Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Have a half baked thread idea? Post it here and we'll improve it!

Type
    XXXX

Lightbulb Have a half baked thread idea? Post it here and we'll improve it!

I regularly have thread ideas, but am too lazy to figure out an OP that would properly stimulate discussion (case in point, this thread). If you find yourself in the same boat, post your thread idea here, and we'll try to make it less shitty.

Feel free to 'steal' any idea I post in this thread. I don't care who gets credit, as long as good threads are being made.

First ideas for consideration:

-What are some things things that make you emotional?

Personal stories, movies, songs, books etc.

-What has made you laugh the hardest?

What (regardless of how stupid) has made you laugh harder than anything else?

Karaoke

-I have no idea, I just want to talk about karaoke, and the pure joy of hearing a bunch of drunks sing nothing but Journey and Queen.

Handsome in an Ugly Sort of Way: A David Schwimmer Thread

-actually, this idea is perfect already, send it through.

Insomnia

-this is an interesting subject, but I have no idea how to make it into a thread.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    what do you do during downtime at work?

- potentially the most horrible thread ever. i'm not sure why anybody would wanna share these things, and it's probably unwise.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    what do you do during downtime at work?

- potentially the most horrible thread ever. i'm not sure why anybody would wanna share these things, and it's probably unwise.
    Not sure if unwillingness to share is an issue with this. I would have no problem sharing, but my answer is boring. I look up things on the internet. I'm guessing that's what most people do.

Type
    INTP
    Fridge Puzzles:

A cooking thread - for when you have too much of a leftover or non familiar ingredient and need to find a way to use it up? This leaves you searching recipes out of your comfort zone or regular flavor profile, looking for creative ways to incorporate the new ingredient with what you have on hand... Hopefully without having to buy even more new ingredients.

I usually like the challenge. It freshens things up, exposes you to new recipes and ideas, and is an interesting puzzle. But it would help to get input from others who are more familiar with the ingredients.

I currently have half a dozen limes, about ten lemons, fresh thyme and fresh mint. Lemonades and drinks are out of the question. What do I do?
    Don't remember changing this.

Type
    INTP
    What's stuck to your refrigerator?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by lethe View Post
    Fridge Puzzles:

A cooking thread - for when you have too much of a leftover or non familiar ingredient and need to find a way to use it up? This leaves you searching recipes out of your comfort zone or regular flavor profile, looking for creative ways to incorporate the new ingredient with what you have on hand... Hopefully without having to buy even more new ingredients.

I usually like the challenge. It freshens things up, exposes you to new recipes and ideas, and is an interesting puzzle. But it would help to get input from others who are more familiar with the ingredients.

I currently have half a dozen limes, about ten lemons, fresh thyme and fresh mint. Lemonades and drinks are out of the question. What do I do?
    The first thing that comes to mind is some sort of preparation for fish, like you can bake fish with lemon slices and herbs, maybe a bit of a glaze if that's your thing.

The next is lemon curd, or maybe some sort of marmalade, like this. I actually much prefer lemon marmalade to the orange kind.

Type
    eNTP
    Rap in Cherman.

I: Ramsay Bolton,
    You: Theon Greyjoy
    I'm a beastly monster
    You barely little boy
    I take sharp knife
    Cut off your thing
    At first it doesn't hurt
    then it start to sting
    I, crush balls
    little canary now you sing
    New name for you: learn
    Now you known as Reek
    Rhymes with leek and freak
    My artistry complete
    You are masterpiece... Unique*.

*Yes, the cherman accent is entirely to make this pun, and to get away with grammatical shenanigans. But mostly for the brutality of this pun.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.

Type
    INTj
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Rap in Cherman.

I: Ramsay Bolton,
    You: Theon Greyjoy
    I'm a beastly monster
    You barely little boy
    I take sharp knife
    Cut off your thing
    At first it doesn't hurt
    then it start to sting
    I, crush balls
    little canary now you sing
    New name for you: learn
    Now you known as Reek
    Rhymes with leek and freak
    My artistry complete
    You are masterpiece... Unique*.

*Yes, the cherman accent is entirely to make this pun, and to get away with grammatical shenanigans. But mostly for the brutality of this pun.
    Oh snap, a Game of Thrones rap.
    Why does he castrate people?
    Psychologically trapped, perhaps?
    Nah, pure insecurity from his own steeple.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Help me shop for underwear.

The thread is real time, complete with pictures as one peruses the aisle of a local big box store.

Lots of heated arguments about boxers and briefs without Michael Jordan to smooth things over. Lots of guys talking about needing something that will accomodate their "mondo dong" as popular nomenclature would have it.
    Last edited by msg_v2; 07-11-2014 at 03:08 AM.

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Slab_Bulkhead View Post
    Help me shop for underwear.

The thread is real time, complete with pictures as one peruses the aisle of a local big box store.

Lots of heated arguments about boxers and briefs without Michael Jordan to smooth things over. Lots of guys talking about needing something that will accomodate their "mondo dong" as popular nomenclature would have it.
    It really depends what you're wearing them under. There isn't one piece for every situation.