Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Take Over The World

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INFP

How To Take Over The World

If I had some God-like computer and asked it for a precise sequence of actions that I would need to take in order for the entire world to fall under my dictatorial control, then what do you think the output would look like?

I don't think it's impossible. In other words, there is at least one precisely timed sequence that would work (more than likely a near infinite amount of these sequences).. Not just for taking over the world, but for a great many things. Millionaire-in-a-day? There is a way. Dating PenÚlope Cruz? Ditto. This is just a belief of mine. Irrelevant to thread. If only I had a Melisandre around to guide my actions.

Well, even though it's beyond my powers to compute this sequence.. My guess is that the first step involves one of three things 1) grabbing a phone and making a call while I charge it, 2) keeping myself in front of my computer, perhaps programming, perhaps general hacking and gathering information, and perhaps for a very, very long time, or 3) walking out the door right now into the night with a wallet, cell phone, laptop, and change of clothes (perhaps stealing one of my housemates cars).

Type
    intp
    The second step is almost certainly you getting on a plane, since the likelihood of you being in the right place to begin with is very small.

Type
    INFP
    In Westeros, the model seems to be: get the idea in your head that you have the right to rule everything, convince people of this and either already have or find some way to get a bunch of money, and then use that to fund an army (then kill a bunch of people).

So..

Insights > Resources > Mechanisms > Actions

In the digital age, I'm not entirely convinced that the bulk of the work couldn't be done from behind a computer, from where I am now.. Of course, I'd need some way to feed and support myself while doing this work. My guess is that it wouldn't involve direct illegal hacking per se, but actually developing products that people could use and starting businesses, raising venture capital, keeping myself anonymous or at least under the radar, gathering a serious amount of klout and implanting my "mechanisms" into the infrastructure of a global society that gradually grows dependent on them.. Until it reaches the point that it's obvious that I'm competing with governments for power and need to shift gears.

I.e, start the next Google, but with completely nefarious intentions in mind from the beginning. Start taking over third world countries. Eh, they're already doing this.

Brain-computer interfaces.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I imagine the chance of coming up with a path to "rule the world" is roughly equal to the chances of the world coming together for a spontaneous vote and electing you as ruler of the world...

Which is to say, to discuss such things as "possible", is to stretch the meaning of the word beyond all utility.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by ACow View Post
    I imagine the chance of coming up with a path to "rule the world" is roughly equal to the chances of the world coming together for a spontaneous vote and electing you as ruler of the world...

Which is to say, to discuss such things as "possible", is to stretch the meaning of the word beyond all utility.
    I'll have the skin flayed off the tips of your fingers for typing those words.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    You can take solace in the fact that were the world ever to come together to vote on such a proposal, it is now certain i would be shitting myself before the results were known...

Type
    INFP
    Take two distributions of possibility. One contains all my possible paths through life, with a very small - almost nil - percent of them representing paths that would lead to world domination. The second contains the infinitude of possibilities represented by this almost nil percent, each distributed according to their own likelihood of happening. Somewhere on this second distribution is your spontaneous vote. Now, I imagine that the scenario you describe of a spontaneous vote would land somewhere on the second distribution in a position of less relative likelihood than the entirety of the 2nd distribution in relation to the 1st, which means it's not worth discussing even in this thread - which is solely focused on the 2nd distribution, and not the utility of discussing anything from the 2nd vs. anything from the 1st, or anything else.

In other words, find another reason to shit yourself.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by ACow View Post
    You can take solace in the fact that were the world ever to come together to vote on such a proposal, it is now certain i would be shitting myself before the results were known...
    That's one way. On the other hand, if all the other countries are destroyed, there's nobody to vote against you.
    Violence is never the right answer, unless used against heathens and monsters.

Type
    INTj
    1. Make money
    2. Stop at $(50-100)B
    3. Lobby until every law conforms to your desires.

Type
    ENTP
    Just how much of the world do you want to run? There's a big difference between having a lot of influence, and actually dictating.

In order to dictate, I think you're going to need a cataclysmic disaster, where you control access to a critical resource you can leverage to significant power in the rebuilding phase.

In order to merely have a lot of influence, I think you should just focus on being really rich and well connected.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.