Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are women more evolved than men?

Type
    intp

Are women more evolved than men?

Society Bloomed with Gentler Personalities, more feminine faces

It seems intuitively obvious than the feminizing of humanity would result in a more advanced society.
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    my crime is that i disrupted the echo chamber

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post

It seems intuitively obvious than the feminizing of humanity would result in a more advanced society.
    I don't know. When my kids were in grade school, I taught them to fight back and beat up bullies. No one ever picked on either of them twice. Particularly my older son often ended up in the principal's office. I remember once having to sit with the principal (female) and my son's third grade teacher (female) and explain to them that being nice and telling the teacher didn't work and that I had, indeed, taught my kids to fight back. They were horrified and excoriated me. They said the prisons were full of people like my son. Haha! I'd love them to know how successful he has been and what a nice, kind person he is--you see, I taught them other things, too. Kid's need to learn "masculine" and "feminine" skills and we need to stop labeling things according to gender. Had I daughters, I guarantee you they would have been taught to fight just as well. It's a life skill among many others.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post

Why? Most of the advanced things we enjoy today were created by men. I imagine a more feminized society would be much less advanced, albeit simpler and more peaceful. People might be happier with lower testosterone levels but I doubt any of us would have made it to space by now.

Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    the prisons are full of people like your son, though. they're just mostly black and latino.
    The prisons are full of the poor and nonviolent offenders (97%). And God help those guys if they never learned to stand up to bullies.
    Last edited by pensive_pilgrim; 08-02-2014 at 08:23 PM.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevenin View Post
    They said the prisons were full of people like my son. Haha!
    the prisons are full of people like your son, though. they're just mostly black and latino.

Type
    INxP

On first reading that's a pretty shitty thing to say about someone's son ... someone that you don't know.

... but if I kind of move my head away from the screen and sort of squint a bit and look at your post like one of those magic pictures, I can sort of see that maybe you meant something different.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevenin View Post
    I don't know. When my kids were in grade school, I taught them to fight back and beat up bullies. No one ever picked on either of them twice. Particularly my older son often ended up in the principal's office. I remember once having to sit with the principal (female) and my son's third grade teacher (female) and explain to them that being nice and telling the teacher didn't work and that I had, indeed, taught my kids to fight back. They were horrified and excoriated me. They said the prisons were full of people like my son. Haha! I'd love them to know how successful he has been and what a nice, kind person he is--you see, I taught them other things, too. Kid's need to learn "masculine" and "feminine" skills and we need to stop labeling things according to gender. Had I daughters, I guarantee you they would have been taught to fight just as well. It's a life skill among many others.
    Not that you are entirely wrong, but it probably wasn't terribly smart of me to give somebody the finger who almost ran me over with his pick-up truck the other day (and had an expression on his face like I shouldn't have been walking there).

To be blunt, I do agree that many women seem ignorant of this dynamic. It doesn't work that way. It's a case I think of people focusing too much on an ideal, and not a reality. Teachers don't usually do anything about bullying (and maybe they'd get in trouble if they did), unless perhaps it's physical, and then act surprised when fights break out. I wonder in today's "zero tolerance" climate, if I would have been expelled. I went by my elementary school once. The playground at my elementary school has no more swingsets or jungle gyms, just this stupid floor made out of a stupid rubbery material, but there's an elaborate security system at the entrance in the courtyard, complete with iron bars.
    Last edited by msg_v2; 08-02-2014 at 08:34 PM.

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post

On first reading that's a pretty shitty thing to say about someone's son ... someone that you don't know.

... but if I kind of move my head away from the screen and sort of squint a bit and look at your post like one of those magic pictures, I can sort of see that maybe you meant something different.
    um, lol, how is it "shitty" to bring up the fact that black and latino kids are disciplined much more harshly for things like that? that is a fact. just sayin.

i mean if it's offensive cuz i may have suggested that black and latino kids are also nice kids... i don't know what to say to you.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    um, lol, how is it "shitty" to bring up the fact that black and latino kids are disciplined much more harshly for things like that? that is a fact. just sayin.

i mean if it's offensive cuz i may have suggested that black and latino kids are also nice kids... i don't know what to say to you.
    Maybe they end up in jail because of that mentality... that aggression is always bad, and civilized people never engage in it. Race plays a role too, I'm sure.

Type
    INTP
    We're not black?

Type
    INxP

Sure okay ... my first reading though wasn't that prisons are full of nice kids like your son.