglypuff, @Sloth, we're verging on dragging this across the forum--one of the dangers of rep communications. It's not a fire yet, but it looks like a pile of kindling to me.

I appreciate that you are both keeping it civil, but at this point, I think that if you want to continue the discussion, Sloth has proposed a reasonable solution, provided jigglypuff is amenable.

Fair?

[/Modhat]

Edit: looks like you two are peaceably sorting it out yourselves, carry on, but try to keep it contained.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    i'm not that interested in continuing. i stand by my judgments and observations of what actually unfolded, unless something changes my mind. don't really see where the problem is.

Type
    INTP
    Ok. Sounds like the matter is closed. Thanks again for keeping it civil.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    ^i've moved on, this is unrelated

I thought...
    lol. my policy on this particular... thing is i'll believe whatever makes this interesting.

Type
    INTP
    @Sloth what question?

Why you so bored, no work at the moment?

As you can tell, I don't pay attention to details, lol.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    @Sloth what question?

Why you so bored, no work at the moment?

As you can tell, I don't pay attention to details, lol.
    The question I asked on the previous page of *this* very thread.

You're right!

We could have a transgender moon landing skype party.

^ now that's a sentence I never thought I'd ever write.

Actually, I'm absurdly free these days and bored if you want to do this some point like in the next few days.
    Haha I guess to be fair I did pose it as a statement.

It seems there are no takers for the transgender thing (and I'm really ok with that).

Yeah, there's been no work. Other than that feature I had to turn down a few weeks ago because they didn't want to offer pay for 2/3 of the work. Supposedly my name is in the hat for a job shooting in Budapest this summer, but I don't have it yet and the project keeps getting pushed back. Other than that, nothing exciting to report. This is kind of typical for this time of year for me though, so I'm not terribly worried at the moment.

I think I'm going a little stir crazy not having any producers to argue with or any stupidly complicated problems to solve. This dog hasn't been let out for a walk in a while.

Anyway, like I said in my rep I'm up for going through and talking about some videos or articles you like (but try to keep it reasonable, I'm not going to watch like ten 3 hour documentaries and read 150 articles)

I remember you mentioning at one point that you wanted to talk about 9/11 footage too? I'd be up for that as well if there's some specific footage you want me to look at.

Like I said I'm bbboorreedd. Plus I promised we would talk about it!

Type
    INTP
    The question I asked on the previous page of *this* very thread.
    Oh, I didn't see that.

In my defence you didn't tag me

Yeah, bet you never thought you'd say that! lol

yeah, there's been no work. Other than that feature I had to turn down a few weeks ago because they didn't want to offer pay for 2/3 of the work. Supposedly my name is in the hat for a job shooting in Budapest this summer, but I don't have it yet and the project keeps getting pushed back. Other than that, nothing exciting to report. This is kind of typical for this time of year for me though, so I'm not terribly worried at the moment.

I think I'm going a little stir crazy not having any producers to argue with or any stupidly complicated problems to solve. This dog hasn't been let out for a walk in a while.

Anyway, like I said in my rep I'm up for going through and talking about some videos or articles you like (but try to keep it reasonable, I'm not going to watch like ten 3 hour documentaries and read 150 articles)

I remember you mentioning at one point that you wanted to talk about 9/11 footage too? I'd be up for that as well if there's some specific footage you want me to look at.

Like I said I'm bbboorreedd. Plus I promised we would talk about it!
    I'm off to Birmingham for the best part of the next week, so nows not a good time (despite my rep), we'll put it back up on the shelf and maybe dust it off in future
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I'm off to Birmingham for the best part of the next week, so nows not a good time (despite my rep), we'll put it back up on the shelf and maybe dust it off in future
    Aw man! I guess I'll have to go figure out something productive to do with all this extra energy then.