Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Murder Your Intellectualism

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP

How to Murder Your Intellectualism

There’s this vivacity and aggressiveness that I had when I was younger, in my teens. Perhaps it was stupidity. The world has since kicked most of it out of me. I’m pretty sure that I sentenced it to death when I convinced myself that I was an intellectual, capable of being a tenured academic, or a scientific researcher. Neuroscience is what I had in mind but, after many years of incompetence and failure, I gave up. Now I can only hope that what I had before will come back to me, like a dog that you drop off on a dirt road 30 miles from your home who comes swaggering back one day, tongue out and oblivious to what you had in mind.

The problem I perceive is that this "intellectual" bent has severely stilted my self-expression. Now I find myself in a position and on a path where my youthful, unfiltered brashness is not only not shat upon, but actually encouraged. It would only benefit me to regain it. How the fuck do I kill that stupid little voice in my head that's like..

..you're an NTeee. yu are a rational. logics.. that you don't understand. math. feign being scientifically minded. avoid uncertaintee.. smart. IVORTTYWOER. iq means something. statistics
    Alcohol? I've never had a drinking problem. Maybe if I just flirt with one to get myself back on the right path?

Where is flurps..

Maybe just stop hanging around here? I'm not an INTP.

Type
    IXTP

Start smoking weed. Try to find the Ballmer Peak, but for weed, that makes you super creative and uninhibited.

Type
    INXP
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Start smoking weed. Try to find the Ballmer Peak, but for weed, that makes you super creative and uninhibited.
    Eh, no. Weed gives me anxiety. Now amphetamines..

Amphetamines just make you think harder. "I've never had an alcohol problem," he said, as if checking out a new brand of cereal.

Marry someone that demands a rational explanation for everything. That will get you pretty sick of it.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INXP
    Masterful Godwin.

DOA Space Invaders Champion Neville's Avatar
    Type
    Taur
    heroin works and it's easy to get but people get all weird about it.

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Find yourself a pretty trainwreck to fall in love with

Type
    xNxx
    Make art about it and mock your ego.

Type
    INTP
    Find something you mildly disdain or think of as not yourself and actively learn the appeal of the experience. Try a different way of being on for size for the sake of learning without redefining yourself.

It's like playing devil's advocate with yourself but with being and doing instead of thinking.
    Don't remember changing this.