Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72

Thread: An astrological disappointment

  1. #1
    New Member Rasofy's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    44

    An astrological disappointment

    Everything is going well, she seems like a fun, somewhat driven person, and she's fairly hot too.

    Then she mentions her astrological sign, and how much it tells about her personality.



    Happened twice this year.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Amen P-O's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    862
    Tell me when you get to the problem part.
    Violence is never the right answer, unless used against heathens and monsters.

  3. #3
    New Member Rasofy's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by P-O View Post
    Tell me when you get to the problem part.
    Do you think horoscope has any sort of validity? I'm actually open to this idea, no sarcasm.

  4. #4
    a cantori Perdix's Avatar
    Type
    INTj
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    the deep end
    Posts
    2,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Do you think horoscope has any sort of validity? I'm actually open to this idea, no sarcasm.
    Assuming the correlation between any two real-world variables is greater than zero, sure, why not. You should introduce her to the Forer/Barnum effect.

  5. #5
    Ieilaelite pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Do you think horoscope has any sort of validity? I'm actually open to this idea, no sarcasm.
    I really doubt that's what he's saying, but rather I think the point is that you should be open to dating people who believe in things that you don't. Unless it's really important to you that your romantic partner be very logical and scientific in her outlook. Personally, I'd rather have the opposite.

  6. #6
    Amen P-O's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    862
    ^ pretty much that


    Edit:
    Just so you know, I think it's bs.

    Edit2:

    People just have little things they believe in sometimes that don't have any effect on their lives. No reason to ruin a good thing over a harmless (sometimes fun) superstition.
    Violence is never the right answer, unless used against heathens and monsters.

  7. #7
    Overlook in favor of sex. Don't self cockblock!

  8. #8
    Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Shambala Road
    Posts
    3,074
    Tell her a Moon-Shot is in Her Stars.
    Creativity is the residue of time wasted. ~ Albert Einstein

  9. #9
    New Member Rasofy's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Assuming the correlation between any two real-world variables is greater than zero, sure, why not. You should introduce her to the Forer/Barnum effect.
    Good idea. Might try this if things ever hit off.

    Quote Originally Posted by pathogenetic_peripatetic View Post
    I think the point is that you should be open to dating people who believe in things that you don't. Unless it's really important to you that your romantic partner be very logical and scientific in her outlook. Personally, I'd rather have the opposite.
    Same, actually. But. It's still annoying.

    Quote Originally Posted by P-O View Post
    ^ pretty much that


    Edit:
    Just so you know, I think it's bs.

    Edit2:

    People just have little things they believe in sometimes that don't have any effect on their lives. No reason to ruin a good thing over a harmless (sometimes fun) superstition.
    Fair enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by flurps View Post
    Overlook in favor of sex. Don't self cockblock!
    *bro fist*

    Yeah, I shouldn't and won't rule them out based on that.

  10. #10
    Member El D.'s Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Do you think horoscope has any sort of validity? I'm actually open to this idea, no sarcasm.
    You obviously like her because you posted this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •