Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Where are all the old members dead, in the heart or in the head?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    Not me, unless I'm REALLY getting senile, and forgetting it ! Attila the Hunny worked in an old folks' home. I'm not sure what she did there. I've been mostly in Sales and Recruiting in my life, but I am having to reinvent myself. Was recently doing Custodial for a department store.
    Somehow my mental image of you is Danny Trejo in scrubs working in a mental asylum. Maybe I did combine you with Atilla.... why not?

Obviously my memories of INTPc are a bit blurry.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    XNXP
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    It's understandable that someone would recall your work-life stories and think you worked in an insane asylum, to be honest.
    Well, I did have one experience where I was selling a hair follicle transplant service, and this Viet Nam vet, who was a tech there performing unlicensed operations "under the doc's supervision" ( right ) , threatened to kill me for standing up to his attempts at intimidation ......that seemed to work on everyone else but the two doctor partners, themselves. For realz. Scuttle butt had him saying he might turn on the oxygen some time and throw a match in as he left. Good old John. I told him to go fuck himself, of course. Later, I heard that he was in an accident that crushed his legs, and so he had to depend on other people to bring him stuff. Poor ol' john.... There was a TV expose on the joint, too.

EDIT - But I don't think that I told this story to INTPc or INTP complex before. I DO often see scenarios in my life as being quite Kafkaesque, but I suppose these days that's not really much of a novelty. EVERYBODY feels like special "K". Heh.

A week or two ago, I had the opportunity to briefly meet with Danny Trejo and get a photo op and an autograph etc. I was considering going, but....then I noticed that the organizers wanted a lot of money for the privilege of doing so, on TOP of the big dough required just to get IN to the convention floor . If I hadn't noticed that detail before going, that might have developed into a strange situation, with me arguing with my old avatar. Still....I'm not sure where you're getting the "insane asylum" stuff from.
    Last edited by kuranes; 09-04-2017 at 07:09 PM.
    cute as a bug

Type
    XNXP
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    Somehow my mental image of you is Danny Trejo in scrubs working in a mental asylum.
    My Trejo avatar was my most famous, and one of my first. But Trejo wasn't in scrubs, AFAIK.
    cute as a bug

Type
    XNXP
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    It's understandable that someone would recall your work-life stories and think you worked in an insane asylum, to be honest.
    Why is that ?
    cute as a bug