Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Eating Alone

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    We'll be in the middle of nowhere, staying with the inlaws again most likely. There aren't any chain restaurants within about 2 hours of them. Plus, the inlaws would never abide by my going someplace alone on my birthday.
    The way people freak out about someone being alone on their birthday is pretty fascinating.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    Firstly, just in case I'm not around or my memory faults me in 3 days... Happy Birthday!

Secondly, I think you should feel free to substitute BJs with any other food serving location that likes to torture their employees for peoples birthdays.
    I think you should get bonus points if you find a place that does the birthday song mariachi band style with big hats.

Isn't your wife's birthday coming up? I wonder if you can convince her to participate in this challenge.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    There's a restaurant called BJs?
    This caused a raised eyebrow over here too. Googled up their website to try to get to the root of their name. They play it coy though, and don't mention anything about their name origin. Near as I can tell, it was founded by a couple of presumably gay surfer dudes in Santa Ana California in 1978. I'm speculating of course, but the avoidance of any name origin story is suspicious.

Compare and contrast to BJ's wholesale club, who are quite upfront about being named after Beverly Jean Weich, the daughter of some rich guy with no clue about innuendo.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    At Moomin café, solo diners are seated with large stuffed animals so they don't get sad.

Quote Originally Posted by article
    Do you often go to restaurants with a book instead of a date and pretend to read it?
    There are sooo many things wrong with that question I don't know where to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Found it. You're just gonna have to believe that this is me.

OMG look at that red star! Nearly gone full commie!

Eating alone and going to the movies alone is a divine pleasure.

Type
    INTP
    I go to restaurants by myself all the time. Hop on the motorcycle with a book in my back pocket and head out. Why should it matter if I have someone with me?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreon View Post
    I go to restaurants by myself all the time. Hop on the motorcycle with a book in my back pocket and head out. Why should it matter if I have someone with me?
    It's not wierd if you bring a book. Or are on a motorcycle. At least I don't think so.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    For those in California: In-N-Out is way way better. You have no idea how good you have it. I've eaten burgers all over the country from all kinds of places. In-N-Out is the tops.
    Yeah, In-n-Out is pretty darn good and cheap, although I think Five Guys is better. I guess "Five Guys" could be just as bad or worse than "Dick's", depending on the context.

Alas, the king of all burger joints rests right here in San Diego, if you ask me. This place is super famous and always has a line. It's been on tv and stuff. Its really rare to see someone eat there alone too, but they do have a small bar, so I have done it once before.

http://hodadies.com/

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    yesterday i self-medicated a horrible brainshit eyeball bruising headache with in-n-out. i took a few bites of a cheeseburger and animal style fries, took a nap, then woke up and finished it all, and it felt disgusting good.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP
    The Habit is way, way better than in-n-out.