chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    lmao
    lol thank you i thought no one was going to say anything
    i sneeze like a grandpa.

Type
    INTP
    That AD behavior sounds like a great way to kill morale. I'd probably quit on day one if I had management like that.
    Oh honey, that's nothing. And it's kind of sad that it's nothing on the spectrum of shitty AD behavior I've seen.

Though this rep comment reminds me of a thought that I had last night.

I've mentioned a few times that I've been binge listening to podcasts, and one of them that I like is the Jocko Podcast by Jocko Willink. It's a podcast that focuses on developing leadership skills (he's an ex Navy seal that spent most of his military career teaching seal leaders to be, well, leaders), and I've found it to be really great to listen to if you're interested in being a better leader (though I sometimes skip over when he goes on a rant about jiu jitsu, but even then sometimes he puts some gold nuggets in those rants).

Anyway, last night as I was seeing that AD being a brain dead noise machine, and actually (I didn't post these bits but...) the above-the-line folks weren't exactly the spitting image of great leadership either. They were making some egregious mistakes, and if they had even listened to 1 of Jocko's podcast (or I dunno, even read 1 or 2 intro articles to leadership skills) they'd be pretty embarrassed about how obvious and stupid these mistakes were.

Even before I discovered the podcast, a lot of what he talks about I discovered on my own from leading teams over the years. I'm not a gifted leader, I'm a fucking INTP, but I paid attention to what worked and what didn't work. It's like these people are just like "everything I produce is a fucking nightmare, but that's everyone else's fault!!!" --- I actually had one of the producers basically say that to me last night.

It seems exceedingly rare for people in the film industry to take learning leadership skills very seriously (like reading books about it or listening to podcasts or something). I've been told that some of that is the budget level that I work in, on bigger budget things supposedly the better leaders generally break through into that. The best filmmakers recognize that it's the act of leading your team properly that will create the best film, you can have all the ideas in the world but if you don't know how to execute it's useless.

I see people not wanting to put in that work, and it shows. They watch a couple movies and think they have it all figured out, and completely forget that movies are made on the backs of a fucking team.

Type
    INTP
    @Limes No, you.

You drink Pee-Pee.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    @Limes No, you.

You drink Pee-Pee.
    Hey! What Mxx and I did in Croatia should stay in Croatia!