Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foods for weight loss

Banned
    Type
    INTP

Foods for weight loss

Raw veggies foods provide supportive for the weight loss purposes.
    Add more fresh fruits, raw vegetables, and water foods in your diet to lose your weight effectively.
    You can take apple, orange, grapefruit, berries, broccoli, cabbage, cucumber, citrus fruit juices, green tea, coffee, nuts, fish, fish oil, and green vegetables soups for reducing your weight through diet.

EDITED: SPAM LINK REMOVED
    Last edited by Sistamatic; 08-11-2014 at 08:43 AM.

Type
    xNxx
    I drank like eight fucking gallons of orange juice a day and didn't lose any weight.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    I drank like eight fucking gallons of orange juice a day and didn't lose any weight.

Duh, that's because of all the fibrous pulp. Try refined apple or grape juice.

Type
    xNxx
    Quote Originally Posted by rincon View Post
    Alcohol is refined.

What if I strained the pulp out of the orange juice and put some vegetarian potato alcohol in it?

Type
    intp
    If you take the orange and apple out and just leave the watery bit, you'd probably lose a bit more.

Type
    INTj
    Workout daily; run, swim, 100-500 pushups, 200+ situps, stairs, etc. Eat 2000-2500 calories per day, stick with slow burning carbs, healthy fats, and lots of protein.

As long as calories in < calories out you will lose fat and gain muscle (yes, you can gain muscle on a calorie deficit). There is no magical food that will help you lose weight, unless you count coca leaves and/or kratom as food.

Type
    INTP
    Plant fiber is usually lacking in diet (the Western sort anyway). With it your body pumps less insulin to process sugar, which is why eating fruit whole is recommended - plus there's less of an overall sugar count. Smoothies are okay I think.

- Eat your fucking vegetables. Include fermented ones if you're adventurous, like in kimchi, as those help with gut bacteria.
    - rice, oft-called a slow-release carb, can help you stay full longer. Carbs paired with meat help with melatonin production, starting with the chain of tryptophan + insulin in your system, and proper sleep is another factor in weight loss. Have in moderation. Or don't, w/e.
    - avoid processed shit
    - fasting (intermittent or otherwise) has health benefits and increases lifespan. I now skip some breakfasts and will attempt to go a whole day.
    - eat fats and protein

Beyond that, there's a stronger difference of opinion (e.g. vegan vs paleo vs ovo-lacto whatever), but I'd venture most any direction you choose if you cut out junk and sugar will help you lose weight and stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    There is no magical food that will help you lose weight, unless you count coca leaves and/or kratom as food.
    That's true, though I'd add that consuming nutrient-dense food can help keep you from over-eating.

On fasting - the idea first came about, I think, when djm mentioned that he has clearer thinking, and feels better, working on an empty stomach. That seemed paradoxical to me but it inspired a bit of research.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Plant fiber is usually lacking in diet (the Western sort anyway). With it your body pumps less insulin to process sugar, which is why eating fruit whole is recommended - plus there's less of an overall sugar count. Smoothies are okay I think.
    I thought it was obvious that I was following stuck's lead and being facetious.

Type
    INTP
    You wanna lose weight? Eat less fucking calories. Doesn't matter where you get them. Eat less.

God, you people.

keto seems to work, though

Type
    INTP
    I thought it was obvious that I was following stuck's lead and being facetious.
    Yeah I was just needlessly lecturing in what amounts to a joke thread.